Stats: 3,160,205 members, 7,842,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (22226 Views)

Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie, English Premier League Player Of The Month(September) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by knash1(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2013
justwise: He is the biggest fool ever!! West Brom will teach him a lesson if the move did not go through as it looks now. What a M0R0n!!
you a very stupid for calling him a slowpoke. go get a life. hopeless bulldog.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It was transfer deadline day and he went over there hoping if an agreement is reached between the club, he can complete his medicals and personal agreement before the window closes.

Imagine if the agreement is reached at 11:00 pm, is that the time he will start heading to Loftus road?

Please let us be more understanding than being quick to set someone on fire.

You're forgetting the important thing here. He wasnt given permission! You want to talk about being understanding? Are you serious? You do realise that if QPR had let him into the stadium, WBA could have reported QPR for tapping tra player. I think you should try again.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Don't mind them. He went hoping he could beat the deadline and people are yabbing him.

They should all play for free if they are all loyal. Hypocritical people. Balotelli has gone now it is Odemwinge they are targeting.

Haryy can still take him on loan with an option to buy him.

Balotelli / Odemwinige...clearly you know nothing about football..
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

You're forgetting the important thing here. He wasnt given permission! You want to talk about being understanding? Are you serious? You do realise that if QPR had let him into the stadium, WBA could have reported QPR for tapping tra player. I think you should try again.

The clubs reched an agreement and the window was about to close. He rushed down there nd thinking he was going to complete the deal.

At the gate he was told the deal didn't go through.

So the permission issue doesn't arise here. If he would hve waited for an official announcement before going down there, the deadline would have been over.

I don't know how else to explain it.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Keown is jealous because these players are making more pounds than he ever did. Why didn't he play for free at Arsenal.

Why is Rooney collecting so much money from Man Utd and still handed in a transfer request? Yet when his pay was increased he stayed. Please they are all hypocrites.

My friend u got it all wrong.Money is not the issue here but the manner he went about soliciting for the contract.I have been following the EPL for 14 solid years now even before it became famous in Nigeria i have never heard a player went to beg for contract just like this dude did.He gat agents and his present club to finalise things for him.Mind you he is still under a contract why should he be seen near this other club that he has no business with?Abi you don see who dey work for shell when they go stand for chevron gate dey wait make them come employ am?Stop supporting rubbish if you dont know about contract.No wonder those small boys in Premiership were mocking him on tweeter immediately after the gist went viral online yesterday.They all know is unprofessional to do such infact its an act of Illiteracy
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:55am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

Balotelli / Odemwinige...clearly you know nothing about football..

I don't get your point. Are you saying Balotelli is a better player than Osaze? Or are you saying that the press is not making a bg deal out of nothing?

Please O Ye who knows it all about football, can you make your point clear?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I don't get your point. Are you saying Balotelli is a better player than Osaze? Or are you saying that the press is not making a bg deal out of nothing?

i'm wondering why you mentioned Balo at all o..
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The clubs reched an agreement and the window was about to close. He rushed down there nd thinking he was going to complete the deal.

At the gate he was told the deal didn't go through.

So the permission issue doesn't arise here. If he would hve waited for an official announcement before going down there, the deadline would have been over.

I don't know how else to explain it.

They thought the clubs had reached a deal but they hadnt, still did he get permission from WBA? No! Think about it, why would WBA deny him permission to go to London, if they had already reached a deal? Exactly. He just acted impulsively, without actually confirming the deal. And as many have said here, he could have waited in a hotel near the ground. Many last minute deals have been done you know, Odem na child

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by dexla(f): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2013
After all the rants on here, the only question I got is......how does Osaze's decision affect ur income? U know we Nigerians are blawdy hypocrites, looking for opportunities to castigate others forgetting he's 1 of us. Imagine if Osaze was an American playing 4 a Nigerian club, U really think any wrong/right decision he makes will b wrong to them.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by justwise(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2013
k'nash:
you a very stupid for calling him a slowpoke. go get a life. hopeless bulldog.

You and Odemwinige are disgrace to human beings, both of you need brain transplant because the one you have now is useless.

His fate is in West Brom's hand now, they either fine him more wages, benched or sack him.

No matter how good you are as a footballer character matters a lot, Mario Balotelli was let go about city because of character issues.

Man U let a lot of good players leave when they started acting like prats. I hope WBA make him look like a proper fool he is.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by justwise(m): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please don't blame the press here, they are doing their job, when Peter was racially abused by Russian club fans it was the same press that made 'a big deal' out of it, they supported him. Now he is making a plonker of himself its only fair that press report it.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

First of all, Medicals has nothing to do with the FA, it is club policy.

Arteta gave Arsene Wenger a verbal assurance. The time was too narrow to conduct a medical. If a medical was done on Santos, how was he signed with a recurring injury.

Torres did a double knee surgery that was troubling his form at Liverpool. When Chelsea came for him, Liverpool held on till the end of the transfer window before he was sold. Chelsea didn't do a medical on Torres, that is why the Club doctors did not detect how bad his knees were before the club handed out 50 million pounds.

Finally, I repeat you can't use Balotelli's case because it wasn't a deadline battle.

Osaze can't follow the same path because any mistake, the window closes. It wasn't Osaze's agent's fault. It was West Brom that held a good deal for too long.

U are beginning to sound like his publicist.I dont know when you started following club soccer but let me ask you this simple question.Have you seen any player since you started following football that went to negotiate his own contract all in the bid to meet deadline?Are you also aware that agents can pen a contract for you in your absence?i.e Players in AFCON or the Contractual document sent to the player through faxing machine and after signing send it back ASAP and it wont be up to 5minutes? or Is there anything wrong if he had gone to a nearby Hotel and wait for a call?Nigerians wont seize to amase me both home and abroad.See them supporting broad daylight misbehavior.How will Nigeria be better if the masses are not different from their Leaders i.e GEJ and Reuben Abati et al?

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2013
dexla: After all the rants on here, the only question I got is......how does Osaze's decision affect ur income? U know we Nigerians are blawdy hypocrites, looking for opportunities to castigate others forgetting he's 1 of us. Imagine if Osaze was an American playing 4 a Nigerian club, U really think any wrong/right decision he makes will b wrong to them.

So we shudnt criticise his stupidity, because he be nja?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2013
chingyjant:
U are beginning to sound like his publicist.I dont know when you started following club soccer but let me ask you this simple question.Have you seen any player since you started following football that went to negotiate his own contract all in the bid to meet target?Is there anything wrong if he had gone to a nearby Hotel and wait for a call?Nigerians wont seize to amase me both home and abroad.[b]See them supporting broad daylight misbehavior.How will Nigeria be better if the masses are not different from the Leaders?[/b]

Im surprised myself oo
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by ony073: 8:32am On Feb 01, 2013
Osaze!!! I thought am gonna wake up dis morning and d guy wud av bn a Qpr playa bt to my surprise,d boy still dey Wba. Eeyah,take heart! Hope dis will nt lead to d end of ur career,he shld av seal d move 1st b4 talking anytin abt westbrom fans and management.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by justwise(m): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2013
dexla: After all the rants on here, the only question I got is......how does Osaze's decision affect ur income? U know we Nigerians are blawdy hypocrites, looking for opportunities to castigate others forgetting he's 1 of us. Imagine if Osaze was an American playing 4 a Nigerian club, U really think any wrong/right decision he makes will b wrong to them.

You are not making any sense. Who cares if he is a Nigerian or not? Have you not seen players from other countries been castigated here?

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:06am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

i'm wondering why you mentioned Balo at all o..

A lot of issues concerning Balotelli was blown out of proportion. The same thing s happenng here. Nothing much happenned but the press blew it out of proportion.

Is that why you said know nothing about football?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by koolchicco: 9:12am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

A lot of issues concerning Balotelli was blown out of proportion. The same thing s happenng here. Nothing much happenned but the press blew it out of proportion.

I'm not entirely sure the above statement is correct.

Though I like him but, He(Balo) is what he is - A Prat.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by IgweAni: 9:20am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Is that why you said know nothing about football?

Osaze is that You?
But bros u ff up o, I been think say you na correct Benin boy sef?
You don fall your hand finish for there, oya start come back for Insurance sharp sharp.

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2013
chingyjant:
U are beginning to sound like his publicist.I dont know when you started following club soccer but let me ask you this simple question.Have you seen any player since you started following football that went to negotiate his own contract all in the bid to meet deadline?Are you also aware that agents can pen a contract for you in your absence?i.e Players in AFCON or the Contractual document sent to the player through faxing machine and after signing send it back ASAP and it wont be up to 5minutes? or Is there anything wrong if he had gone to a nearby Hotel and wait for a call?Nigerians wont seize to amase me both home and abroad.See them supporting broad daylight misbehavior.How will Nigeria be better if the masses are not different from their Leaders i.e GEJ and Reuben Abati et al?

Please I would like to know wht is so supid and bad with what happened wth Osaze.

The two clubs reached an agreement.

His agent said that he should get down to QPR and sign his papers before the transfer window closes.

On arrival, a journalist interviewed him and he answered as someone newly signed to QPR.

When he wanted to go in to sign his papers, the security didn't let him in.

He called and confirmed no deal and drove off.

I wonder were you people got the going to negotiate for himself or beg QPR to sign him.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by IdiAmin2(m): 9:22am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It was transfer deadline day and he went over there hoping if an agreement is reached between the club, he can complete his medicals and personal agreement before the window closes.

Imagine if the agreement is reached at 11:00 pm, is that the time he will start heading to Loftus road?

Please let us be more understanding than being quick to set someone on fire.

I understand what u saying, that is why someone wrote earlier that he should have checked into a nearby hotel, let QPR know that he is in a hotel, so that whne a deal is struck he can just go quickly there to complete the formalities. He cannot just go into front of live skysports camera talking sh*it. He is thinking if Westbrom see him in QPR and see his interview, then they will give up hope and just agree the fee quickly with QPR. But it backfired and he is a laughing stock
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
IgweAni:

Osaze is that You?
But bros u ff up o, I been think say you na correct Benin boy sef?
You don fall your hand finish for there, oya start come back for Insurance sharp sharp.

Osaze just lost the chance to make 17.5 million naira week and you think he will hve time for nairaland.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by IgweAni: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please I would like to know wht is so supid and bad with what happened wth Osaze.

His agent said that he should get down to QPR and sign his papers before the transfer window closes.

On arrival, a journalist interviewed him and he answered as someone newly signed to QPR.

I wonder were you people got the going to negotiate for himself or beg QPR to sign him.

Bros, quit this your display of moronic ignorance already!
Where have you ever seen a player drive to a club to get signed even when his club have not given him all clear?

Just name a player that ever did that or forever remain silent.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Idi-Amin:

I understand what u saying, that is why someone wrote earlier that he should have checked into a nearby hotel, let QPR know that he is in a hotel, so that whne a deal is struck he can just go quickly there to complete the formalities. He cannot just go into front of live skysports camera talking sh*it. He is thinking if Westbrom see him in QPR and see his interview, then they will give up hope and just agree the fee quickly with QPR. But it backfired and he is a laughing stock

I understand but as Harry Redknapp made us understand, he was told an agreement was reached.

He wasn't going there to wat for the agreement. He ws gong to sign hs papers but Hoilett but Hoilett refused to sign.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by waja(m): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2013
Scarpon: osaze or Peter which one
. Paul.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I think you are trying to underplay this (unprecedented) incident simply because, dunno, "he is our son".

Well, that's the perogative of you and your blue ink but the timeline of his actions speak for itself. Many players try to engineer a move to another club for various reasons, including money. The only difference here are actions which can be held directly at his door.

First of all, the ill-advised and vociferous lashing out on twitter, at each and everybody whose support he might have had in the past and could posibly need in the future. What's the point of that? Same as he did with the National team - it is the height of arrogance to walk through life burning your bridges. Maybe that's where his problem lie, a psychological one of arrrogance and self-conceit.

He shows up at another club without a definite release from his previous club. Now, at this particular club, QPR, the media are camped out there because they know it is likely to be the busiest club on the last day of the transfer window, and the Manager has the reputation as a wheeler-dealer. When he's not let in, the story falls into their laps, they don't have to do anything!!

He has behaved so badly he is now a laughing stock everywhere, just listen to all the media stations trending, even Kids TV. That should not be a Nigerian vs Foreigner thing either. I only feel ashamed for him.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2013
IgweAni:

Bros, quit this your display of moronic ignorance already!
Where have you ever seen a player drive to a club to get signed even when his club have not given him all clear?

Just name a player that ever did that or forever remain silent.

As I said before the transfer window was closing so he hd to head there fast. It is not the same. He had to use hs intution.

He was going to sign his contract but on the other side Hoilett refused. Someone who is displaying his brilliance the way you are should understand this.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Reference(m): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can you reach an agreement and then unreach an agreement. It doesn't make sense. I think we confuse the way we do things in Africa with the way things happen in saner climes. There a contractual agreement that will permit the physical relocation of an asset is only deemed to be in force when both parties append a white paper. That is the document Osas will have presented at the QPR gate. At least a faxed or mailed copy.

Look, if you must earn 30, 40 or 50,000 pounds a week at least try to read a bit. All the time he spends twitting (permit me) and slagging his (enemies) could have been better expended reading articles and write-ups to arm him for what turned out to be a highly contentious battle.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by opeoluwa2(f): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2013
People are funny,how can Nlanders bash their own country man just bcs the guy spoke the truth abt keshi?
And now pple are happy cos he got embarrased due to some misunderstanding between WB and QPR.
I blame osaze for ever associating himself with Nigeria.he had opportunity to play for his mothers country but he insisted he was coming to Nigeria.
And the best we always do is to ridicule pple on Nland.
Pple have turned Nland to a forum of hates and castigation.
Most of your have nothing to show as an achievement,but quick to talk down on pple.
TALKING DOWN ON PPLE IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF A SMALL MIND.

I'm not happy for your mistakes osaze,
I pray you find your footing very soon.
All the best

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Reference:

How can you reach an agreement and then unreach an agreement. It doesn't make sense. I think we confuse the way we do things in Africa with the way things happen in saner climes. There a contractual agreement that will permit the physical relocation of an asset is only deemed to be in force when both parties append a white paper. That is the document Osas will have presented at the QPR gate. At least a faxed or mailed copy.

Look, if you must earn 30, 40 or 50,000 pounds a week at least try to read a bit. All the time he spends twitting (permit me) and slagging his (enemies) could have been better expended reading articles and write-ups to arm him for what turned out to be a highly contentious battle.

Harry Redknapp confirmed there was a mix up. He offered West Brom 3 Million pounds plus Hoilett and West Brom officials accepted. Osaze's agent told Osaze to head down there and sign. By the time he reached there, Hoilett had refused to sign and the deal collapsed.

Then Osaze drove away. So what is the problem.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by aribisala0(m): 10:03am On Feb 01, 2013
tchaik:

What's disgraceful there?
Osas didn't go to England to look Uche face, or to pick beans; he went there cos of the money bro

Former England defender Martin Keown on the Peter Odemwingie saga: "It stinks of a poor education - Odemwingie should have behaved better. He's a good player but can be replaced by West Brom. It's clear the move is all about the money for Odemwingie."

I guess Samba went to #QPR cos he wants to win #UCL abi? Eto'o went to Anzhi cos he wants to win #Europa Cup?

Let's cut the whole bullsh1t for once; it is, it has been, and will always be about the Money! (Unless you are Gerard/Casillas)!

@Osas, bross no mind them jare, make as much as you can before ages catches up with you! Qatr and China still dey self! Mtchewwwwwwww
Of course it is about money we all know that so you are not saying anything new. But clearly QPR DO NOT HAVE MONEY and have made Osaze look stupid. They can't pay £4 million for him Like a man who wins the lottery and slaps his boss only to find out he didn't actually win and has to go back to that same boss.That is the issue here.Osaze is entitled to look for more money. He won't be the first and won't be the last, If you must move OK but you must still respect people. Just like Players coaches move too and you might still end up under thhe same coach in another club or have your move stopped by that person at another club. Is Ronaldo not working under Mourinho or Van Persie Ferguson? Why did Ferguson reject Adebayor? .Osaze's tweets about West Brom fans and previously about Keshi were disgraceful.He is beginning to believe he is a lot more than he really is. He should look at Adebayor and learn. When you live in a society you must learn their rules of behaviour. .Was all the noise and disrespect for West Brom necessary? Funny how we have not heard a cough from Tevez this season.
Osaze turning up at QPR is like a woman appearing at her husbands house while her father is still breaking kola with the in-laws. She should pretend a bit naa

Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal Europa League ( 0 - 4) On 15th April 2021 / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Liverpool Vs Leicester City (3 - 0) On 22nd November 2020

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86