Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London (20435 Views)

Woman Dies After Acid Attack In Benue State (Photo) / 27-yr-old Lady Dies From Boyfriend’s Acid Attack / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by ijebabe: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded is permitted as long as it's done in the comfort of one's home. But anything that will affect other people need to be looked into. I'm not saying it's wrong to wear a hijab but for the sake of security and posterity, any kind of total face covering should be banned. We need to see the faces of people around us. if they want to keep covering their faces then they should stay indoors.
It is not for you to decide what people wear and who should stay indoors! It is a shame that woman/man who damaged that girls face can't be found, that doesn't mean the nijab should be banned!
That person used it to hide his/her identity to carry out the crime, whether the nijab is banned or not, would have covered up to attack the girl anyway.

Its like saying if women stop wearing short dresses there will be no rape. Once a person is sick in the head or wants to carry out an evil deed you think banning a nijab will get in his/her way?

How can the UK take away such rights from their citizens? It sounds ridiculous to me.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
claremont:
Guy, listen to yourself. How can you compare the killing of another human being to the wearing of a hijab?! Think through your arguments before you write them.

France outlawed the hijab NOT because they felt it was an instrument of murder (which YOU claim it is), but because they believed it infringed on female rights.
Pls don't misquote me. I never said hijab was an instrument of order. I was just countering your assertion that we should let every religious practice be even if they're been used by criminals to perpetuate evil. I still maintain that any form off covering to the face should be outlawed. This is not just about Hijab.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by FXKing2012(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Waooo...crazy world we live in...and she's Nigerian. I'm sure a jealous boyfriend or a jealous rival must have done this.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by OluEmmaAss: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
What could she have done to deserve this?
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by lafuria1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
you think the attack wont still be carried out if niqab is banned? niqab covers the face while the hijab doesnt covers the face, so which one are you asking to be banned? the britain would have ban the use of niqab if they wanted, but they need reasons and not just because they dislike for it, yes u cant see their faces in public but britain are not having issues with them or have you had one before?. are people frequently commiting crime wearing the niqab nw?. is britain having security issues with those wearing niqab? do the stats, how many crimes do people commit wearing niqab? very rare and you want to ban it for security reasons rght, does it even make sense.

so y call for a ban, they do so under religious freedom and they are few in britain, its like 1 in a 100 or more,. u are asking it to be banned but till date the british havent banned hoodies which have been use to commit crimes. people wore hodies during london riot to break into stores and commit street crimes, yet no one calls for hoodies ban.

in france they ban the niqab or burqa not because of criminal activities, but due what they call social hindrance in communication within the society and they say it encroaches on individual freedoms and fear of 9/11 or 7/7 even though no report of the criminals wearing niqab.

@topic, it is in this case i always believe an eye for an eye should be carried out. whoever commited the crime should be bathed with concentrated 98% H2SO4 or HF a

4 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Badbitch89: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
I pray God will give her healing and the attacker will never have peace of my mind and will be found. This is just crazy, and disgusting.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by daylae(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sheer wickedness this is. . . . This can't be one of those random attacks. The attacker and her(maybe not even a woman)reasons is the misery. Hope they get he/she fast.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
ijebabe:
It is not for you to decide what people wear and who should stay indoors! It is a shame that woman/man who damaged that girls face can't be found, that doesn't mean the nijab should be banned!
That person used it to hide his/her identity to carry out the crime, whether the nijab is banned or not, would have covered up to attack the girl anyway.

Its like saying if women stop wearing short dresses there will be no rape. Once a person is sick in the head or wants to carry out an evil deed you think banning a nijab will get in his/her way?

How can the UK take away such rights from their citizens? It sounds ridiculous to me.
Again, this is not about the hijab but about facial coverings. Do you know some religions allows people to walk unclad? Will you also defend people who their religions allows them to walk unclad in public? But walking unclad has been banned by most countries without bearing in mind that it's the belief of some people.

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by HARDDON: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
Brand_new: Did you say weak acid? Means there are more potent ones? shocked
Chineke me!

Sure! It is a diluted oηε. A Concentrated oηε wudnt leave hair on her head. Ενεη does facial skin wud ß off too!

Wot a villainous act.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hmmm... This is extremely sad, to be honest...

However, who am I to judge?? All these young naija chics and their love for the lifestyle they can't afford and using married yahoozee uncles to fund the faux lifestyle smh... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Married women have feelings too...

I wish her all the best.. sad
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by SisiKill1: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
I suppose if the attacker had worn a Halloween costume. ...people will call for those to be banned too.

What about a hoodie to cover his head and a bandana to cover his face. ...guess those would be added to the list of banned items.

Last I checked the smiley face facemask is still on sale and people still wearing it depite the fact that it was used to commit two bank robberies, one angryof which included the murder of a cashier.

Naija and their knee jerk quick fixes to everything. ...never look beyond the surface.

4 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by ijebabe: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Again, this is not about the hijab but about facial coverings. Do you know some religions allows people to walk unclad? Will you also defend people who their religions allows them to walk unclad in public? But walking unclad has been banned by most countries without bearing in mind that it's the belief of some people.
Which religions and in what context is it allowed? I can't argue that with you.

Banning the nijab doesn't make sense to me in this girl's case. It is ridiculous.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by FXKing2012(m): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
la furia: y
@topic, it is in this case i always believe an eye for an eye should be carried out. whoever commited the crime should be bathed with concentrated 98% H2SO4 or HF a
Forgiveness is key, using violence to tackle violence or even jungle justice aint the right path.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by HIV1: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Some people always put religious sentiment into every thought.The girl in question knows the person likely to be responsible. There is a case of a woman whose face got machetted by the gang sent by the wife of the man she was committing adultery with. The lady later told people it was robbery but people who were aware knew the real story because the claimed robbers didnt steal anything . cool
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by okunoba(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
@Ijebabe, As mentioned by Afam, there are many societies where walking naked in public is part of their culture and way of life, but I am sure this isn`t allowed in most parts of the World and certainly in all muslim countries. Based on your logic, shouldn`t these people be allowed to follow their tradition of wearing very little or nothing in Mecca and all the other Countries where it`s not allowed? But since it doesn`t affect you, u don`t care about tradition in this case. Atleast they are not using it as a cover to commit a crime.

Covering up of the face is a difficult thing to ban but it should be looked into.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Chinom(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
These people, they know themselves, have taken this acid throwing sh*t to London. Next thing you know, they will carry poop in a plastic bag to pour on somebody in London too. What a wicked set of people.
Funny enough, Ms Oni looks better in the pic with acid marks than the one without. Pots of bleaching cream will clear her face.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by okunoba(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Those of you passing judgement on the victim of this heinous crime should remember it can be u someday. Let`s even assume she was sleeping with a married man or another girl`s boyfriend, does that justify these evil act? Where is the love and empathy in our society? We want a better Country yet in our deeds and thoughts we are as evil as those that we condemn.

Where is the love, it seems there is non in our society. I wish the lady full recovery and pray that the culprit of the crime is apprehended and convicted
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
shadrach77:
oni is yoruba undecided undecided undecided
Edo ppl also bears ONI..BUT''IYALEKHUE'' IS TYPICAL BENIN!!!!!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2013
muslim at it again. always know with animalistic tendencies and wickedness cum destructions. where are these people from sef? okay from ismael the product of illicit sex by ibrahim
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I suppose if the attacker had worn a Halloween costume. ...people will call for those to be banned too.

What about a hoodie to cover his head and a bandana to cover his face. ...guess those would be added to the list of banned items.

Last I checked the smiley face facemask is still on sale and people still wearing it depite the fact that it was used to commit two bank robberies, one angryof which included the murder of a cashier.

Naija and their knee jerk quick fixes to everything......never look beyond the surface.

your reasoning sometimes does not portray that you went to school!
why would anyone wear halloween costume in january in public? we are saying any form of facial masks should be banned in public and you are talking halloween masks. there are organisations in britain where you cannot even wear hoodies - why not sanction the laws to ban all sort of masks in public?

it's britain not mecca - the alleged killer of a female police officer in Manchester used this niqab to effect his escape out of england. there were protests then that niqab should be banned but the government said the reasons were not strong enough. one of the july 7 bombers used niqab to bail out from an underground station - there were calls then to ban niqab and now this one?

france have banned it, britain should ban it too. what's the point?

ocman: muslim at it again. always know with animalistic tendencies and wickedness cum destructions. where are these people from sef? okay from ismael the product of illicit sex by ibrahim

don't be ridiculous....
the attacker could have been a christian and might even be a man - he/she was able to do this because the government is useless. if i wear a balaclava on the street - it would not take 3-5 mins before i get stopped by the cops - why do people cover their faces? i would not dress half-nüde in saudi arabia or dubai. when you are in rome, behave like romans! naomi oni should sue the parliament - they have failed to protect her!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Lakayana: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
In my opinion she knows the cause of the attack. Most of these young girls will not leave people's husbands alone not knowing it hurts and such affairs can destroy peoples' homes. Well I may do same cos I never dated any body's husband while single.
Would you do that to your husband's lover? Judgment is of the lord when you allow God to take control of all situation I tell you, you will be like those that dream dreams God is too big to be toyed with.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by obamasbabe(f): 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=obadiah777]AND YET YOU CALL YOURSELF OBAMAS BABE. DO YOU KNOW HE IS A MARRIED MAN ? THE HYPOCRISY[/quot
Its just a name I use on nairaland not even my hubby knows its me. I thought u should know better.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by ijebabe: 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2013
okunoba: @Ijebabe, As mentioned by Afam, there are many societies where walking naked in public is part of their culture and way of life, but I am sure this isn`t allowed in most parts of the World and certainly in all muslim countries. Based on your logic, shouldn`t these people be allowed to follow their tradition of wearing very little or nothing in Mecca and all the other Countries where it`s not allowed? But since it doesn`t affect you, u don`t care about tradition in this case. Atleast they are not using it as a cover to commit a crime.

Covering up of the face is a difficult thing to ban but it should be looked into.

My logic is very simple. Just because a person covered his/her face to carry out a criminal attack does not justify banning the use of the nijab. When muslims go to take passport photographs for official documentation don't they remove their headpiece? Laws are laws, the government can look into means of catching these criminals and not an outright ban of the nijab.

The UK as a nation is more tolerant and aware of the different cultures of its citizens, hence it is absolutely ridiculous to ban the use of nijab because a crime was committed where the person covered his/her face! Its very simple really.

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by obamasbabe(f): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
coogar:

how could she have known the cause of the attack? you people and your nollywood mentality.........what if it was her ex boyfriend or someone she had a brazilian weave deal with that poured acid on her? it could even have been a random attack like the boy that punched a white chic the other day?
Like I said'in my opinion'therefore its not conlusive ok? Pls try and understand people's comment before u dive on ur keypad.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by obamasbabe(f): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Omuha: Why do you fail to see that it is your husband dating someone else,not someone dating him.You write as though your husband is a bag of beans with no mind of his own.You honestly do no deserve to mix with humans.
Hello I never said my hubby is dating anyone. Pls try to understand before u reply pls. And I never insulted anyone so wonder why u sounded insultive. Like I said'in my own opinion'. Therefore its not conclusive.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by SisiKill1: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
coogar:

your reasoning sometimes does not portray that you went to school!

Okay when we had our little tete-e-tete about how the school I attended had 10 pupil sharing one pencil and notebook....I didn't think you were gonna throw it in my face every single time.

So much for BFFs and secret keeping undecided

why would anyone wear halloween costume in january in public? we are saying any form of facial masks should be banned in public and you are talking halloween masks. there are organisations in britain where you cannot even wear hoodies - why not sanction the laws to ban all sort of masks in public?

it's britain not mecca - the alleged killer of a female police officer in Manchester used this niqab to effect his escape out of england. there were protests then that niqab should be banned but the government said the reasons were not strong enough. one of the july 7 bombers used niqab to bail out from an underground station - there were calls then to ban niqab and now this one?

france have banned it, britain should ban it too. what's the point?

Dude lets do a wild guesstimate comparison of how many crimes have been committed wearing niqab vs the crimes committed wearing hoodies, masks, bandana etc. . . .the answer is obvious, no?! So if those other "mode of disguise" haven't been banned...why the knee jerk call for banning the niqab?!!!

We are talking about crimes on the street, you are bringing up organizations where one can't wear hoodies.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by phreakabit(m): 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
pDude: A Victoria's Secret shop assistant was scarred for life when a mysterious figure wearing a niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work.

Naomi Oni, 20, was left with severe burns on her head, neck, arms, legs and body after she was attacked in Dagenham, east London.

She has spent the past month having skin grafts and almost went blind, although she has now recovered her vision in her left eye and has partial sight in her right.

Her attacker was dressed like a [size=18pt]Muslim[/size] woman in a niqab, so Ms Oni could not see their face. Police have no idea who was responsible for the vicious attack, or why they did it.

The shop assistant - who is sole carer for her disabled mother Marian Yalekhue, 52 - was making the five-minute journey back to their flat from the bus stop when she heard someone behind her.

She had just finished a late shift at the Westfield Stratford store and was on the phone to her boyfriend Ato Owede, 23, at 12.40am.

'I’d been working a late shift and was talking to my boyfriend about what we were going to do for New Year when I saw this[size=18pt] Muslim[/size] woman wearing a niqab covering her face,' she told the Evening Standard.

'I thought it was a bit strange at that time of night, but she didn’t say anything and I kept on walking.

'Then I felt a splash on my face. It burned and I screamed out. I started running and screaming, holding my face, all the way home. I didn’t look back.

'I got home and I was screaming and banging on the door. I was hysterical. Luckily my godmother, who is a pharmacist, was at home with my mum and she helped me and kept dipping my face in water and trying to calm me down until the police and ambulance got there.

'I was in shock. Saying: "Who would do that? Who would do that?" How could anyone do this?'.

She has released the shocking images of her disfigured face in an appeal for help to catch the attacker whose identity was concealed behind the Muslim women’s dress which completely covers the face apart from the eyes.

Ms Oni decided to speak out after police failed to establish any motive behind the December 30 attack or identify a suspect.

She said the attack had 'destroyed' her life and left her too afraid to venture out or even show her face in public.

'I look in the mirror and it just isn’t me. I’ll never look the same again,' she said. 'I’ve always been outgoing and confident in my job and in my personal life, used to getting attention for the way I dress or my hair, but now I don’t want anyone looking at me.

'I don’t want people to see me in public. I don’t want to get the Tube or the bus. If I have to go to the hospital I take a taxi.

'I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to my job. I was planning to go to college in September to study media and fashion, but I don’t even know if I’ll be able to do that.'

The store assistant has been told she faces months if not years of skin grafts and further plastic surgery and even then is likely to be left with severe facial scarring.

She and her mother say they are too afraid to go back to their council flat in Dagenham. They are currently sleeping on a friend’s sofa-bed after turning down the offer to be rehoused in Tottenham on safety grounds.

Ms Oni said she had been inspired by the story of Katie Piper, the model who launched a charity and spoke out publicly after falling victim to an acid attack orchestrated by her boyfriend, but that she would never feel safe with her attacker still at large.

'Even with the support of my family and friends and boyfriend I feel very alone,' she said. 'Nothing is going to be same anymore.'

A Scotland Yard spokesman said acid attacks were 'extremely rare' and that detectives were keeping an 'open mind as to the motive.'
Officers from Barking and Dagenham are investigating. No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.\

http://alabamauncut..com/2013/02/naomi-oni-20-year-old-woman-scarred-for.html

Nuf said!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Okay when we had our little tete-e-tete about how the school I attended had 10 pupil sharing one pencil and notebook....I didn't think you were gonna throw it in my face every single time. So much for BFFs and secret keeping undecided

no vex - i promise not to divulge the other information!

Dude lets do a wild guesstimate comparison of how many crimes have been committed wearing niqab vs the crimes committed wearing hoodies, masks, bandana etc. . . .the answer is obvious, no?! So if those other "mode of disguise" haven't been banned...why the knee jerk call for banning the niqab?!!!

i did not call for only niqab/burqa to banned. i said all garments covering the head or face should be banned. go to dailymail and read the comments - people have been asking for the ban of all kinda masks in public since 2005 after the 7/7 underground incident! none of us here would wear something scandalous in islamic countries - they don't care about any yeye political-correctness, why do the Brits care? their country, their rules - if it's not acceptable, move where such is accepted! the girl should sue......

We are talking about crimes on the street, you are bringing up organizations where one can't wear hoodies.
SMH

we are saying the same thing here.....
if there's a law against public wearing of masks, this crime would not have been committed with this method. surely, witnesses would have seen the burqa attacker long before he/she committed the crime and investigations would have been easier for the cops. street crimes or no street crimes - some places would not allow hoodies or burqa and there's never been any complaints - why not do the same for all public places to ensure safety of lives n properties! there are muslims in france too - they are coping!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
In my opinion she knows the cause of the attack. Most of these young girls will not leave people's husbands alone not knowing it hurts and such affairs can destroy peoples' homes. Well I may do same cos I never dated any body's husband while single.

Brilliant deduction! Is this fact, or opinion?

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by logica(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

So so so sooooo disappointed you think that post made an iota of sense.

Used to think your username aptly described you...LOGICAL...then again maybe it does describe you seeing has it is incomplete.
I also used to think you are smart; but smart people usually can identify sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
So when your husband/a married man cheats, the woman he cheats with is to be 'faulted' and blamed right?

Stupid woman!

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by kandiikane(m): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Brand_new: Did you say weak acid? Means there are more potent ones? shocked
Chineke me!

Yep, ones that can dissolve the face completely.

They probably used 100% TCA on her. Who knows. It's not bad compared to the ones I've seen. It will heal and peel off. Although scars will remain, she should be thankful it wasn't those ones they use in pakistan where half of the face just melts away.

It's really a sad thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Neighbour Rapes Two-year-old Girl In Lagos / 35-Year-Old Man Rapes A 4-Year-Old Girl In Niger State / Thief Caught After Dismantling Motorcycle To Sell For His Mother's Burial. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.