Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria (1122 Views)

What Are Your Reasons For Not Going To Church Today? / What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? / For Religion Section Nlers Living In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by ojeniyi1: 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
There is no doubt that christain convertee(muslim turned christain) are far more than muslim convertee(christain turned muslim) in Nigeria, i have witnessed so many of them on campus and off campus too. People have many reasons to swap between the two religions mentioned above, from my experience, the following are the reason(s);
1. Poverty; this is perculiar in muslims changing to christain.
2. Inter-religious marriage; In this case wives always end up converting to their husbands' religion especially if the husband is a christian and vice versa.
3. Peer group; my best friend is a muslim make i follow am go mosque. My best friend is a christain make i follow am go church.
4. Spiritual problem; the truth is that many people who have converted into another religion with hope that their problem would be solved as soon as they convert are still living with such religion with false believe that the problem is under control(SUFFERING AND SMILING)
5. Prosperity and miracle; Today christainity preaches prosperity and miracle more than any other religion in human history and this super bait is wisely used by their leaders as a result of man affinity for cheap posperity.
6. Laziness/shortcut; many people are holding the believe that christainity is less stressful than Islam as they have to observe solat 5 times a day and perform all kinds of spiritual baths e.g. Janabah which is performed after sex. Whereas such purification is absolutely not important in christainity.
7. Parents with different faith; some are born into the family where the two parents believe in different faith. In this case, the children's faith is determine by (a) which of the parents do you love most?
(b) which of the parents is the financial pillar of the family?
(c)which is the most religious among them?
(c)which of them spends more time with the children? Any of them with the positive answer to above questions will certainly gain the heart of the children with respect to religion.
8. So called holy/spiritual revelation; some muslim or christian convertee always use dreams as their reason for swapping between the two.
9. Religion curiousity; people with high level of curiousity often end up accepting the religion that they are being curious about.
10. Personal conviction.
If you are convertee, honestly share with us your main reason(s) for swapping between the two religions and if you are not, share your experience with us too with respect to RELIGION CONVERSION. Also, if you have converted and you are having this kinda feeling like 'had i know i should have sticked to my faith and now itz kinda difficult to turn back' let hear from you too with a very high degree of honesty.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by Geewan(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nice thread!
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2013
Yes and the enviorment in which you grow up in can play a roll in your conversion.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by enilove(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2013
I have many reasons why I had to decide for ever to be a christian, some of which are:

A friend once told me that the reasons why most people wish to cross from Islam to Christianity was because of laziness. He said most people find if hard to pray 5 times per day.I then wondered if truely it was God that gave us that kind of worship,because the hadith said the Muhammed went to heaven ,an Allah told him to tell his followers to be praying 50 times per day.Moses then asked muhammed to go back to God to ask for reduction.The 1st time it was reduced to 25, again Moses told him to go back and ask for reduction, because people will not be able to do it,and God changed it to 12,5 times ,he still went the fourth time b4 God gave him 5 times per day ,and when Moses asked him again to go back to God for reduction,Muhammed refused.
I then reasoned within me ,does Moses know more than God?This Allah does not know that to pray 50 times a day ,if you remove 6 hrs for normal sleep per day,we would have to be praying every 30 mins . I knew then that something was wrong with the religion.

Another determinant was the historical back ground of Muhammed and Jesus.I was told that Muhammed had many wives .He married someone that was about 20 years older than him.(1st wife)Khadijat or so.And also married many other wives including 6 year old Aishat ,the daughter of Abu bakir.She was betrothed to Muhammed at age 6 and the marriage consummated when she was 9 yrs old ,Muhammed was then 54 yrs old.He also married Zaynab his adopted son's wife .And Muhammed died of food poisoned by a Jewish woman.

I inquired about Jesus.The quran and the bible confirms his birth was through the holy spirit and the mother was a virgin before he was concieved in the womb.He performed many miracles, like the blind receiving their sights,raising the dead ,casting out demons etc. He did not marry.He died on the cross without sin.

When I thought of these things, I was convinced within me that Islam was not the way.I then went to my mother and told her my decision.She then told me that she too had witness the power of the God of the Christians when my junior brother,who was 6 months old then,almost died.she took him to the hospital for days no changes ,the alfa in her mosque told her to take him to the hospital,whereas she was just comming from the hospital. She said the next day when the situation became worse, she decided to go to a relative at Ishaga tedo, on her way, she saw a church along the road and something told her to take him there ,and she branched.She said the way they quickly received the child from her and started praying for my brother was something she will never forget in her life.She said d members and the pastor ,who did not know her ,prayed for the child as if the child was theirs(love) ,and my brother's temperature bcame normal and started eating .He had not taken food for days. She said they did not request a penny from her, but told her to be prayerful and she left .The alfas took money did hontu,but no result.
She was a muslim then ,when she narrated this to me.

There are still more reasons,but let me have you response on these.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by Geewan(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
enilove: I have many reasons why I had to decide for ever to be a christian, some of which are:

A friend once told me that the reasons why most people wish to cross from Islam to Christianity was because of laziness. He said most people find if hard to pray 5 times per day.I then wondered if truely it was God that gave us that kind of worship,because the hadith said the Muhammed went to heaven ,an Allah told him to tell his followers to be praying 50 times per day.Moses then asked muhammed to go back to God to ask for reduction.The 1st time it was reduced to 25, again Moses told him to go back and ask for reduction, because people will not be able to do it,and God changed it to 12,5 times ,he still went the fourth time b4 God gave him 5 times per day ,and when Moses asked him again to go back to God for reduction,Muhammed refused.
I then reasoned within me ,does Moses know more than God?This Allah does not know that to pray 50 times a day ,if you remove 6 hrs for normal sleep per day,we would have to be praying every 30 mins . I knew then that something was wrong with the religion.

Another determinant was the historical back ground of Muhammed and Jesus.I was told that Muhammed had many wives .He married someone that was about 20 years older than him.(1st wife)Khadijat or so.And also married many other wives including 6 year old Aishat ,the daughter of Abu bakir.She was betrothed to Muhammed at age 6 and the marriage consummated when she was 9 yrs old ,Muhammed was then 54 yrs old.He also married Zaynab his adopted son's wife .And Muhammed died of food poisoned by a Jewish woman.

I inquired about Jesus.The quran and the bible confirms his birth was through the holy spirit and the mother was a virgin before he was concieved in the womb.He performed many miracles, like the blind receiving their sights,raising the dead ,casting out demons etc. He did not marry.He died on the cross without sin.

When I thought of these things, I was convinced within me that Islam was not the way.I then went to my mother and told her my decision.She then told me that she too had witness the power of the God of the Christians when my junior brother,who was 6 months old then,almost died.she took him to the hospital for days no changes ,the alfa in her mosque told her to take him to the hospital,whereas she was just comming from the hospital. She said the next day when the situation became worse, she decided to go to a relative at Ishaga tedo, on her way, she saw a church along the road and something told her to take him there ,and she branched.She said the way they quickly received the child from her and started praying for my brother was something she will never forget in her life.She said d members and the pastor ,who did not know her ,prayed for the child as if the child was theirs(love) ,and my brother's temperature bcame normal and started eating .He had not taken food for days. She said they did not request a penny from her, but told her to be prayerful and she left .The alfas took money did hontu,but no result.
She was a muslim then ,when she narrated this to me.

There are still more reasons,but let me have you response on these.
Thanks.

Thank you for your contribution.
What are the other reasons? I will really love to respond but I want to do it at once.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by ojeniyi1: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
@enilove, the purpose of this topic is to share with ourselves reason(s) why we chose to convert from one religion/faith to another and not to compare any religion to another.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by enilove(m): 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Am sorry ,I was busy since my posting.
This might be a lenghty discusion,so lets take a batch approach.
Kindly respond.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by Geewan(m): 1:33am On Feb 03, 2013
@enilove

First of all, which Moses are you talking about here?

What year was Prophet Muhammed poisoned and what year did he died?

Many have performed miracles before him and many are still performing miracles till tomorrow. John the baptist was sinless as well. The similitude of Jesus (PBUH) is that of Adam (PBUH). They both had no earthly father and they are both great prophets of Allah.

Exactly what lesson do you want us to learn with respect to the event you narrated? That Muslims don't have cure for sickness and that's why they are all dead, rigt? It makes no sense to you the source of the power. As a Muslim I believe only (God) Allah heals. How old were you when this event happened?

Did Jesus (PBUH) founded christianity? No! Paul who never saw Jesus (PBUH) did. What is Paul's last name? Did Jesus (PBUH) tell you to worship him? No! Did Jesus (PBUH) died for our sins? No! "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the father. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin." - Deuteronomy 24:16. Muslims worship God the way He should be worshiped. The way He was worship in Matthew 16:39 and Nehemiah 8:6. "And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good remove those that are evil: be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord)". (Al-Qur’an 11:114).

The verses that conceived me Islam is the way are: Deuteronomy 18:18, Isaiah 29:12, John 16:7, John 16:12-14) among others.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by ojeniyi1: 7:51am On Feb 03, 2013
@enilove, i want you to answer Geewan's questions with utmost sincerity using quotes in the holy bible to prove him wrong.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by enilove(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
ojeniyi.:
@enilove, i want you to answer Geewan's questions with utmost sincerity using quotes in the holy bible to prove him wrong.

I will answer ur qustions and I want you to answer mine too after this thread b4 I will respond to any questions so that it can be followed in a sequencial order. I was the First to ask you some questions ,but u didnt answer.All the same,lets go ahead.

The Moses I mentioned was the Moses that brought d Israelites out from Egypt.

Muhammed died in 632 AD.He died as result of being poisoned by a Jewish woman, after his attack on Khaibar .Read Bukhari's Hadith 4:394 that was narrated by Abu Huraira for confirmation.

You are right partiallyby saying that the similtude of Jesus was Adam.Jesus had to be born by the holy spirit just as God breathed into the nostrils of Adam and became a living soul.Jesus came into the world by the holy spirit and not by man,so that his blood will be a pure blood ,not the blood that has inherited the death penalty from God c/o the sin Adam and Eve commited.
On the other hand you are wrong to call Adam a prophet,Adam was not a prophet.He was not given any divine message to pass to any man ,since he was the first man.You are also wrong to compare Adam with Jesus because Adam did not perform any miracle.He could not raise Abel back to life when Cain killed him.

The miracles all the prophets in the bible performed are not up to 5% of the miracle Jesus performed within 3years of his ministry on earth.
In Matt 9:33 "And when the devil was cast out ,d dumb spoke;and d multitude marvelled,saying,it was never so seen in Israel.
In matt 8:26-27,And he said unto them,why are ye fearful,O ye of little faith?Then he rose ,and rebuke the winds and d sea; and there was a great calm.But the men marvelled saying, what manner of man is this,that even d winds & d sea obey him.
Jesus birth and his miracles can never be compared with any one b4 or after him.Though he wish that we have such powers and he told us in Matt 16:18.

I narrated that story to u tell tell you why I chose Christianity because that is the subject of this your thread.I was 8 yrs old then,when it happend to my brother and my mom told me when I was 21 yrs old or so.

Jesus Christ founded Christianity , he brought salvation to mankind.It was not Paul that brought christianity.Lets read:
Mark 16:15.Jesus said " Go ye into d world and preach d gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved;but he that believeth not shall be damned.
In Acts of Apostle chapter11:1-26.You will read in verse 22 that there was already a church in Jerusalem and Peter sent Barnabas that he should go as far as Antioch and in verse 26 Barnabas found Paul and took him to Antioch .And it came to pass that a whole yr they assembled themselves with the church and taught much people ,and the desciples were called christians first in Antioch.Note the words "with church"in that verse,and the also ,the phrase "and they taugth much people;" It was not Peter that established the church ,also he was brought there and ,we can it written AND THEY TAUGHT .It was not only Paul that taught the people.The desciples ,including Paul were called Christians.

The Nehemiah 8:4-6 which you mentioned does not signify that those people were muslims or worshipped in the muslim way. Lets analyse it one after d other.
1- Verse 2 reads "and Ezra d priest brought the law b4 d congragation......verse 4 says "Ezra the scribe stood upon the pulpit and 6 men stood by his left side and 7 men stood by his right hand .verse 5 says "and Ezra and Ezra opened the book in the sight of the people ,all the peoole stood up:verse 6 says Ezra blessed the Lord ,d great God,and all the people answered Amen Amen lifting up their hands and bow their heads and worshipped the Lord their faces to the ground.
If the above you can see that the main purpose of the gathering was for the book of Moses to be read to them. They did not perform any ablution,they raised their hands up while standing not while kneeling nor sitting as the muslim do.The muslims would sit down and use their heads to touch the ground.But in this case they were on their feet with their hands raised up and bow their heads ,still standing with their face to the ground not on the ground.They did that in a standing position they did not bow their kneel, and it is not written that their head or face was on the ground."TO THE" is the same ad TOWARD. To the ground means toward the ground,or in the direction of;It is not possible for you to raise your hands up, without bringing it down, and use you head to touch the ground.
More so ,the muslims do not pray with a quran in the hand of an Imam and with 13 people standing beside him.
If their mode of worship was like the muslims it would have been so till date .Matt 16:39 you mentioned is not in the bible.Matt16 ends in verse 28.

Most idol worshippers do bow their heads to the ground facing their idols.Are they muslims?
Sango shrine can be built inside a house ,and command given to their worshippers throughout the world ,to face the place where the idol is located,as it is normal to hit their heads on the ground during worship,can we call them muslims?.Neither can we say because they also bow ,as recorded in the bible ,that they are christians.

I have answered your questioned in the order by which you asked me..
I will want you to answer the questions in my first thread,in that order.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by enilove(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
ojeniyi.:

I will answer ur qustions and I want you to answer mine too after this thread b4 I will respond to any questions so that it can be followed in a sequencial order. I was the First to ask you some questions ,but u didnt answer.All the same,lets go ahead.

The Moses I mentioned was the Moses that brought d Israelites out from Egypt.

Muhammed died in 632 AD.He died as result of being poisoned by a Jewish woman, after his attack on Khaibar .Read Bukhari's Hadith 4:394 that was narrated by Abu Huraira for confirmation.

You are right partially by saying that the similtude of Jesus was Adam.Jesus had to be born by the holy spirit just as God breathed into the nostrils of Adam and became a living soul.Jesus came into the world by the holy spirit and not by man,so that his blood will be a pure blood ,not the blood that has inherited the death penalty from God c/o the sin Adam and Eve commited.
On the other hand you are wrong to call Adam a prophet,Adam was not a prophet.He was not given any divine message to pass to any man ,since he was the first man.You are also wrong to compare Adam with Jesus because Adam did not perform any miracle.He could not raise Abel back to life when Cain killed him.

The miracles all the prophets in the bible performed are not up to 5% of the miracle Jesus alone performed within 3years of his ministry on earth.
In Matt 9:33 "And when the devil was cast out ,d dumb spoke;and d multitude marvelled,saying,it was never so seen in Israel.
In matt 8:26-27,And he said unto them,why are ye fearful,O ye of little faith?Then he rose ,and rebuke the winds and d sea; and there was a great calm.But the men marvelled saying, what manner of man is this,that even d winds & d sea obey him.
Jesus birth and his miracles can never be compared with any one b4 or after him.Though he wish that we have such powers and he told us in Matt 16:18.

I narrated that story to u tell tell you why I chose Christianity because that is the subject of this your thread.I was 8 yrs old then,when it happend to my brother and my mom told me when I was 21 yrs old or so.

Jesus Christ founded Christianity , he brought salvation to mankind.It was not Paul that brought christianity.Lets read:
Mark 16:15.Jesus said " Go ye into d world and preach d gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved;but he that believeth not shall be damned.
In Acts of Apostle chapter11:1-26.You will read in verse 22 that there was already a church in Jerusalem and Peter sent Barnabas that he should go as far as Antioch and in verse 26 Barnabas found Paul and took him to Antioch .And it came to pass that a whole yr they assembled themselves with the church and taught much people ,and the desciples were called christians first in Antioch.Note the words "with church"in that verse,and also ,the phrase "and they taugth much people;" It was not Peter that established the church ,also he was brought there and ,we can see it written AND THEY TAUGHT .It was not only Paul that taught the people.The desciples ,including Paul were called Christians.

The Nehemiah 8:4-6 which you mentioned does not signify that those people were muslims or worshipped in the muslim way. Lets analyse it one after d other.
1- Verse 2 reads "and Ezra d priest brought the law b4 d congragation......verse 4 says "Ezra the scribe stood upon the pulpit and 6 men stood by his left side and 7 men stood by his right hand .verse 5 says "and Ezra and Ezra opened the book in the sight of the people ,all the peoole stood up:verse 6 says Ezra blessed the Lord ,d great God,and all the people answered Amen Amen lifting up their hands and bow their heads and worshipped the Lord their faces to the ground.
From the above you can see that the main purpose of the gathering was for the book of Moses to be read to them. They did not perform any ablution,they raised their hands up while standing not while kneeling nor sitting as the muslim do.The muslims would sit down and use their heads to touch the ground.But in this case they were on their feet with their hands raised up and bow their heads ,still standing with their face to the ground not on the ground.They did that in a standing position they did not bow their kneel, and it is not written that their head or face was on the ground."TO THE" is the same ad TOWARD. To the ground means toward the ground,or in the direction of;It is not possible for you to raise your hands up and use you head to touch the ground.
More so the muslims do not pray with a quran in the hand of a priest, and with 13 people standing beside him.
If their mode of worship is like the muslims it would have been so till date . This was written more than 1,500 years before Islam.
Matt 16:39 you mentioned is not in the bible.Matt16 ends in verse 28.
The idol worshippers always hit their heads on the ground before their gods during their worship.
God is in heaven,not in the earth. Every idol worshipper can put their idol in a place,like Sango worshippers ,and ask their worshippers to face the direction of the sango shrine and bow to it.
So the act of bowing down or shouting "God" does not mean the person is serving the right God.

I have answered your questioned in the order by which you asked me..
I will want you to answer the questions in my first thread,in that order.
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by potentpraise: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2013
Its so interesting to hear from you guys that Christianity is easy than Islam.

I strongly disagree with you to say its easy than Islam.
You might be talking about pagans who don't go to church but attends once or twice a year.. watch-night/crossover to the next year and Easter or during church event services

But for the real Christ-like people, you would just be making mockery of their sacrifice.

The bible say pray without season..i guess many of you have not see when Christians pray and sweat... the exercise is physically exhausting but spiritually gratifying.
The Christians that actually pray, pray without season, while at work, driving, walking, eating and in all form of activities and before any of the activities.
While this form of ritual does not necessary means that they are holy or will get to heaven, it not an exercise to call a lazy man devotion.

So doing the same thing five times everyday that does not require you loosing some fat, can not be considered hard-work, but a lesser ritual compare to those who are Christians.
I have watch many imam with keen interest, none i have seen sweat while preaching, but look at many of our christian pastors, when they preach, the way you see them sweating while preaching is how they pray when not preaching.

So Christianity is not easy and those that follow it wholeheartedly will strongly smile when you say its easy? You can imagine boko haram killing christian brothers and sisters and no retaliation, try that with some of our Muslim brothers in the North and they know its Christians that have done such act, you will see how they will kill both pagans and church attendants. If you say its easy, then you are saying its easy to see your brothers killed and not retaliate? Its the grace of God that help those Christians to hold themselves and control their emotion through biblical injunction.

There are many examples and you will know that, some of the Christianity that is being played today, its mostly artificial of the original Christianity that Jesus taught, very few pastors of today, can pass through 1% of what Jesus and his disciples did in their time. Think and think again if you are considering easy religion
Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by tpia5: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
christianity is not easier than islam, generally speaking.

its not easy to be a christian because the lifestyle would be radically different from the overall one. Tougher.

and so many things you have to learn to discipline yourself in, because to not do so would be detrimental to your spiritual welfare.

for example, a sex addict who wants to be a christian- it will be very difficult not hopping everywhere as you usually do. For a muslim, at least you have the option of polygamy or concubinage and you dont have to worry the lifestyle will affect your relationship with God.

used the sex addiction example because its one of the most common things around.

so, its very hard to be a christian, and thats why many "christians" dont even bother trying, its just too difficult.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Religion Conversion In Nigeria by Geewan(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2013
@enilove, I am aware that the Prophet lived for years after the event happened. What kind of food poison is that if I may ask?

Should it be able the number of miracles or rather the gift of miracle? Nigerian pastors arguably have done more miracles more than Jesus (PBUH) and what does that indicate? There are more holy than Jesus (PBUH) right? Definitely not!

The true account is that Allah initially – on the night of the Mi’raaj when our Prophet (PBUH) was taken up into heaven – enjoined fifty prayers to be performed night and day. Then the Prophet (PBUH) kept asking his Lord to reduce it until it became five prayers to be offered night and day. But Allaah decreed the reward of fifty prayers for these five, so whoever prays five prayers will receive the reward of fifty prayers.

"Indeed, the example of Jesus (PBUH) to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was." Al-Imraan 3:59. Adam (as) was first man and first prophet but he was not a Messenger, because of the hadeeth about intercession in which it says that the people will go to Nooh and say to him, “You are the first Messenger whom Allaah sent to the earth.” This text clearly indicates that Nooh was the first of the Messengers.

I find it quite unbelievable that Jesus (PBUH) never predicted the coming of Muhammed (PBUH) according to christians. This is so strange considering the number of events he predicted. But I've heard some say that Muhammed was predicted as a false prophet. Here is a verse from the bible that actually talked about a false prophet. "Jesus answered them, ‘Watch out that no one misleads you. For many will come in my name, saying, "I am the Christ," and they will mislead many ... Then if anyone says to you, "Look, here is the Christ!" or "There he is!" do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Remember, I have told you ahead of time.’" Matthew 24:4-5, 23-25. This description does not fit Muhammed (PBUH) in anyway. You will even agree with me that that description fit perfectly with some GOs we have today. Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was definitely predicted in the bible and not the Holy spirit because the Holy spirit was already around and the verse was a reference to a human.
Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

1 Samuel 10:10 "And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them."

1 Samuel 11:6 "And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly."

"Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?" (Isaiah 63:11)

"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee." (Luke 1:35)

"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost" (Luke 1:41)

"And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying," (Luke 1:67)

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." (Luke 2:25)

"And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost (Simeon), that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ." (Luke 2:26)

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus), and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22).

My point with respect to the Nehemiah verse is which church is currently during that today. And the Matthew verse was Matthew 26:39.

The accounts of Jesus’ death and resurrection as depicted in the gospels are in serious conflict. Furthermore, Jesus’ resurrection appearances were not originally part of the gospel of Mark (the earliest of the four gospels). Mark originally ended at 15:8 with the women running from the tomb frightened. Verses 9-20 were a later addition. What the Christian scholars often overlook is the interesting phenomenon of later gospel manuscripts knowing more details than the earlier ones! This is a clear indication that those details were never part of the original oral and written accounts but were inserted into the later copies.The accounts of Jesus’ death and resurrection as depicted in the gospels are in serious conflict. Furthermore, Jesus’ resurrection appearances were not originally part of the gospel of Mark (the earliest of the four gospels). Mark originally ended at 15:8 with the women running from the tomb frightened. Verses 9-20 were a later addition. What the Christian scholars often overlook is the interesting phenomenon of later gospel manuscripts knowing more details than the earlier ones! This is a clear indication that those details were never part of the original oral and written accounts but were inserted into the later copies.

"So direct your face toward the correct religion before a Day comes from Allah of which there is no repelling. That Day, they will be divided." Ar-Room 30:43.

Please you can state the questions again explicitly because I didn't see any questions in your initial post.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Songs In The Night, Music in the Battle. / 3 Things To Avoid As A Child Of God / The Allegorical Stories Of Daniel, Job, Noah, Abraham And....Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.