Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein (15497 Views)

Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams / Anony's Soul Theory Destroyed By Richard Dawkins! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
wiegraf: Sheeple mentality is so ingrained in y'all you expect it to be the default. Same with sky daddy. Meh

Dont mind them....I didnt bother with this thread that reeks of st.upidity from Enigma and Davidylan.

First they force some glorification of Dawkins like a Messiah on atheists (I wonder how many atheists in Japan/Korea know Dawkins). Second, they claim that Dakin believes in god and intelligent design. Enigma goes to every thread like an OCD shouting "evangelical atheism" every time
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Second, they claim that Dakin believes in god and intelligent design. Enigma goes to every thread like an OCD shouting "evangelical atheism" every time

As long as you will also say that your is an OCD. smiley
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
Enigma:

As long as you will also say that your father is an OCD reetard. smiley

"If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also abuse his father"

Matthew 5;39

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by thehomer: 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
hisblud: @thehomer: in one of your post, you stated that the film was edited to give an assumed meaning. Was hopeful of seeing an unedited version of the youtube anony gave, alas i was disappointed by the link yes its darwins opinion on that link, i would have loved to see the "unbiased", "unedited" full clip, which wasnt there. So i may assume that would be the full clip, unedited video which MrAnony had posted?Abi

The only people who would have access to that unedited version would be those who made the movie and they have their reasons for not releasing the full unedited clip. The company that made the film mislead a number of people so they really didn't expect to be deliberately misrepresented. Usually when there's a complaint about how someone was presented in a so-called documentary, those who filmed would release a full uncut version online for your independent review but here, we don't see it.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
mazaje:

Which god is he closer to accepting? Allah, Brhama, Shivah, Panku, Yahweh? Which god exactly?. . .

Apparently these gods might not be in existence anymore.

These were so called "gods" that fed on human emotions. They confused men with super technology gadgets. E.g machines that could make one teleport

How would primitive feel when they see a space craft throwing beams of fire? "The glory of the lord came down" indeed these ancient composed the bible based on their ignorance of the fact that all they saw were mere advanced technology.

Why are these "gods" not showing themselves to us anymore? Could it be becos they are ugly and they know were are more aware than before.

Creation may not require a creator just Nature does not require a deity.

I am 100% sure there is no god.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness:

Creation may not require a creator just Nature does not require a deity.

I am 100% sure there is no god.

This has to be the daftest statement in 2013 so far.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

This has to be the daftest statement in 2013 so far.

Can you prove there is a god Frosbel? -without opening your bible pls
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
All i need is a concrete proof ,dont beat about the bush ! No quotes from any book pls!
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by advocate666: 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness: All i need is a concrete proof ,dont beat about the bush ! No quotes from any book pls!

All the proof you need is the 1% doubt from Richard Dawkins. Christian brainwork is a serious case study.

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

All the proof you need is the 1% doubt from Richard Dawkins. Christian brainwork is a serious case study.

That 1% doubt gives some christians enough evidence that God exists.

angry
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness: All i need is a concrete proof ,dont beat about the bush ! No quotes from any book pls!

Explain to us in great detail , how the process of reproduction happened to evolve or originate by some random chance. The Process is clearly defined into stages with each stage responsible for a degree of development starting from the act of s.ex to the formation of a zygote and then to the cell division methods of meiosis and mitosis into a full grown baby and eventual adult.

How did we evolve into Male and Female with different organs of reproduction designed specifically for the procreation of our race.

I really have to say only a FOOL will believe that the human and environmental processes we experience and live by every day just happened out of thin air.

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by advocate666: 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

Explain to us in great detail , how the process of reproduction happened to evolve or originate by some random chance. The Process is clearly defined into stages with each stage responsible for a degree of development starting from the act of s.ex to the formation of a zygote and then to the cell division methods of meiosis and mitosis into a full grown baby and eventual adult.

How did we evolve into Male and Female with different organs of reproduction designed specifically for the procreation of our race.

I really have to say only a FOOL will believe that the human and environmental processes we experience and live by every day just happened out of thin air.

So if he can't explain it, that means that there is your god? Is that really how your brain functions?
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by italo: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
Someone is trying to make this thread about Frosbel's views.

Dude, it's about Dawkins and his views.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

So if he can't explain it, that means that there is your god? Is that really how your brain functions?

I am sure you guys have some degree of education, so tell me , can a process come out of nowhere and start working without a design in place ?

I work in the IT world, and we design solutions and processes day in day out, when the customer receives our solution after a successful testing, they notice that their applications run faster, information can be shared more intelligently and collaboratively , and tasks can be performed more efficiently, it all works like magic.

More importantly , they are fully aware that the processes which make the solution work have been well thought through, planned, designed and project managed into a solution fit for purpose. They do not stupidly think it all happened by chance.

So tell me oh great and intelligent ones, if people believe that these less complex processes have a designer and creator, is it not quite foolish to deny the same logic to the more complex and advanced processes of nature.

You guys need to start using your brains and not your emotion.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
italo: Someone is trying to make this thread about Frosbel's views.

Dude, it's about Dawkins and his views.

And Dawkins doesnt believe in god or an intelligent designer
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by advocate666: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

I am sure you guys have some degree of education, so tell me , can a process come out of nowhere and start working without a design in place ?

I work in the IT world, and we design solutions and processes day in day out, when the customer receives our solution after a successful testing, they noticed that their applications run faster, information can be shared more intelligently and collaboratively , and tasks can be performed more efficiently, it all works like magic.

More importantly , they are fully aware that the processes which make the solution work have been well thought through, planned, designed and project managed into a solution fit for purpose. They do not stupidly think it all happened by chance.

So tell me oh great and intelligent ones, if people believe that these less complex processes have a designer and creator, is it not quite foolish to deny the same logic to the more complex and advanced processes of nature.

And we are telling you, maybe you are right. We don't know, but you have yet to provide the proof of your assertions. Until you provide the proof, we will continue exploring other plausible explanations.

I can ask you a "christian" question: are you absolutely 100% certain that the universe didn't happen by chance?
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by mazaje(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

I work in the IT world, and we design solutions and processes day in day out, when the customer receives our solution after a successful testing, they notice that their applications run faster, information can be shared more intelligently and collaboratively , and tasks can be performed more efficiently, it all works like magic.

OK, I agree that the universe was designed. . .Now provide evidence that it was designed by Yahweh ALONE. . .YOU are the one making the extra ordinary claim so you need to provide extra ordinary evidence. . .Why should I accept that your god alone desiged the universe and not the pantheon of Hindu gods or some super-intelligent aliens from another universe?. . .
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

That 1% doubt gives some christians enough evidence that God exists.

angry

Actually no, once more you miss the point by a mile. Christians dont care if Dawkins has a 0.02, 0.0005 or 1% doubt... what matters is that for someone who is the grand vizier of atheism (although i note some of you are now frantically trying to renounce him or make excuses for his pathetic performance in this video), even he is not sure of what he believes.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

And we are telling you, maybe you are right. We don't know, but you have yet to provide the proof of your assertions. Until you provide the proof, we will continue exploring other plausible explanations.

I can ask you a "christian" question: are you absolutely 100% certain that the universe didn't happen by chance?

Why? Just go right ahead believing whatever you like.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2013

this makes no sense, you say God doesnt exist. fine... enjoy. Why are you all howling for "concrete proof"?
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
mazaje:

OK, I agree that the universe was designed. . .Now provide evidence that it was designed by Yahweh ALONE. . .YOU are the one making the extra ordinary claim so you need to provide extra ordinary evidence. . .Why should I accept that your god alone desiged the universe and not the pantheon of Hindu gods or some super-intelligent aliens from another universe?. . .

why? Why is proof important to you? why dont you just move on as an atheist?
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

Actually no, once more you miss the point by a mile. Christians dont care if Dawkins has a 0.02, 0.0005 or 1% doubt... what matters is that for someone who is the grand vizier of atheism (although i note some of you are now frantically trying to renounce him or make excuses for his pathetic performance in this video), even he is not sure of what he believes.

Show how foolish you are. You have no sense of humility or honesty.

A man says that he doesnt believe there is a god because there is no evidence. But he leaves an open mind (1%) for anyone to provide evidence for God.

That means that he is not sure of his beliefs?

angry
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Show how foolish you are. You have no sense of humility or honesty.

A man says that he doesnt believe there is a god because there is no evidence. But he leaves an open mind (1%) for anyone to provide evidence for God.

That means that he is not sure of his beliefs?

angry

You are being disingenuous. Is he really leaving that 1% chance out of an "open mind" or is that 1% an admission that he really isnt sure of his position? Why is he waiting for proof from christians to confirm his position? I thought he had all the logic and reasoning on his side?

And why exactly does this rile you up so badly that you curse everyone so violently? Are you a child, violent by nature or just scared?

2 Likes

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

You are being disingenuous. Is he really leaving that 1% chance out of an "open mind" or is that 1% an admission that he really isnt sure of his position? Why is he waiting for proof from christians to confirm his position? I thought he had all the logic and reasoning on his side?

Can everyone see the fool? Davidylan, just sharaap. You have nothing.

Daviddylan;
Why is he waiting for proof from christians to confirm his position?

[img]http://timcooley.files./2009/12/christian-logic.jpg?w=290[/img]

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by advocate666: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

And why exactly does this rile you up so badly that you curse everyone so violently? Are you a child, violent by nature or just scared?

The funny thing is getting my brain to accept that an "intelligent designer" would chose you to explain and fight his cause. It will be like Hawkins chosing an almajiri to explain quantum physics. Designer? maybe. But intelligent? NO!
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Can everyone see the fool? Davidylan, just sharaap. You have nothing.

[img]http://timcooley.files./2009/12/christian-logic.jpg?w=290[/img]

and what exactly did Dawkins prove by conventional logic in that video? That he truly believes in intelligent design (just not the God type) or is just so confused he is willing to swap biblical "myths" for ridiculous ideas like directed panspermia?

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

The funny thing is getting my brain to accept that an "intelligent designer" would chose you to explain and fight his cause. It will be like Hawkins chosing an almajiri to explain quantum physics. Designer? maybe. But intelligent? NO!

Ok more confusion. You believe in a designer but dont think the designer is anymore intelligent than you. Well perhaps you should go right ahead and design your own form of life no?

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by advocate666: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

Ok more confusion. You believe in a designer but dont think the designer is anymore intelligent than you. Well perhaps you should go right ahead and design your own form of life no?

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

and what exactly did Dawkins prove by conventional logic in that video? That he truly believes in intelligent design (just not the God type) or is just so confused he is willing to swap biblical "myths" for ridiculous ideas like directed panspermia?

Nice. After being destroyed, you shift the topic.

There is some form of design in the universe. Dawkins was speculating that life and it's design. could have come about from another civilzation (physical entities) that seeded that design unto earth.

The difference between fools like Anony, Enigma, Justaqad, Davidylan etc on one side and Richard Dawkins on the other is that;

-Dawkins knows that this intelligent designer is only a possiblity/speculation without any evidence and that the designer should be physical.
-The religious fools (Davidylan and co) take this intelligent designer to be a fact and that the designer is some spiritual, spaceless, timeless entity.

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:
There is some form of design in the universe. Dawkins was speculating that life and it's design. could have come about from another civilzation (physical entities) that seeded that design unto earth.

Is this "speculation" anymore logical than the biblical myth Dawkins dismisses? If i postulated the above you would have laughed me out of this thread... doesnt this make a mockery of the internet meme you posted earlier about atheism being all "logic and reasoning"?

Where exactly is Dawkin's proof for this claim? Or its ok to take Dawkins at his word but then pooh pooh christians for not providing you God's home address?

Logicboy03:
The difference between fools like Anony, Enigma, Justaqad, Davidylan etc on one side and Richard Dawkins on the other is that;

-Dawkins knows that this intelligent designer is only a possiblity/speculation without any evidence and that the designer should be physical.
-The religious fools (Davidylan and co) take this intelligent designer to be a fact and that the designer is some spiritual, spaceless, timeless entity.

What is most troubling is that Dawkins thinks his ideas are FACTS that will take time to prove. Its not the same as mere "speculation".

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan:

Is this "speculation" anymore logical than the biblical myth Dawkins dismisses? If i postulated the above you would have laughed me out of this thread... doesnt this make a mockery of the internet meme you posted earlier about atheism being all "logic and reasoning"?

Where exactly is Dawkin's proof for this claim? Or its ok to take Dawkins at his word but then pooh pooh christians for not providing you God's home address?

What is most troubling is that Dawkins thinks his ideas are FACTS that will take time to prove. Its not the same as mere "speculation".

How foolish. Dawkins clearly states that it is a possibility not a fact. You have nothing and now, you are trying to put words into Dawkins mouth as if he said it was a fact?

You have lost the argument. Go home and be a family man.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

How foolish. Dawkins clearly states that it is a possibility not a fact. You have nothing and now, you are trying to put words into Dawkins mouth as if he said it was a fact?

You have lost the argument. Go home and be a family man.

How is it a possibility? This is just ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / IPOB/UGM/ ESN Killings: Chosen Church Moves Popular Crusade From Imo To Lagos / Pastor Ighodalo Leads Late Wife’s Foundation In Outreach To Babies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.