Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,289 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Beyonce Speaks Out On National Anthem Lip Sync Controversy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Speaks Out On National Anthem Lip Sync Controversy (575 Views)

Dbanj's Epic Entrance Performance At Lip Sync Battle Africa [VIDEO] / 2shortz Steps Out With A Stunning Lady After Marriage Controversy (Photo) / Peter Okoye Speaks Out On Mother's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Speaks Out On National Anthem Lip Sync Controversy by israel007: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2013
The Grammy-winning diva will take the stage at the halftime show in New Orleans. Here’s a look at some of her past performances, including her controversial rendition of the national anthem.
Her concert over and her point made, Beyonce offered a nuanced and vaguely apologetic account of what happened at the U.S. Capitol last week: She did rely on a pre-recorded vocal track, but she also sang along with it.

“I am a perfectionist,” she explained. Afraid that she was unprepared for the inauguration performance — having missed a rehearsal with the Marine Band because she was preparing the Super Bowl — she went with the recording, she said.

She maintained that she will sing live at the Super Bowl, but not because of the inauguration backlash: “I always sing live.”

Except, obviously, for last week in Washington. But in that case, she said, “the event wasn’t about me” in the way her halftime show will be..

“I will absolutely be singing live,” she said. “This is what I was born for. This is what I was born to do.”

Beyonce’s powerful rendition of the anthem drew immediate raves when she sang at the Capitol, but controversy heated up the next morning when a Marine Band rep told reporters the singer had opted to use a recording. Later, the group backed away from the lip-sync story, noting that while they used a tape, they couldn’t tell whether she sang over it or not.

In subsequent days, several other singers weighed in to defend lip-syncing as a routine fallback, especially in outdoor settings — but Beyonce herself remained silent.

Why not speak out sooner? “I’m happy that I could tell my story on my terms,” she said.

(1) (Reply)

Lindsey...brown Ep..(this Is A Complete Asa Replacement) / Oklahoma Mum 'tried To Sell Kids On Facebook' / Italian Football, Balotelli Getting A Lap Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.