Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. (8430 Views)

Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age?? / Appeal Court To Determine Rev.kings Fate Today. / Sleep Position Can Determine Your Personality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by dridowu: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Who is Rev King ?
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Redmosquito: Eb
Red Moss!!!

*rushing to give him a hug and a quick peck before his e-wives come...

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Reference(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
The Nigerian Criminal Justice System still has a long way to go and is seriously behind the curve of societal reformation. If not how will they let this man, his legal team and his case tie up so much judicial resources for so long while they are barely able to cope with more devastating cases impinging on our collective survival.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2013
dridowu: Who is Rev King ?
A blood sucking demon
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by KINGwax(m): 10:17am On Feb 01, 2013
Mcdondayan: OMG, WTF is this man still alive? I know he will be released soon and maybe asked to pay 750k. SMH for this nation.
why do u alwys make d statement 'ds nation' as if u're idiottas?
Who made up the nation itself if nt us?
It's us nigeria shld be blamin for givin her a bad name and nt d other way round!

Besides, ds is law!! With ur good lawyer, u can get away with anything.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by OluEmmaAss: 10:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Those who did lesser evil have since being killed.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by 1shortblackboy: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2013
I no dey there I no d truth make d judge pass ein judgment we go take am so
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by harlos: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2013
Rev. King still alive
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Oahray: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2013
tchidi:
Red Moss!!!

*rushing to give him a hug and a quick peck before his e-wives come...
I saw that! angry
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 01, 2013
Oahray: I saw that! angry

Ewo!! shocked shocked
Ehmmm..it was just a harmless hug na!!

Oya come take ya own!
*watching out for Idowuogbo*
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Syenite(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2013
angryi wish to c a recent pix of him. Wickedt man!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by dadicvila(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2013
DJDOLA: They should just merc For d dis. Pastor beside poeple still atend is church...
they should have mercy on a murderer,if it was your sister he burnt to death will you be saying the same thing??I wonder how people like you reason
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Kayodejoseph86(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2013
There is need to sentence him to death by hang or whatsoever he need to face the sequence of what he did. Let him die little by little till the last brealth,maybe through process God have show him mercy.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by mshd5: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2013
Nawa 4 ds country o! Injustice
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by busolayemi: 10:39am On Feb 01, 2013
Guys...am so new on nairaland o...can't even stat a trend...nd I av an issue dat needs to b addressed...can sumone put me tru?
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by tomakint: 10:40am On Feb 01, 2013
Kcxee: The Court of Appeal in Lagos will Friday (today) decide whether or not to quash the death sentence passed on the General-Overseer of the Christian Praying Assembly, Chukwuemeka Ezeugo (aka Rev. King), by a Lagos High Court, Ikeja on January 11, 2007.

The appellate court headed by Justice Amina Augie on November 5, 2012 had heard arguments of parties on the appeal filed by Ezeugo, through his counsel, Mr. Olalekan Ojo.

Ojo had argued that the lower court judge, Justice Joseph Oyewole, who handed down the death sentence, erred in law in many respects.

But the prosecution, represented by the Lagos State Solicitor-General, Mr. Lawal Pedro, (SAN), urged the court to uphold Oyewole’s judgment.

“We urge your Lordships to dismiss this appeal,” Pedro said.

Oyewole had convicted Ezeugo and sentenced him to death by hanging for the alleged murder of a church member, Ann Uzoh.

The cleric was on September 26, 2006, first arraigned on six counts of attempted murder.

The prosecution had said Ezeugo poured petrol on the deceased and five others and set them on fire thereafter.

Uzoh died on August 2, 2006, 11 days after the incident, because of the injuries sustained from the incident.

However, Ojo, in his notice of appeal filed on January 16, 2007, raised 16 grounds of appeal against the judgment.

On June 10, 2008, the appellate court granted him leave to argue additional grounds through an amended notice of appeal filed on June 15, 2008.

At the hearing of the appeal, Ojo, who said Ezeugo did not commit the crime and was not at the scene, noted that Uzoh in two statements before her death had said she sustained the injuries in a generator accident.

He added that Uzoh exonerated Ezeugo in the statements, claiming that the latter was not responsible for her injuries.

Ojo further said there was a third statement in which the deceased was said to have claimed the appellant was the one who ordered petrol to be poured on her, thereby contradicting the first two statements.

Source: Punch
I can't believe this 'Bastaaard is still ALIVE' shocked shocked shocked
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by graceng: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2013
Phew!!! Well, the girl is deceased already. Quotes and quotes..there might even be her fourth statement coming soon but then she's not around to speak for herself...how sad. GOD HELP US!!!
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by TableLeg(m): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2013
He resurrected?! shocked
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by franchizy(m): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2013
All dis people commenting dis and dat here, why did you not appear in court to testify against him wit ur evidences. U jst use dis forum to rant watever u think. Pls allow d judiciary to do there work cos it is only God dat knows d heart of men and the truth.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by begwong: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2013
IS THAT MAN STILL ALIVE ??
#JUSTASKING#
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Willy7(m): 10:57am On Feb 01, 2013
busolayemi: Guys...am so new on nairaland o...can't even stat a trend...nd I av an issue dat needs to b addressed...can sumone put me tru?
I guess ur issue has to do with personal or family,just go to the family section,scroll down a little and u'll see CREATE NEW TOPIC,click on it and then pour ur heart out and await the consequences,sorry responses.Btw its thread and not trend.Thank me later.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Jennykalu(f): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2013
What d Bleep is he doing on earth since 2006? Dis judges no d try.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by blackbeau1(f): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Trust me,he will walk whether he is innocent or not
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 01, 2013
this matter still dey

....strolling round the moon....
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by yomip3t(m): 11:14am On Feb 01, 2013
There's no law in this country !
The only law that's effective is if you steal goat or chicken... Na 30yrs straight.
Wtf ! This ought to be a closed case for years. Haba !
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by leonshom(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2013
So wat? Besides,ur'e nt even d 2nd 2 comment,even if u r,ow dos it contribute 2d topic? Mcheew
hoochay: 2 to comment
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by slextheboss: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Intrepid!:
They should lock him in an airtight room and torment him with Tonto Dike and Vic-O songs till he dies of asphyxiation!

Bros. That is the worse torture i no fit wish my enemy this one
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by busolayemi: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2013
Willy7: I guess ur issue has to do with personal or family,just go to the family section,scroll down a little and u'll see CREATE NEW TOPIC,click on it and then pour ur heart out and await the consequences,sorry responses.Btw its thread and not trend.Thank me later.
see ehen tanks for ur help o...buh I stil dnt even get it...can't c anytin personal or family ere....can see oda people discussions and I can contribute...buh am stil lost...help even if u'll yab me
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by mu2sa2: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2013
sweetmimi: i think say ds man don die. why all these long years of arguement.
Doule post
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by Ranoscky(m): 11:32am On Feb 01, 2013
black_beau: Trust me,he will walk whether he is innocent or not
And when he's out, some knucle/bone heads will stil attend his church again, can u imagine? undecided
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by mu2sa2: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2013
sweetmimi: i think say ds man don die. why all these long years of arguement.
Another 10 years, maybe, this case will still be in court. it's in court of Appeal now. Next it will move to supreme court. The supreme court for some reasons may order the case to be remitted back to the high court to be heard before another judge. When this round of the charade begins, the prosecution would face the problem of getting witnesses back to testify. In the end the prosecution's case falls flat on its face and Rev king walks away as a free, innocent man to boast about that he is "anointed" and no harm can touch him.
Re: Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. by ELgordo(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2013
Its gonna be a damn shame if the Justice system Let's this fella go free . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If I Was A Boy. . Strickly For Ladies ( Guys Don't Even Peep) / Access Bank Refund My Money / When Runs Girls Gets To Dubai ( PIC )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.