Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Your Experiences With Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Experiences With Parents (1137 Views)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experiences With Parents by beqs101(f): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
Hey people,please I want to know from the married ladies and men here,your experiences with your parents and also,your fiance or fiancee's parents concerning your choices of partners? How did you handle your parents? Did you let go and moved on to the next available guy/girl? Did you stand your ground and insisted he/she,was your choice and that was all that mattered? Did your pastor told you,he/she wasn't the one?and did you listen or not and how has your marriage been?

Please share your experiences with parents here..you may be helping someone out,of their delemma..no insults please..
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by DameGambrosia: 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
*please, do not say I toldyaaaa* tongue
My parents never knew I was married o. . .
I had to get 'green card' fOrst! grin
Shioooooooooooooooor!!!

Even after getting residency tuition. . . I had to make 'em believe I was still a 'foreign student'! wink

Ashually, I don't come from a 'village square' of miserable, jobless, meddlesome CONTROL FREAKS! You simply show up with your choice of spouses, THEY PAY FOR THE WEDDINGS AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. . .simple! cool

We thank awa lucky stars for 'CIVILIZED' PARENTS who can mind their own doggone businesses and MORE! cool

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Parents by beqs101(f): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dame Gambrosia: *please, do not say I toldyaaaa* tongue
My parents never knew I was married o. . .
I had to get 'green card' fOrst! grin
Shioooooooooooooooor!!!

Even after getting residency tuition. . . I had to make 'em believe I was still a 'foreign student'! wink

Ashually, I don't come from a 'village square' of miserable, jobless, meddlesome CONTROL FREAKS! You simply show up with your choice of spouses, THEY PAY FOR THE WEDDINGS AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. . .simple! cool

We thank awa lucky stars for 'CIVILIZED' PARENTS who can mind their own doggone businesses and MORE! cool

Lol don't worry,your secret is safe with me...you're blessed that you've got parents,who mind their business oo.. These days,even the most civilized parents,are always finding something wrong with their sons choices..
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by DameGambrosia: 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
beqs101:

Lol don't worry,your secret is safe with me...you're blessed that you've got parents,who mind their business oo.. These days,even the most civilized parents,are always finding something wrong with their sons choices..

This can ONLY be possible in Nigeria. . .where parents still feed, cloth and house adult children even in their 60s! NOT ANYWHERE IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD! kiss I dun know ANY of my relatives/friends or accqaintances that had parents with ANY SAY in choices for spouses. NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE. . . unless with people like OWELE ROCHAS who had to marry-off a 37 year-old daughter to some hungry-looking dude! grin

NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE! kiss
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by beqs101(f): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dame Gambrosia:

This can ONLY be possible in Nigeria. . .where parents still feed, cloth and house adult children even in their 60s! NOT ANYWHERE IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD! kiss I dun know ANY of my relatives/friends or accqaintances that had parents with ANY SAY in choices for spouses. NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE. . . unless with people like OWELE ROCHAS who had to marry-off a 37 year-old daughter to some hungry-looking dude! grin

NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE! kiss

Well in this age,parents are suppose to respect their children's choices cuz,matters of the heart are really serious issues but in Nigeria,they've not changed one bit... They've to either tell their sons/daughters not to marry from a particular tribe or,they shouldn't marry the girl/guy cuz they don't jes like him/her..
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by cherish(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
It happened †Φ me or should I say ♍γ̲̣̣̥ fiancé.and the reason is just she is A̶̲̥̅̊ Christian while am Muslim, she stands on her foot that nobody will choose for her (I realy proud of her) after 8 years we've Been togqether. Thank God now we about †Φ marry
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by Fussbot: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
Bros,na ur parents go live wit ya wife forever??
Re: Your Experiences With Parents by DameGambrosia: 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
beqs101:

Well in this age,parents are suppose to respect their children's choices cuz,matters of the heart are really serious issues but in Nigeria,they've not changed one bit... They've to either tell their sons/daughters not to marry from a particular tribe or,they shouldn't marry the girl/guy cuz they don't jes like him/her..

Damn right!
If I were in Nigeria and any daughter/son of mine decides to sit his or her azze in my home at 25 years old fasting and praying for a doggone spouse, WHILE EATING ALL MY FOOD TO SEND MY OWN AZZZE TO THE "PO HOUSE". . . . AMMO make sure he or she gets sold to THE LOWEST BIDDER. . . with a double coupon PLUS A RAIN CHECK like Owelle Rochas did for his 37 year-old grand-ma look-a-like. . . ."shorty KPEMBU". . . . . "Nne Ifeoma" kinda daughter! cheesy Mercy Johnson Okojie nor get mama and papa? Nor be pure-water and her 'poohsie'. . .she take marry born. . .plus become NOLLYWOOD STAR?

Rubbish! ONLY IN NIGERIA FOR SURE! kiss
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

MAKE IM GO SING 'DAMI DURO' OR 'ARA'M BE' sell record jor! NOR BE DEM MATES BE DEEZZ? angry
Na my own go siddon for my house dey type rubbish for NL like most of these ijjjiots we see here posting day and night with NO FUTURE AMBITION? Hmmm! I ASK AGAIN. . . DAVIDO AND BRYMO wey nor fit speak beta English dey sing song abi? grin

Bottom line: Dem lazzzy 'adult' PSYCHO children need to learn how to respect themselves and GERRROUT OF THEIR PARENT'S HOMES! Unless they were molested by those parents. . .THEN AS DAMAGED GOODS OF SOCIETY. . . THE PARENTS SHOULD FIX THEIR OWN MESS!

*case closed*

GAVEL POUNDS! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwW2GLoUCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L7JmdF4VEM

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Parents by Sinachee: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dame Gambrosia:

Damn right!
If I were in Nigeria and any daughter/son of mine decides to sit his or her azze in my home at 25 years old fasting and praying for a doggone spouse, WHILE EATING ALL MY FOOD TO SEND MY OWN AZZZE TO THE "PO HOUSE". . . . AMMO make sure he or she gets sold to THE LOWEST BIDDER. . . with a double coupon PLUS A RAIN CHECK like Owelle Rochas did for his 37 year-old grand-ma look-a-like. . . ."shorty KPEMBU". . . . . "Nne Ifeoma" kinda daughter! cheesy Mercy Johnson Okojie nor get mama and papa? Nor be pure-water and her 'poohsie'. . .she take marry born. . .plus become NOLLYWOOD STAR?

Rubbish! ONLY IN NIGERIA FOR SURE! kiss
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

MAKE IM GO SING 'DAMI DURO' OR 'ARA'M BE' sell record jor! NOR BE DEM MATES BE DEEZZ? angry
Na my own go siddon for my house dey type rubbish for NL like most of these ijjjiots we see here posting day and night with NO FUTURE AMBITION? Hmmm! I ASK AGAIN. . . DAVIDO AND BRYMO wey nor fit speak beta English dey sing song abi? grin

Bottom line: Dem lazzzy 'adult' PSYCHO children need to learn how to respect themselves and GERRROUT OF THEIR PARENT'S HOMES! Unless they were molested by those parents. . .THEN AS DAMAGED GOODS OF SOCIETY. . . THE PARENTS SHOULD FIX THEIR OWN MESS!

*case closed*

GAVEL POUNDS! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwW2GLoUCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L7JmdF4VEM

LWKMD!!!
Some kain tins wey I dey write sef ehn!
MUCHECHECHECHECHECHE grin

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence: Focus:Women/What Is The Way Out? / Two Things Your Daughter Must Know Before Age 5... / Homeless Man Has Lived In A Crypt With The Skeleton Of His Best Pal For 13 YEARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.