Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost (3971 Views)

Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh / What Was The Most Painful Thing You Lost On NL? / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by LarrySun(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
In the words of Mariah Carey's Bye Bye ft Akon & Lil Wayne,

I say this is a thread for those people who have lost somebody. Your best-friend, your baby, your man or your lady. People generally close to you.
Let's drop a few words to their respect.

1. My favourite uncle (grannies' last child)...it still seems like yesterday, when the news of your demise reached me so suddenly. How will I forget those days when you used to carry me on your shoulders to the farm, taught me how to ride bicycles. Such a loss! That hollow left in me has not been fully filled since the last fifteen years you passed away. May your gently, sweet sweet soul continue to rest in peace.

2. Tunde: Oh! How I miss you so, Tunde sad The rememberance of your personality always brings to memory our excapades in secondary school. We chased girls, skipped classes, gambled, fought and played. Your fatality slashed at me like a razor across the face. So tragedic to have an automobile accident claim you and your brother so suddenly in 2007, the sad news thereby leading to the death of your father. I'm sure you're resting in Abraham's bosom. I miss you, my friend.

3. Dorcas: So sad that death took you suddenly from me. The most painful part still remain the fact that I didn't get the chance to confess my love for you before the illness won the battle over your mortal beautiful body. I didn't get to read those poems I wrote for you. A regret I will live with for a long time. Still regretting it since 2008. I love you but He loves you more. Your memory lives on. Rest in peace, dear.

Care to share yours?

2 Likes

Re: Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by NeuroBoss(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
My elder sister, Yetunde that I never grew to know ( she died 21 days after my birth). How I wished I had you. I'm always moved when I see my friend enjoy a mother-son rapport with their sisters. Death denied me of this.
My dear Aunt, Olajumoke sleep on in the bossom of the Lord.
Re: Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by Sexkillzdick: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
My mom...dear mom, how I wish I could see you...how I wish I could listen to your never ending lectures about being my own woman. How I wish I could have been the better than I was, how I wish u lived a happy life till the end. I remember so well the day Ntebo lost her deskmate mate at school, that verse you quoted from the book of psalms.

' A thousand may fall dead beside you,
ten thousand all around you,
but you will not be harmed.'

You said that Ntebo will witness near death but she won't die before her purpose is fulfilled. Your words were true mom.

She has grown into a young stubborn independent woman lol...you raised us and taught us the right things from wrong, your legacy lives through us. Hope to see you again in the near future.

3 Likes

Re: Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by LarrySun(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rest in peace, Vivianc. Nairalanders miss you. We love you.
Re: Pay A Tribute To That Person You Lost by ewawumi(f): 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Olatunji Oluwaseun~ my twin brother from another mother. Neva knew dat wedding will be d last time we r gonna go out 2geda. Too bad death didn't allow us grow up 2geda. My entire family misses u cos dey av lost a son while I have not only lost a brother but my twin. Av missed all our arguments about who is taller n who is older n all d times we shared together. I've also missed making fun of you for the better part of your birthdays before sending in my wishes before the day wraps up. life has not been a bed of roses but I know you know I am a survivor! REST IN PEACE DEAREST TWIN

(1) (Reply)

EXECUTED TWICE: Man Who Survived Execution Will Be Hanged Again. / What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? / Nlanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.