Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,388 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! (10499 Views)

Shocking!!! Robbery Suspects Cut Bars, Escape From Police Cell Pictures / I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) / Teenager’s Manhood ‘vanishes’ After Handshake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Boyoorisha: 8:04am On Feb 01, 2013
There were strong indications yesterday, that the masquerade that allegedly shot dead an Islamic cleric, Lateef Amusa, in Ijaye area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital during Egungun festival had vanished into thin air.
State Commissioner of Police, Ikemefuna Okoye, told newsmen at the Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, that contrary to media report that the masquerade was part of those arrested, the Command did not have the masquerade, known as ‘Leyin Aponle,’ in its custody.
It would be recalled that Amusa was reportedly killed by a masquerade during Egungun festival, which led to the burning down of the masquerade’s family house.
The Police Command had said it had arrested four suspects, including a masquerade over the death of Amusa .
However, while parading 16 suspects for various offences, the Commissioner said only three persons had been arrested.
He said: “As an African, no one can arrest Egungun, only human beings that commit offences that are arrested. We don’t have masquerade in our custody. We have arrested human beings and they would be charged to court after investigation.”
But, when Vanguard interviewed Ajani Olabimtan, one of the suspects paraded by the police for the alleged murder, he claimed the masquerade was a Lagos based bus conductor and had run away after the incident.
According to him, “the masquerade was my boy. I am a transporter in Lagos and I followed Kazeem to Abeokuta to celebrate the festival. He has run away.
In fact, I came to tell the police about the incident before I was arrested. It was not the masquerade that killed the man. It was done by some cultists who rammed into our procession.”
”Meanwhile, the police paraded six alleged kidnappers, three armed robbers, five suspected murders and two burglars.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=91538

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by hrmkz: 8:15am On Feb 01, 2013
African voodoo or Naija way!
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by confusion247(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2013
Police story.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Ngwakwe: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2013
The deity is angry and wants to prove itself.

The Battle Bell has been rung, who shall stand; The Police, Islamists or Son of the soils?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Willy7(m): 9:02am On Feb 01, 2013
Naija na one minute one comedy.Honestly you cant get enough of her comedies,they come uncut and uncensored with unique package,such as you've never seen or heard anywhere.Is the masquerade a ghost?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by oderemo(m): 9:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Naija na one minute one comedy.Honestly you cant get enough of her comedies,they come uncut and uncensored with unique package,such as you've never seen or heard anywhere.Is the masquerade a ghost?
shut up there , u be small pikin 4 nija. go watch the agemo masqurade 4 ijebu ode, or that songbeto for badagry then come back here.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Hadone(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2013
CASH AT WORK.
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Igwe9(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2013
So, Elders indeed asked the police to withdraw their initial statement, being that masquerade is a spirit and can't be seen nor charge to court. . . lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by omarky(m): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Heyhey!!! 9ja police with dr stories....., U can't arrest a masqurade abi? No be person dey inside cloth? Eniyan lo wa leyin oro ti oro fi un ke!!! I smell foul here.
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2013
The entire police on duty should be questioned,it shows lack of competency,or bribery. Nigeria police,and their stories. Wait,is this peculiar to Nigeria police alone,or all over the world?- I mean their incompetency.
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
The police has wasted the guy o! Don't believe the police! Whenever someone vanishes from their custody, please check ALL mortuaries embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Bolt2011(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2013
OP, abeg modify your misleading topic since the masquerade was not taken to the cell in the first place. I didn't see anything suggesting that the masquerade vanished in the post.
Naija police sef, I'm sure some of the suspects paraded were just onlookers

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by ezedolar: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Na wao!
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Libkid(m): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Super story.if them no bring d masqurade out then d d.p.o should face d dance
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Reference(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Yomieluv: The entire police on duty should be questioned,it shows lack of competency,or bribery. Nigeria police,and their stories. Wait,is this peculiar to Nigeria police alone,or all over the world?- I mean their incompetency.

Nyet. Gotham police tried to arrest Batman in 'Dark Knight Rises'. Didn't work out either.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2013
African hoodoo,hmm respect to african diety
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by uzeba(m): 10:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Different story everyday!! 2day it will be north, 2moro south, anoda tym east and west!! Must it go round!! But na north still carry first!!
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by IleIfe2(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2013
That's what i've been saying. Yoruba Muslims are not really peaceful like most Nigerians think. People like this masquerade help keep the peace in the south-west. It's not like Muslim fanatics don't try to invade and destroy traditional shrines but they normally die miserably in a way that shows their predicament is a repercussion of their actions against the African deity. The calmness and tolerance shown by the yoruba muslim can be directly linked to the African deity. The African deity creates a sense of mutual fear, thus we enjoy an atmosphere of mutual respect.

Leyin Aponle, Abuku lo kan. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by obi4eze(m): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Boyoorisha:
According to him, “the masquerade was my boy. I am a transporter in Lagos and I followed Kazeem to Abeokuta to celebrate the festival. He has run away.
In fact, I came to tell the police about the incident before I was arrested. It was not the masquerade that killed the man. It was done by some cultists who rammed into our procession.”
grin grin grin grin
Masquerade has become someone's boy. So what do we call the masquerade's master?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by dridowu: 10:21am On Feb 01, 2013
Leyin Aponle abuku lo kan
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by teeceexx: 10:23am On Feb 01, 2013
Ω̴̩̩̩̥α spirit nah
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by aieromon(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Boyoorisha:
He said: “As an African, no one can arrest Egungun, only human beings that commit offences that are arrested. We don’t have masquerade in our custody.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:44am On Feb 01, 2013
lwkmd! naija no dey carry last. grin
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by blackbeau1(f): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2013
Nigerian police,incompetent as usual.they arrested half of the people in lagos state without arresting the actual murderer.
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by TableLeg(m): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2013
Wonderful shocked
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by femi4: 11:02am On Feb 01, 2013
omarky: Heyhey!!! 9ja police with dr stories....., U can't arrest a masqurade abi? No be person dey inside cloth? Eniyan lo wa leyin oro ti oro fi un ke!!! I smell foul here.
Wrong proverb! This is more appropriate: Eniyan lo wa labe aso ti won n pe le egun
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Willy7(m): 11:07am On Feb 01, 2013
ode remo:
shut up there , u be small pikin 4 nija. go watch the agemo masqurade 4 ijebu ode, or that songbeto for badagry then come back here.
You must be very stupid and daft with an imbecilic grey matter called brain.So you can arrest a spirit and detain it and it later vanishes after some weeks or days in custody?Do u see ur sense of reasoning?No wonder we have so much gullible Nigerians and the govt having a field day.idiota
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by babaireti(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Ile-Ife:
That's what i've been saying. Yoruba Muslims are not really peaceful like most Nigerians think. People like this masquerade help keep the peace in the south-west. It's not like Muslim fanatics don't try to invade and destroy traditional shrines but they normally die miserably in a way that shows their predicament is a repercussion of their actions against the African deity. The calmness and tolerance shown by the yoruba muslim can be directly linked to the African deity. The African deity creates a sense of mutual fear, thus we enjoy an atmosphere of mutual respect.

Leyin Aponle, Abuku lo kan. grin grin grin

Your words are not only contradictory but incomprehensible,You said in your eralier statement that''Yoruba Muslims are not really peaceful like most Nigerians think'' and later you concluded it by saying that again''The calmness and tolerance shown by the yoruba muslim can be directly linked to the African deity''then it means something is really wrong with You,the god of Atheism has afflicted you with a disease that distorts the workings of the brain,and You better repent before you slipped finally into the world of oblivion.
A word is enough for the wise they says

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Kgdavid(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2013
lack of comprehension is terrible. it is quite clear that:
1. the masquerade was never actually arrested and therefore could not have disappeared from his cell.
2. when the dpo said egungun cannot be arrested he meant that the person to be arrested is the person who dressed up as a masquerade. that is to say that if Kayode dressed up as a masquerade and then killed someone, then kayode and not the masquerade would be arrested because there is no such legal entity as a masquerade.

but go on and ignore the obvious truth because yu think it makes you sound smart and witty.
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Kgdavid(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2013
obi4eze:
grin grin grin grin
Masquerade has become someone's boy. So what do we call the masquerade's master?

someones master
Re: Islamic Cleric’s Death: Masquerade Vanishes From Police Cell! by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 01, 2013
obi4eze:
grin grin grin grin
DOCSQUERADE grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Caught A Man With SUV Making Love To A Mad Woman And He Gave Us This Pic / Gunmen Kill Soldier At Checkpoint, Five Others In Restaurant In Anambra / Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.