Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts (1598 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor Boasts Of His Cars; Spells SEE As SEA / Caption This Picture Of Ivorian Players / Emmanuel Eboue Apologises and Congratulates Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Galatasary of Turkey and Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire defender, Emmanuel Eboue, has
boasted that his country will eat the Super Eagles of Nigeria like ‘super fried
chicken’ when they meet on Sunday in one of the quarter finals matches in the
ongoing Africa Cup of Nations holding in South Africa.

Eboue, who through his twitter handle @TheRealEboue, congratulated Nigeria
shortly after the Super Eagles defeated Ethiopia to reach the knock-out stages but
was quick to caution Nigeria not to celebrate to much as the Elephants are coming
for them.
Eboue

The former Arsenal player maintained that Eagles were no match to his side. His
first tweet read: “Congrat to Nigeria. Don’t celebrate too much cuz we are coming
for you. We are going to eat you like fufu”.
Minutes later, the Ivorian defender tweeted again: “Sorry guys, point of correction.
We are going to eat Nigeria like #SuperFriedChickens.”
From then on, it has been an unending tweet tirade on not just the Eagles as a team
but Nigeria in its entirety, a situation that has seen some twitter users arguing that
Eboue was being impersonated.

Some of the tweets read:

“@TheRealEboueI see ppl saying I hv pride by saying we wud eat Nigeria like fried
chickens, it’s not pride guys, it’s hardwork & passion 4 my country”

“@TheRealEboue: In Nigeria team, some of your best strikers like martins, yakubu &
odewinge are not in the team. Why? No peace, passion, & humility”

“@TheRealEboue: Ivory has some of the top players in d world, and when our
country calls. We go. We go back home and play. Nobody is a big boy. So shut it”

“@TheRealEboue: A country where mikel obi is your best player & captain . Out of
150million people. You sure have a problem super chickens”

“@TheRealEboue: With all due respect 2 mikel, he is a good player but not Okocha,
Samson,yekini,Oliseh, adepoju. Your football association is a joke”

“@TheRealEboue: When keshi was in Togo, he dropped adebayor. He is in Nigeria
and drops the best player. He is a manger he should be able to work on their ego”

@TheRealEboue: I have said enough on this matter. I was so angry. Speak to me
when your national television can broadcast the game. Have a good day

@TheRealEboue:Keep fooling yourself and calling yourselfs the giant of africa. You
are nothing but the soil of Africa we all work on now.

@TheRealEboue: You guys are jokers. Your institutions are comedy clubs. You have
so many resources & man power yet you are always falling short.

@TheRealEboue:Oh sorry Nigeria, I even heard your country owns the first African
television and you cannot even televise the game to the masses

@TheRealEboue: Drogba, Yaya,kolo, Zakora, gervinho,KaLou, and myself and all
other players. We are all the same. One unity and family. Country comes 1st

@TheRealEboue: I have said enough on this matter. I was so angry. Speak to me
when your national television can broadcast the game. Have a good day

@TheRealEboue: If we don’t beat you in the game, it means you are lucky. But trust
me, we are going to deal with you so much , you would be eating grass

@TheRealEboue: Why don’t you speak to your NFA that cant grow a good soccer
academy & produce players to last for a decade instead of new faces every week

@TheRealEboue: Blame me, i don’t care. I would say my mind. You can even blame
me Ghana can show the game to the masses and NTA cannot . Cover your face
TheRealEboue: My last word for Nigerians . Do not cry for me , cry for yourselves. In
the true spirit of sport , I love you all . Don’t get too emotional.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/we-ll-eat-nigeria-like-super-fried-chickens-ivorian-eboue-boasts/
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
I believe you jare. I hope I will be disappointed.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by k2039: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
He wrote the nake;d and bitter truth.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by omicron(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
I don't blame him. If the super eagles are still super as they once were, where him for see mouth talk?

1 Like

Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by TimePiece(f): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Chai!!!!
i dont even know what to say
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by bemagnify: 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Chai! I just wish super Eagles shud use dis one as a motivation 2beat dem mercilessly!
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2013
bemagnify: Chai! I just wish super Eagles shud use dis one as a motivation 2beat dem mercilessly!
honestly, I wish so too but you know these things isn't magic, the ivorians have a very solid team.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
And the chickens ate the elephant...

...it's not yet uhuru though...
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Syenite(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
k2039: He wrote the nake;d and bitter truth.

You are a fool!!!. So if some1 publicly insults your parents and family. This is the type of comment you will make abi?
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by k2039: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Syenite:

You are a fool!!!.
Ok sir.

So if some1 publicly insults your parents and family. This is the type of comment you will make abi?
Of course I wont even respond if someone insulted my parents, I assume they can defend their self if the need arises.
By the way I didn't respond to you calling me a fool.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Syenite(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
k2039: Ok sir.

Of course I wont even respond if someone insulted my parents just as I didn't respond to you calling me a fool.

People like you are a big dissapointment.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by k2039: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
Syenite:

People like you are a big dissapointment.
How?.

Logically you calling me a fool didn't even move or change me, so why should I respond to someone insulting my parents or family when I know we are all entitled to our individual opinions.

Calling me a fool doesn't necessarily mean you are right so is insulting my family or parents. Now you get my drift.

But I will still love to know why you think we are such a big disappointment.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by Syenite(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
k2039: Ok sir.

Of course I wont even respond if someone insulted my parents,

Your father will disown you for this statement cos u are a disappointment.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by k2039: 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Syenite:

Your father will disown you for this statement cos u are a disappointment.
So you think.

Only a man who is not man enough will expect his son to defend him.
Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by TimePiece(f): 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
k2039: So you think.

Only a man who is not man enough will expect his son to defend him.

You just made my evening by that response.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts by fabianblaise: 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
Stings, but very true. I'm not sure about the authenticity of the twitter handle anyway

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Eto’o, David Moyes In Nigeria (photos) / Ghana Keeper Carrys A Spider Figurine Into Pitch As Goodluck ( Image ) / Mbappe Out To Win Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.