Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! (1477 Views)

"Muslim Women Must Learn English Or Be Deported" - British PM. / Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / President Barack Obama Arrives Ethiopia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Krucifax(m): 12:06am On Feb 01, 2013
You would have thought your nephew being the most powerful man in the world, would afford you a few perks. Apparently not,full story below.

Onyango Obama, the uncle of US president Barack Obama, will learn if he is to be deported from the US to Kenya at a hearing scheduled for Dec 3.
Mr Obama, 68, is the half-brother of the president's late father. He has lived in the US illegally since arriving from Kenya as a teenager for school.

The date of the hearing was announced on Wednesday.

His status emerged after his 2011 drunken driving arrest in Framingham, Massachusetts.

When he was arrested, he told police he would “call the White House”, before being charged with drink-driving.

A judge continued that case for a year without a finding after Mr Obama acknowledged prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him.
When he was arrested a spokesman for the president said he was not aware he was in the US illegally and would not intervene on his behalf.

Onyango Obama's lawyer, Scott Bratton, said he hoped the hearing would allow his client to remain in the US. "Everybody wants to stay in America," he said.

He is the brother of the president's aunt, Zeituni Onyango, an illegal migrant who won the right to stay in the US.

Referred to as "Uncle Omar" in the president's memoir 'Dreams From My Father', he was said to have "left for America 25 years ago and had never come back".

He and Zeituni are children of the president's grandfather Hussein Onyango Obama's third wife, Sarah. The president's father, Barack Senior, was born to his grandfather's second wife, Akumu, but was largely raised by Sarah.

Source http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9838625/Barack-Obamas-uncle-to-face-deportation-hearing.html

Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Pizzanatty(m): 12:31am On Feb 01, 2013
America is nt nigeria,hence No one is above d law....if obama cant help,den he should order 4 a warm reception 2 welcm his Uncle back home in Kenya...

Wht hv said may nt make any sense,bt just dt front page and first 2 comment tyns on my mind...cos nah new month...

Well...i will come back 2 comment cos all ds american story dey easily make front page...and am sure ds one will...

Happy new month all u ppl...
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Royalty1(m): 1:01am On Feb 01, 2013
@Op, the hearing was shceduled for Dec 3. Today is Feb 1st.
What happened?
Abeg find out and let us know how Uncle Omar is faring.

Happy New Month people.
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Willy7(m): 1:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Na wa o,despite the donkey years d guy has spent in the US he still look like this?Why is he running from his village?Him kill person?Now he wants to bring obama leg outside.Anyway wetin concern me sef.Na dem know o
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by obi4eze(m): 1:50am On Feb 01, 2013
I don't think this can happen in a country that has no respect for the rule of law.
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 01, 2013
Pizzanatty: America is nt nigeria,hence No one is above d law....

Your naivety stinks. Many many people are above the law in the USA. From bankers to politicians, and from industrialists to CEOs, intelligence agents/officers and military personnel.
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Nobody: 3:04am On Feb 01, 2013
Does he think America is like lawless Africa where nepotism is practiced in its judiciary system? angry

Oya back to Kenya.

Stop trying to mess up my President's reputation jor embarassed

1 Like

Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Willy7: [size=28pt]Na wa o,despite the donkey years d guy has spent in the US he still look like this?[/size] Why is he running from his village?Him kill person?Now he wants to bring obama leg outside.Anyway wetin concern me sef.Na dem know o

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin

What's he supposed to look like?

BTW, I see no resemblance between Obama and his Uncle tongue
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by TableLeg(m): 3:06am On Feb 01, 2013
I will gladly contribute towards buying Uncle Obama a flight ticket back home!
#KenyaMustGo
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 01, 2013
[size=28pt]When he was arrested, he told police he would “call the White House”, before being charged with drink-driving.[/size]

ROTFLMAO!!!

This one don miss road grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Princess1982(f): 3:55am On Feb 01, 2013
Had he not broke the law then his nephew might have helped him stay. The US is cracking down big time on drunk drivers.
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Charlesnerd: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2013
"I will call the white house"...Africans sha...same mentality.Little wonder ignorant oyibos think africa is a country instead of a continent.
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by Krucifax(m): 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
Willy7: Na wa o,despite the donkey years d guy has spent in the US he still look like this?Why is he running from his village?Him kill person?Now he wants to bring obama leg outside.Anyway wetin concern me sef.Na dem know o

Guess if one was born not too pretty location doesn't help much grin grin grin
Re: US President Barack Obama's Uncle To Be Deported To Kenya!!! by panafrican(m): 4:21am On Feb 02, 2013
grin
This is not President Obama's fault. The old man was leaving illegally in the US long before Obama became president in 2008.
Mr.Onyango should sue the US government and sue the police department of the city where he was arrested. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Gambia's Foreign Minister, Resigns And Fled The Country (PIC) / ENEMY WITHIN- Some Russians Disguised In Ukrainian Uniforms And Trucks Shot Dead / F-35 Has Crashed At Hill Air Force Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.