Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigerian Consulate In NY To Start Charging $2.50 Per Min To Call Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Consulate In NY To Start Charging $2.50 Per Min To Call Them (633 Views)

South Africa Shuts Lagos Consulate / Hotels Closest To The Nigerian Consulate In New York / Nigerian Consulate In Nyc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Consulate In NY To Start Charging $2.50 Per Min To Call Them by gistyinka(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigerian consulate in New York to start charging $2.50 per min to call them
log on to their site... Nigeriahouse.com Is this OK?

http://www.gistyinka.com/2013/02/nigerian-consulate-in-ny-to-start.html
Re: Nigerian Consulate In NY To Start Charging $2.50 Per Min To Call Them by JeSoul(f): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
gistyinka: Nigerian consulate in New York to start charging $2.50 per min to call them
log on to their site... Nigeriahouse.com Is this OK?

http://www.gistyinka.com/2013/02/nigerian-consulate-in-ny-to-start.html
Na wa. Times are hard. lol.

When I needed to reach the Consulate sometime in 2010 the phone number wasn't working (and others I met at the embassy also remarked the same). I just tried the line now and someone actually picked up after one ring - perhaps things are getting better.

Honestly, I would pay $2.50 if it meant I got soild, credible information (and not different stories from different workers) and didn't have to waste my time navigating an 'un-user friendly website (seems they've updated it a bit too) or driving 5 hrs to manhattan, I would pay. I'd like to see how they will charge and make sure there are no billing errors or fraud with this phone line.

^all that said, I think there's no need for this if the website was revamped, you would quickly be able to answer FAQ without having to call - especially since you MUST do your application online BEFORE going to the consulate. You shouldn't have to charge for basic information you can easily capture online, but perhaps we prefer to do things the hard way.
Re: Nigerian Consulate In NY To Start Charging $2.50 Per Min To Call Them by jidewin(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
They always get things wrong and money is often the motive behind every EFFECTIVE services. Yet expected those in diaspora to come and fix their fk up. What stops them from placing comprehensive FAQs drawn from surveys on their website? Kai!

(1) (Reply)

34 Commercial Avenue Sabo / Do Qatar Employers Provide Good Accomodation To Employees / Mistake On Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.