Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (22223 Views)

Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie, English Premier League Player Of The Month(September) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Harry Redknapp confirmed there was a mix up. He offered West Brom 3 Million pounds plus Hoilett and West Brom officials accepted. Osaze's agent told Osaze to head down there and sign. By the time he reached there, Hoilett had refused to sign and the deal collapsed.

Then Osaze drove away. So what is the problem.

You keep repeating this hoping in the end it will be true.

The clubs never agreed anything before Odemwingie drove off to London. This is from the West Brom official website, see for yourself ...

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/no-deadline-day-move-for-peter-632183.aspx

ALBION can confirm that no agreement was reached with QPR over the transfer of Peter Odemwingie before the closure of the January window and that the striker remains under contract at The Hawthorns.

The Club were extremely disappointed to witness TV footage of Odemwingie arriving at Loftus Road on Thursday evening despite further talks between the two Barclays Premier League sides proving fruitless. Odemwingie was also never given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: “This evening’s developments have brought a conclusion to what has been an unsavoury affair.

“As our Sporting & Technical Director (designate) Richard Garlick has repeatedly said in recent days, we had no need or desire to sell our core players.

“The only way we would have considered letting Peter leave was if an acceptable offer was forthcoming and if we had found a suitable replacement at relatively short notice.

“Neither materialised and, in the end, the matter became a point of principle as much as anything.

Peter has acted wholly unprofessionally. He must now accept the fact he remains under contract for a further 18 months and has to focus on his Albion commitments.”
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2013
aribisala0:
Of course it is about money we all know that so you are not saying anything new. But clearly QPR DO NOT HAVE MONEY and have made Osaze look stupid. They can't pay £4 million for him Like a man who wins the lottery and slaps his boss only to find out he didn't actually win and has to go back to that same boss.That is the issue here.Osaze is entitled to look for more money. He won't be the first and won't be the last, If you must move OK but you must still respect people. Just like Players coaches move too and you might still end up under thhe same coach in another club or have your move stopped by that person at another club. Is Ronaldo not working under Mourinho or Van Persie Ferguson? Why did Ferguson reject Adebayor? .Osaze's tweets about West Brom fans and previously about Keshi were disgraceful.He is beginning to believe he is a lot more than he really is. He should look at Adebayor and learn. When you live in a society you must learn their rules of behaviour. .Was all the noise and disrespect for West Brom necessary? Funny how we have not heard a cough from Tevez this season.
Osaze turning up at QPR is like a woman appearing at her husbands house while her father is still breaking kola with the in-laws. She should pretend a bit naa

Osaze never blasted the Albion fans, the press just twisted what he said. Here is the tweet. I left out the first part because it could easily look as if he was attacking the fans.

"Want to know why I wanted to quit top flight football last summer earlier than I wished to? They know at the club.
“Albion fans are not the only reason, but made it easier for me to decide to stay and try my best to forget about the disappointment.
“I succeeded in doing that. But it’s not getting better. Before bigger disappointment comes one day, I better leave on a good note.”

Don't mind the English media, they are just making him look bad.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by aribisala0(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Harry Redknapp confirmed there was a mix up. He offered West Brom 3 Million pounds plus Hoilett and West Brom officials accepted. Osaze's agent told Osaze to head down there and sign. By the time he reached there, Hoilett had refused to sign and the deal collapsed.

Then Osaze drove away. So what is the problem.
Absolute bunkum and face saving lie. Only THE CLUB and NOT the Agent can authorize a player to talk to another club. Clearly Osaze has been badly advised by his agent and should sack him. West brom will probably fine him for going there. Osaze is a PROFESSIONAL so he ought to know all this. We have all followed football for a while.Has anyone heard this kind of yarn before??
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by manuch(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2013
he shouldn't have talked to the press at the qpr gate he should have just kept mute.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by onatisi(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2013
so far one fact remains clear , the agreement wasnt settled by the time osaze drove to and arrived at qpr gate , and i think what osaze should have done was to keep out of press view and not talk to the press, he needs to control his outbursts,he should have been in constant touch with his agent that wold have saved him all this embarrassment, and when he even got there he should verified from his agent whether everything had been settled .i guess he feels he is under paid and that moving to another club will enhance his Career,in football transfer never show too much desperation even if you are desperate .
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2013
JNdupu:

You keep repeating this hoping in the end it will be true.

The clubs never agreed anything before Odemwingie drove off to London. This is from the West Brom official website, see for yourself ...

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/no-deadline-day-move-for-peter-632183.aspx

ALBION can confirm that no agreement was reached with QPR over the transfer of Peter Odemwingie before the closure of the January window and that the striker remains under contract at The Hawthorns.

The Club were extremely disappointed to witness TV footage of Odemwingie arriving at Loftus Road on Thursday evening despite further talks between the two Barclays Premier League sides proving fruitless. Odemwingie was also never given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: “This evening’s developments have brought a conclusion to what has been an unsavoury affair.

“As our Sporting & Technical Director (designate) Richard Garlick has repeatedly said in recent days, we had no need or desire to sell our core players.

“The only way we would have considered letting Peter leave was if an acceptable offer was forthcoming and if we had found a suitable replacement at relatively short notice.

“Neither materialised and, in the end, the matter became a point of principle as much as anything.

Peter has acted wholly unprofessionally. He must now accept the fact he remains under contract for a further 18 months and has to focus on his Albion commitments.”

The executive was reacting to the news that came out. Then Harry Redknapp came and cleared it up that it did not go down as the media made it.

The agreement was made but because Hoilett didn't agree to sign, Odemwingie was refused entry. The bolded is what the English media used to sell papers. They can't just narrate the full story.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2013
onatisi: so far one fact remains clear , the agreement wasnt settled by the time osaze drove to and arrived at qpr gate , and i think what osaze should have done was to keep out of press view and not talk to the press, he needs to control his outbursts,he should have been in constant touch with his agent that wold have saved him all this embarrassment, and when he even got there he should verified from his agent whether everything had been settled

He was driving a long journey and maybe turned off his cell. I think that was why he wasn't informed that the deal had collapsed by Hoilett not signing.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by aribisala0(m): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Osaze never blasted the Albion fans, the press just twisted what he said. Here is the tweet. I left out the first part because it could easily look as if he was attacking the fans.

"Want to know why I wanted to quit top flight football last summer earlier than I wished to? They know at the club.
“Albion fans are not the only reason, but made it easier for me to decide to stay and try my best to forget about the disappointment.
“I succeeded in doing that. But it’s not getting better. Before bigger disappointment comes one day, I better leave on a good note.”

Guy I live in England and can read and make my own interpretations.It would have been good if Osaze was paying you for this. Did the English media make him attack Keshi too. Did the English media make Yobo chide him. Who has come out in his defence so far.The truth is he has an attitude problem and Keown is right "bad education" and I mean football education.

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:20am On Feb 01, 2013
aribisala0:
Absolute bunkum and face saving lie. Only THE CLUB and NOT the Agent can authorize a player to talk to another club. Clearly Osaze has been badly advised by his agent and should sack him. West brom will probably fine him for going there. Osaze is a PROFESSIONAL so he ought to know all this. We have all followed football for a while.Has anyone heard this kind of yarn before??

Why would Osaze drve a long journey to engineer a move when Harry Redknpp was t West Brom. Please it is just the press blowing it out of proportion. He granted the interview not knowing Hoilett refused to sign.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

A lot of issues concerning Balotelli was blown out of proportion. The same thing s happenng here. Nothing much happenned but the press blew it out of proportion.

Is that why you said know nothing about football?

Im still confused, what does Balo have to do with this?

What did he do that is comparative to what Odem did yesterday?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2013
aribisala0: Guy I live in England and can read and make my own interpretations.It would have been good if Osaze was paying you for this. Did the English media make him attack Keshi too. Did the English media make Yobo chide him. Who has come out in his defence so far.The truth is he has an attitude problem and Keown is right "bad education" and I mean football education.

Please show me from his tweets were he attacked the West Brom fans. Hence you live in England and can read.

The only part that had a problem was were he said, Cos they doubted me and he didn't highlight who he was talking to. Later he sid he stayed at West Brom because of the fans. Does that sound as someone blsting his fans?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by aribisala0(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please show me from his tweets were he attacked the West Brom fans. Hence you live in England and can read.

The only part that had a problem was were he said, Cos they doubted me and he didn't highlight who he was talking to. Later he sid he stayed at West Brom because of the fans. Does that sound as someone blsting his fans?
Don't you have a job?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:26am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please I would like to know wht is so supid and bad with what happened wth Osaze.

The two clubs reached an agreement.

His agent said that he should get down to QPR and sign his papers before the transfer window closes.

On arrival, a journalist interviewed him and he answered as someone newly signed to QPR.

When he wanted to go in to sign his papers, the security didn't let him in.

He called and confirmed no deal and drove off.

I wonder were you people got the going to negotiate for himself or beg QPR to sign him.

I dont think you get it. The clubs hadn't reached an agreement! WBA hadn't given him permission to talk to QPR. I don tire oo
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

Im still confused, what does Balo have to do with this?

What did he do that is comparative to what Odem did yesterday?

A lot of things that happened with Balo s blown out of proportion while in Englnd. For instance the press made it look as if he fought with Mancini whle Mancini was angry at the way he tackled Sinclar and pulled him out of the pitch.

That is the same way the media s blowing Osaze's tweet and his arrving at QPR park out of proportion.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 10:29am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

My guy, you are revealing yourself as jut a PR tool, I thought I was having a debate with someone serious. Why provide an edited version of the tweet? This is what he actually tweeted (I've added bits of what you left out) ...

Odemwingie tweeted on Saturday: "I can understand the reaction of few Albion fans on my desire to leave the club. Real reason? Cos they once doubted my commitment.

"Albion fans are not the only reason, but made it easier for me to decide to stay and try my best to forget about the disappointment.

"I succeeded in doing that. But it's not getting better. Before bigger disappointment comes one day, I better leave on a good note.

"Best compliment I have ever received in my (career) as a player, manager like HR spending to bring me for mission 'impossible'."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/odemwingie-in-trouble-over-tweets-16266793.html
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by texazzpete(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I truly hope Osaze is paying you well for this defense of the inexcusable.
Some of your arguments are so bereft of logic and common sense that it'd be tragic if you're doing this for free.

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

I dont think you get it. The clubs hadn't reached an agreement! WBA hadn't given him permission to talk to QPR. I don tire oo

He didn't go to talk to them. He thought a deal was reached because West Brom officials accepted the money plus Hoilett. On reaching there he found out that the deal didn't go through. By then he has already done the interview.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

A lot of things that happened with Balo s blown out of proportion while in Englnd. For instance the press made it look as if he fought with Mancini whle Mancini was angry at the way he tackled Sinclar and pulled him out of the pitch.

That is the same way the media s blowing Osaze's tweet and his arrving at QPR park out of proportion.

You mean when Odem basically said that he'd been trying to leave the club for 2 years and he attacked the fans, the management etc..? He was advised (by his agent I presume) to cool off on Twitter and he said he does what he wants. Heck even 'Arry said that it had got a bit too public, and he still didnt get d message. Guy na child oo
I dont think his arriving at OPR was blown out of proportion. But we'll have to agree to disagree.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2013
texazzpete:

I truly hope Osaze is paying you well for this defense of the inexcusable.
Some of your arguments are so bereft of logic and common sense that it'd be tragic if you're doing this for free.

With your high classed logic show me the tweet he blasted West Brom fans.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:35am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

He didn't go to talk to them. He thought a deal was reached because West Brom officials accepted the money plus Hoilett. On reaching there he found out that the deal didn't go through. By then he has already done the interview.

It doesnt matter what he thought. He shoulda confirmed to make sure so that he dont look like a fool. He coulda spoken to his agent/people at WBA. He probably heard over 5live that this COULD happen and just drove off. Again, he could have just stayed in a hotel and wait for confirmation but he didnt and acted foolishly.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 10:35am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

With your high classed logic show me the tweet he blasted West Brom fans.

See above. Why did you provide an abridged quote of his tweet?

The general interpretation was he was having a blast at the fans for which he apologized and delete the tweets.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I will nominate you to GEJ to replace Reuben Abati no mockery meant.I believe you want West Brom Officials to personally brief you on what happened.Somebody placed a link to what the club Officials said you are still there acting Labaran Maku for Osaze.I heard this shameful news in faraway US that is not even a Soccer country talkless of EPL followership.Go search for what Chamberlain of Arsenal and some other players in EPL said about Osaze who is suppose to be like a big brother to these kids.SMH for you bro
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:39am On Feb 01, 2013
opeoluwa2: People are funny,h[b]ow can Nlanders bash their own country man[/b] just bcs the guy spoke the truth abt keshi?
And now pple are happy cos he got embarrased due to some misunderstanding between WB and QPR.
I blame osaze for ever associating himself with Nigeria.he had opportunity to play for his mothers country but he insisted he was coming to Nigeria.
And the best we always do is to ridicule pple on Nland.
Pple have turned Nland to a forum of hates and castigation.
Most of your have nothing to show as an achievement,but quick to talk down on pple.
TALKING DOWN ON PPLE IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF A SMALL MIND.

I'm not happy for your mistakes osaze,
I pray you find your footing very soon.
All the best

I see, so it doesnt matter what a fellow country man does, so long as he is a fellow country man then we shouldnt be able to criticise him. Are you a touch not my anointed Christian btw?

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 10:40am On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

I see, so it doesnt matter what a fellow country man does, so long as he is a fellow country man then we shouldnt be able to criticise him. Are you a touch not my anointed Christian btw?

"Touch not my fine boy" more like, one suspects

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 10:43am On Feb 01, 2013
onatisi: so far one fact remains clear , the agreement wasnt settled by the time osaze drove to and arrived at qpr gate , and i think what osaze should have done was to keep out of press view and not talk to the press, he needs to control his outbursts,he should have been in constant touch with his agent that wold have saved him all this embarrassment, and when he even got there he should verified from his agent whether everything had been settled .i guess he feels he is under paid and that moving to another club will enhance his Career,in football transfer never show too much desperation even if you are desperate .

Yes! He was advised to control Twitter and he said he wouldnt do it because he can do what he wants
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2013
JNdupu:

My guy, you are revealing yourself as jut a PR tool, I thought I was having a debate with someone serious. Why provide an edited version of the tweet? This is what he actually tweeted (I've added bits of what you left out) ...

Odemwingie tweeted on Saturday: "I can understand the reaction of few Albion fans on my desire to leave the club. Real reason? Cos they once doubted my commitment.

"Albion fans are not the only reason, but made it easier for me to decide to stay and try my best to forget about the disappointment.

"I succeeded in doing that. But it's not getting better. Before bigger disappointment comes one day, I better leave on a good note.

"Best compliment I have ever received in my (career) as a player, manager like HR spending to bring me for mission 'impossible'."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/odemwingie-in-trouble-over-tweets-16266793.html

That is why I said the press blew it out of proportion.

The explantion of the tweet above from my understanding is:

The West Brom fans wants to know why I want to leave West Brom because the club officials doubted me (by refusing to improve his pay).

That is why he went on to say that the West Brom fans made him stay.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:48am On Feb 01, 2013
chingyjant:
I will nominate you to GEJ to replace Reuben Abati no mockery meant.I believe you want West Brom Officials to personally brief you on what happened.Somebody placed a link to what the club Officials said you are still there acting Labaran Maku for Osaze.I heard this shameful news in faraway US that is not even a Soccer country talkless of EPL followership.Go search for what Chamberlain of Arsenal and some other players in EPL said about Osaze who is suppose to be like a big brother to these kids.SMH for you bro

I followed the news from the interview to the Official's statement to Harry's own. Harry explained the mix up.

Bad news travels that is why it came out the way it did.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2013
opeoluwa2: People are funny,how can Nlanders bash their own country man just bcs the guy spoke the truth abt keshi?
And now pple are happy cos he got embarrased due to some misunderstanding between WB and QPR.
I blame osaze for ever associating himself with Nigeria.he had opportunity to play for his mothers country but he insisted he was coming to Nigeria.
And the best we always do is to ridicule pple on Nland.
Pple have turned Nland to a forum of hates and castigation.
Most of your have nothing to show as an achievement,but quick to talk down on pple.
TALKING DOWN ON PPLE IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF A SMALL MIND.

I'm not happy for your mistakes osaze,
I pray you find your footing very soon.
All the best
My friend go seat down in the kitchen where you belong did you see your mates here?Can you imagine the insolence?Women talking where men are talking.Africa is gradually derailing from her core values
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 10:53am On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That is why I said the press blew it out of proportion.

The explantion of the tweet above from my understanding is:

The West Brom fans wants to know why I want to leave West Brom because the club officials doubted me (by refusing to improve his pay).

That is why he went on to say that the West Brom fans made him stay.

No, the general interpretation was that he meant the fans once doubted his commitment. A lot of fans got angry especially on the bulletin boards which I visit. They were especially shocked because they went ot of their way to make him feel welcome him after his ordeal leaving Russia.

He later apologized (not clarify the tweets, mind) and deleted the tweets.

On the same bulletin boards, fans have turned against him, entirely due to his own actions.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 01, 2013
Peter Odemwingie has become the first
player in the history of football to tap himself
up. Mug.

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by MAITEMA(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2013
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/8459671/Transfer-news-West-Brom-have-accused-Peter-Odemwingie-of-acting-wholly-unprofessionally

I don’t get it. Why is Odemwinge so eager to leave a team that has the potential of going to Europe for a team that will most likely be relegated?

Maybe this botched transfer was the last opportunity for a big pay day in football for him. He's 31 now and by the time his present Albion contract runs out, he will be 33.
Unfortunately for him he was born in Uzbekistan and can’t hide his real age. If he was born in Nigeria, his football age would be 25 presently.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by dabossman(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
When some of us who truly like Osaze as a player and a Nigerian were trying to ask him to take caution and show some humility, some mo.rons on this forum said we should mind our business, he is making his money, blah,blah, blah...

Now he has become the laughing stock in England. Even small boys like Oxlade Chamberlain are taking cheap shots at him, and people like Keown are calling him uneducated. Imagine a player of his stature trying to gate-crash his way into a team fighting relegation when players like West Ham's Diame are being courted by Arsenal.

He fought against Siasia and got frozen out, fought against Keshi and got frozen out, now he is fighting against West Brom, and God help him if they relegate him to the reserves team and force him to see out his contract. In a year or two people will be asking "Peter Odem.. who?", and these same sycophants that are urging him on now will open their mouths and say we don't need Osaze in the Eagles anymore because he is a spent force.

Someone had better talk some sense into him. The English are not very forgiving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Rangers Vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 7) On 12th October 2022 / Wolves Vs Manchester City (1 - 5) On 11th May 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.