Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO (8447 Views)

Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers / Keystone Bank Goes Slave-trading / Access Bank Md Aigboje Aig-imoukhuede Curses Staff For Not Opening Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by Adesiji77: 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Another change is imminent in Keystone Bank Limited as the current Executive Director, Corporate and International/Investment Banking and Treasury, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Mr. Philip Ikeazor, has been appointed the substantive Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bank, acquired by Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) in 2011.

Sources close to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) informed THISDAY that Ikeazor would take over from Dr. Shehu Muhammad, who has been acting as the bank's managing director since October, last year.

THISDAY learnt that Ikeazor was appointed following a recruitment exercise that was conducted by a leading international accounting firm for candidates that applied for the job.

“The board of directors and AMCON mandated a renowned accounting firm to conduct the recruitment exercise. At the end of the exercise, they (the accounting firm) made their recommendations to the board and the preferred candidate, which was Philip Ikeazor, was chosen,” one of the sources explained.

Ikeazor’s appointment, however, is subject to approval of the central bank.
When contacted on the development, CEO, AMCON, Mr. Mustapha Chike-Obi declined to comment.

With this appointment, Ikeazor becomes the second CEO of the bank as Mr. Oti Ikomi, who was appointed when the commercial bank was established resigned dramatically last October. Muhammed has since been acting as the CEO of the bank.

Ikeazor is a chartered accountant and graduate of Economics, University of Buckingham, England.

He is a professional banker with over 22 years cognate experience (largely in corporate and investment banking). He started his banking career in 1990 working for Nigerian American Merchant Bank, then affiliated to Bank of Boston, USA where he trained as a loan officer (1990-1996) and also worked at Merchant Banking Corporation (MBC), then affiliated to Bank Paribas (1996-2003).
He was a also director, Wholesale Banking with United Bank for Africa (UBA).
Ikeazor had handled commercial and offshore banking assignments in Ecobank Nigeria Limited. He was the pioneer Managing Director/Chief Executive of Ecobank Kenya Limited, a medium- sized commercial bank in Kenya affiliated to the Ecobank Group, between May 2008 and February 2009.

Keystone Bank is one of the three commercial banks that were acquired by the AMCON, through a ‘bridging’ process. The bank was established from the carcass of the defunct Bank PHB in August 2011.

The remaining two are: Enterprise Bank Limited and Mainstreet Bank Limited. The three banks are wholly owned by AMCON.

Chike-Obi recently informed THISDAY that financial advisers that were appointed to value there banks preparatory to AMCON exit was expected to summit their reports by next month.

“AMCON is going to be out of those banks as soon as practicable. But it may not be through a sale. There is a way to exit and investment without selling. Again, part of the options is to do a public offering where Nigerians can invest in some of it. The option of merging one or two of them is possible,” he had said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ikeazor-appointed-keystone-bank-md-ceo/137998/
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by OluEmmaAss: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
what's his antecedent? I hope he was not a party to the running down of bank PHB?
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by Kzinne: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wetin concern us?
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by SlyIg(f): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
Hope he won't carry some of their curses from Union bank to keystone.

1 Like

Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by zangiff(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
correct
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by slimming: 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
congrat
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by uzeba(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Na every 3 month them dey change MD!! Weti wan carry my money go there self!
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by hardbody: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
I haven't heard much about him before now. That says a lot about his antecedents. However I wish him the best in a bank that is waiting to be pushed into a hole. I will not make that move if i was in his shoe. A merger may see him thrown out again and experience has shown that at some level, getting jobs that match your last criteria aren't always easy but very possible. Congrats all the same.
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by Kingslaw(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
I don't Want to say anything. but,

They just wan bring the man down.
See how he has been making his money since 1990.now they are bringing him down here to use EFCC to run him down with time.
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by DisGuy: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kingslaw: I don't Want to say anything. but,

They just wan bring the man down.
See how he has been making his money since 1990.now they are bringing him down here to use EFCC to run him down with time.

waaaaat?

person apply for job, attend interview and you're saying they want to bring him down?

who are THEY?

in fact i'll help you this is northern agenda too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
hardbody: I haven't heard much about him before now. That says a lot about his antecedents. However I wish him the best in a bank that is waiting to be pushed into a hole. I will not make that move if i was in his shoe. A merger may see him thrown out again and experience has shown that at some level, getting jobs that match your last criteria aren't always easy but very possible. Congrats all the same.

what makes you think his next project will be another 'job'? he's 'ripe' enough to start his own international consulting or move into government
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by blank(f): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by ChyV(f): 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
SlyIg: Hope he won't carry some of their curses from Union bank to keystone.

not union bank Mr, but UBA
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by bigfat02: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
[size=15pt]not a bad idea..[/size]

Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by horlajide: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
wow! No one knows tomorrow.if to say i know i for famz the man wella.been priviledged to meet him a coupla tyms tru my boss' connection when we were to render a 'little' service to Union bank.
Anyways wish him the best.
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by Balkan(m): 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Thank God it was an international firm that did the interview. I have always known that no ethnic group can beat an Igbo man in a free and fare Nigeia. If any company wants to have quality workers, they should allow foreigners to conduct thier recruitment. Not given these Ofe nmanu company the job of recruitment.
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by agog: 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
SlyIg: Hope he won't carry some of their curses from Union bank to keystone.
Nerd, what do u mean by this ur trash. Do u know how valuable is Union bank to Nigerian economy? Do you know UBN never had any real issue other than in-house 'propaganda'rivalry back then in 2009. UBN has been recruiting hundreds of energetic and experienced hands for the past 18 months and still recruiting... Just pray u get job there and see how the bank evolve in a matter of months
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by hurricaneChris: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
Another Diamond and Fidelity banks in d making. Hahahaha.

Nwanne echefukwala umunna gi oooo
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by lateef4me(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
Sanusi,na your fault be this ohhh !
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by abdulkayus(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
Balkan: Thank God it was an international firm that did the interview. I have always known that no ethnic group can beat an Igbo man in a free and fare Nigeia. If any company wants to have quality workers, they should allow foreigners to conduct thier recruitment. Not given these Ofe nmanu company the job of recruitment.

hey dude, hav y taken ur drugs dis afternoon. I heard dat d Federal Ministry of Health warn that people havin hatred in heart are liable to die young. Idan kunne yaji, jiki ya tsira

3 Likes

Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by Meenoti: 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
agog:
Nerd, what do u mean by this ur trash. Do u know how valuable is Union bank to Nigerian economy? Do you know UBN never had any real issue other than in-house 'propaganda'rivalry back then in 2009. UBN has been recruiting hundreds of energetic and experienced hands for the past 18 months and still recruiting... Just pray u get job there and see how the bank evolve in a matter of months

Is share price manipulation not serious misgovernance ? If cbn hadnt stepped in with amcon, what would have happened ?
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Balkan: Thank God it was an international firm that did the interview. I have always known that no ethnic group can beat an Igbo man in a free and fare Nigeia. If any company wants to have quality workers, they should allow foreigners to conduct thier recruitment. Not given these Ofe nmanu company the job of recruitment.

^^^Please Balkan, give the ethnic superiority a rest.
Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by akintun: 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Thank God it was an international firm that did the interview. I have always known that no ethnic group can beat an Igbo man in a free and fare Nigeia. If any company wants to have quality workers, they should allow foreigners to conduct thier recruitment. Not given these Ofe nmanu company the job of recruitment.
D Ofe nmanu people u abused are probably d same people dat conducted d interview.

1 Like

Re: Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO by kunxle: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
CONGRATS MAN WISH TO BE MD/CEO TOO ONE DAY INSHA ALLAH

(1) (Reply)

How Long To Get Letter Confirmation From Government (Lagos state) / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Poor Salary: Unions Give Kaduna Government 21 Days Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.