Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,678 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor (9789 Views)

Tiwa Savage And TeeBillz Interviewed At BBC Africa Studio / Watch Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor / An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by samphrank: 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
His name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun. But in nightclubs, on radio stations and music channels across Africa, the name he is known by is Wizkid.

It’s sure to say this young cat lives day to day with the “work hard, play hard” slogan etched in his mind and with his first mixtape dropping sometime in April, 2013, I wonder what the starboy is cooking up for us next.

The 22-year-old singer-songwriter has quickly become one of Nigeria’s hottest musicians.

He recently signed up to the Konvict label owned by US-Senegalese superstar Akon.

But it was not always like that. He started singing in church at the age of 11. At the time, his parents had very different plans for him.

When he visited BBC Africa’s studios in London earlier this week, Komla Dumor asked him how his family has reacted to his success,about Akon, his success and a Fela Kuti successor.

Check on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z78fVT0_5GE&feature=player_embedded

More info: http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/video-watch-wizkids-interview-with-bbc-africas-komla-dumor/
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by pboiskinpy(m): 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kk I don see the interview...#NEXxxxxttt!!!
#wizkid,u fit narrate BF
#jux passing
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by uzeba(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mek i finish my megabyte because of wizkid!! For weti na!!
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by skilla: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
God's judgement dey com
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by uzeba(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
Am still watching it!!!
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by BlackPeni5: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Whisky is doing very well in the market o...But I still like Brandy more.
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Johnson6: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
dis first to comment ppl,u are all reali fools

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by OluEmmaAss: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
That boy, sorry father, is really going places. Davido seems to be reciting d national anthem, in comparison!
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by izenco2005(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
djmummy: The boy is blessed
2nd to comment for once in my life
see ur mouth me an u de figh 4 scound abi?
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Kaylee1: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
LOL @ His accent!! #ProudlyNigerian tongue
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by buchibabe: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
All dis first to comment toddlers,abeg which kindergatten una dey go,make I enrol my pikin dia?
Haba! Una no dey grow ni? Abi award dey for d stuff?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Fynist(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
wizzy going places, others only dream of. Way to go bro
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by huninaija(f): 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wizzy putting naija music on the map! That's wassup! cool
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Idacrux: 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
If na wizkin nko?that no add anything 4 my Gp now.
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by graceng: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
It's really good to do best whatever you know how to do. How would that little boy in the choir have thought by now he's all over the place, for real and not just in dreamsfood for thought
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by sEyi6: 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Kslib(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
exxell: ! Must you continue like this year to year? I laugh at the witch in your village still fanning herself with your picture!!!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
Abeg those that have watched it . Please tell us what he said. Cos my megabyte is too precious to waste. Abeg tell us. Thank you
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by crazygod(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
WTF? How he take be Fela kuti's successor? Jst asking o
Re: Wizkid’s Interview With BBC Africa’s Komla Dumor by Fussbot: 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
We wey no get phone wey dey stream video online nko??abeg transcript d interview jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Crazy Couple Having Sex In Public As Crowd Watch In Excitement / Annie Idibia Shares Photo Of 2face Daughter With Pero Adeniyi, Ehibenzy Idibia / Photos: P Square. D*ick Grabbed By Female FANs on Live Stage !! HABATICALLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.