Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. (8422 Views)

Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age?? / Appeal Court To Determine Rev.kings Fate Today. / Sleep Position Can Determine Your Personality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Kcxee(m): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2013
The Court of Appeal in Lagos will Friday (today) decide whether or not to quash the death sentence passed on the General-Overseer of the Christian Praying Assembly, Chukwuemeka Ezeugo (aka Rev. King), by a Lagos High Court, Ikeja on January 11, 2007.

The appellate court headed by Justice Amina Augie on November 5, 2012 had heard arguments of parties on the appeal filed by Ezeugo, through his counsel, Mr. Olalekan Ojo.

Ojo had argued that the lower court judge, Justice Joseph Oyewole, who handed down the death sentence, erred in law in many respects.

But the prosecution, represented by the Lagos State Solicitor-General, Mr. Lawal Pedro, (SAN), urged the court to uphold Oyewole’s judgment.

“We urge your Lordships to dismiss this appeal,” Pedro said.

Oyewole had convicted Ezeugo and sentenced him to death by hanging for the alleged murder of a church member, Ann Uzoh.

The cleric was on September 26, 2006, first arraigned on six counts of attempted murder.

The prosecution had said Ezeugo poured petrol on the deceased and five others and set them on fire thereafter.

Uzoh died on August 2, 2006, 11 days after the incident, because of the injuries sustained from the incident.

However, Ojo, in his notice of appeal filed on January 16, 2007, raised 16 grounds of appeal against the judgment.

On June 10, 2008, the appellate court granted him leave to argue additional grounds through an amended notice of appeal filed on June 15, 2008.

At the hearing of the appeal, Ojo, who said Ezeugo did not commit the crime and was not at the scene, noted that Uzoh in two statements before her death had said she sustained the injuries in a generator accident.

He added that Uzoh exonerated Ezeugo in the statements, claiming that the latter was not responsible for her injuries.

Ojo further said there was a third statement in which the deceased was said to have claimed the appellant was the one who ordered petrol to be poured on her, thereby contradicting the first two statements.

Source: Punch
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Mcdondayan: 7:15am On Feb 01, 2013
OMG, WTF is this man still alive? I know he will be released soon and maybe asked to pay 750k. SMH for this nation.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by momodub: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2013
na waaa oooo lipsrsealed
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Libkid(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2013
Dis man need to be sentenced to death by hanging or firing squad any oda judgement outside this gat some ojoro!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2013
The same mercy he showed on others should be showed on him. Its as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by tellwisdom: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Remove his tooth Jaw angry angry
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by koolchicco: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2013
inurmind: The same mercy he showed to others should be showed to him. Its as simple as that.

Amen!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Teejayphillip(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2013
our many years case now? I thot he's bin sentenced already....

Nawah 4 our judiciary form of activities oo....

Letz c wat goes next,nah adjournment go follow am again
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by ezedolar: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
God have mercy
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Ebestsmscom: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
Poor man don suffer for this country.

So this man is still alive.
Our judiciary is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
So dis case is still in court shocked?
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Redmosquito(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2013
[b]THis mudafuka should be made to die! I know humans have no right to kill but this dude should die! angry angry angry
I had neighbors, back then, I had two neighbors in our house, fellow tenants, they literally worshipped this dude. One had a bus, he decorated it with this man's face all over it

Rev King, his eminence, his all powerful, doctor, high lawyer, nurse and shit like that

He brainwashed them niggas, I saw their lifestyle, I was witnessing how they got turned into mumus.
THose guys were turned to his vegetables.

It was after he was arrested, it was then that his brainwashing ended. And their eyes were opened. THey began to confess all the stuff the man did.
Can you imagine? A human bowing to another human, because he calls himself a pastor
If rev King points at you and says your mother is a witch then she is so. And if he says "drag your wife into my quarters for anointing" then you must.
And blood will always be mopped out of his office, after he has beaten hemoglobin demons out of you.

One of those ladies was on her way to his house, she too was going to receive his "blessings", it was there she heard that "his eminence" has bathed his "knights or watever they called them" with fuel and he had fried them with the power the anointing, out of anger. Sounds like something a man of gods would do!

Pitiful! Just pitiful! When humans shall be blinded by their own kind! [/b] undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by ceejay80s(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2013
Dem kill, dem no kill am, no concern me! I no dey go him church

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Intrepid1(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2013
They should lock him in an airtight room and torment him with Tonto Dike and Vic-O songs till he dies of asphyxiation!

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Burger01(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2013
This wicked reverend still dey alive? I beg sentence him to death by hanging for the alleged murder of a church member..

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by uzeba(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2013
Na this kind people dey spoil the name of christian pastor's in nigeria!! Dis man is a native doctor not a pastor!! They should just silent his case!!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by LagosBoi2(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2013
Rev. king...na only God knw the truth.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by kalunomics(m): 10:01am On Feb 01, 2013
how was he involved in the incident in the first place. I need the full gist.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by mysticgal(f): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2013
after how many years.our judiciary really need to sit up.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by kalunomics(m): 10:03am On Feb 01, 2013
uzeba: .
WTF is this?
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by sweetmimi(f): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2013
i think say ds man don die. why all these long years of arguement.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by DJDOLA(m): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2013
They should just merc For d dis. Pastor beside poeple still atend is church...
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by condralbede(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2013
Why dem nver kill am since?i knw dey r stil goin 2 release him and he wil continue whr he stopped,mayb by den nah patience jonathan he go pour acid.nah den dey wil take him serious.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by imperiouxx(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Rev. King

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by RevOfiaeli: 10:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Lets wait and see what the judge will do today,whether she will give Ezeugo option of fine or not. And i advise that justice should be let to take place or else nemesies follow. To the judge,'Judge righteously and God will bless U'. The convict is evil and we have his kind today in our country. Their sins shall find them out some day. Yesterday we read in Nairaland of another so-called Pastor who threatened to kill his church accountant with gun because of church money. Wolves in cheep clothings.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by NET1(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2013
Honestly, I thought this man had been killed since. What are they waiting for?

.NET
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by uzeba(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2013
kalunomics: WTF is this?
u are to fast to see people fault!! U should have waited to see wat i want to type!!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Tolexander: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2013
so this man still feels he is innocent, cos a suspect is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law!
I think the best thing for our judicial system is to transfer every case to the foreign court like James Onanefe Ibori in English court, Henry Okah's case in South African court.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Sweetapple007(f): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2013
This one na story
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Intrepid!:
They should lock him in an airtight room and torment him with Tonto Dike and Vic-O songs till he dies of asphyxiation!

I'll pick Tonto's song anyday over that trash Vic O sings!!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by timbros(m): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Haba, this guy still dey alive? Na wao...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Runs Girls Gets To Dubai ( PIC ) / If I Was A Boy. . Strickly For Ladies ( Guys Don't Even Peep) / Video: 16year Old Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels Shaking Her Backside In Hot B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.