Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna (10680 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Zamfara Corpers Lodge / Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China / NCCF Corpers Lodge In Abuja Razed By Fire (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by dai513(f): 7:52am On Feb 02, 2013
Batch A 2012/2013 Corp Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna State

Miss Monica Onuoha used this one year youth service to make impact on the lives of her fellow corp members and the Sabon Gaya community of Chikun Local Government. It was an emotional commissioning on Jan 31st,2013 when Ms. Onuoha stood with the State Coordinator to cut the ribbon, formally opening an 8 room lodge for Corp Members at Government Secondary School Sabon Gaya, Kaduna. There was much joy on the faces of the NYSC officials and the LG officials who were in attendance. Some of her donors were on hand that day as well.

Miss Onuoha, an Abia State indigene began the project a month after being posted to her PPA. She shared her experiences with Corp Members, the press and the general public present at the commissioning. One thing that stood out to the crowd was her willingness to bravely knock on doors to solicit funds, get contractors for the project and actually complete the project. She also mentioned that apart from living in a different place, she has now learnt the basics of building a structure (Skill Acquisition!!).

Due to the construction of the Lodge, GSS Sabon Gaya will have a comfortable place for Corp Members to lay their hands. This will greatly benefit the students.

Ms. Onuoha also completed other community service projects during her service year: a skills acquisition programme for women in her host community, donation of school books, donation of hospital materials, and afforestation.

As a corp member, I was inspired by Ms. Onuoha's selflessness and courage to execute such a massive project.
I hope to do something (even on a small scale) to make impact on my host community as well. I was also touched by the hands that were on deck throughout the project. She did not fail to speak highly of her fellow Batch A Corp Member posted to the school, a person who acted as her right hand man throughout the building process; selfless team work at its finest!

Kudos Monica Onuoha and all those completing CDS projects in their host communities.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by dai513(f): 8:01am On Feb 02, 2013
1-Corp Member being interviewed by press.
2-Part of Lodge.

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2013
Kudos to Monica Onuoha, well done Ajuwaya

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by redcliff: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2013
is it now a competition for who imparts lives individually? Projects as enormous as this ought to be jointly carried out. Where is the money coming from? she just makes 19800 a month. these are questions we should be asking these corps members. I would not want to believe its a case of "my daddy is rich" statement... i am happy about the development o.(before illogical nlders start attacking me).

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by alphaconde(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2013
all these big men children wey de show themsef for nysc. anyway thancgu

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by midetinz(m): 10:55am On Feb 03, 2013
Hoping it won't be bombed soon

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by brownlord: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
Nonsence, let them bring out the donors of this project if u find any female among them, mk she talk wetin she do for those men before them sponsor this project, am a servin call member and i knw what am talking about, am presently servin in one of the local govt. In osun, in the whole of this LGA no good place to eat, except some useless buka where u be served, one nonsence soup with 2 cups of stew, u cant find anywhere to eat jollof/fried rice or other varieties thereby making it difficult for non yourubas to cope even the place is close to their state capital, i told a girl of my intention to try a little restaurant or fast food joint and she told me not to bother, that she a batch B, tried a laundering service, after several warnings from one person doin same bizness, shes been battling wit health issue since she commenced, another girl told me of one ibo woman who opened a restaurant and a while some restaurant owner gang up and they told her is she love her life she shld flee from the community so make them park well, all the big project for nysc scheme na only girls dey always execute am, shebi na dem dedicate to the programme pass abi?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by sucreblazing(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2013
Omo this one na massive project oo...kudos
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by iBukas: 11:03am On Feb 03, 2013
God go bless her well well

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by gramci: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2013
redcliff: is it now a competition for who imparts lives individually? Projects as enormous as this ought to be jointly carried out. Where is the money coming from? she just makes 19800 a month. these are questions we should be asking these corps members. I would not want to believe its a case of "my daddy is rich" statement... i am happy about the development o.(before illogical nlders start attacking me).

Mr logic if you had gone through the thread you should have noticed this part of the thread.
Some of her donors were on hand that day as well.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by strangest(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2013
redcliff: is it now a competition for who imparts lives individually? Projects as enormous as this ought to be jointly carried out. Where is the money coming from? she just makes 19800 a month. these are questions we should be asking these corps members. I would not want to believe its a case of "my daddy is rich" statement... i am happy about the development o.(before illogical nlders start attacking me).
You probably missed this part of the write up

" One thing that stood out to the crowd was her willingness to bravely knock on doors to solicit funds, get contractors for the project and actually complete the project."

What has "my daddy is rich" got to do with this sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by gramci: 11:12am On Feb 03, 2013
brownlord: Nonsence, let them bring out the donors of this project if u find any female among them, mk she talk wetin she do for those men before them sponsor this project, am a servin call member and i knw what am talking about, am presently servin in one of the local govt. In osun, in the whole of this LGA no good place to eat, except some useless buka where u be served, one nonsence soup with 2 cups of stew, u cant find anywhere to eat jollof/fried rice or other varieties thereby making it difficult for non yourubas to cope even the place is close to their state capital, i told a girl of my intention to try a little restaurant or fast food joint and she told me not to bother, that she a batch B, tried a laundering service, after several warnings from one person doin same bizness, shes been battling wit health issue since she commenced, another girl told me of one ibo woman who opened a restaurant and a while some restaurant owner gang up and they told her is she love her life she shld flee from the community so make them park well, all the big project for nysc scheme na only girls dey always execute am, shebi na dem dedicate to the programme pass abi?

its obvious that you are unaware the male Corper that built health center in Abuja which was commissioned some weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by stshakes(m): 11:16am On Feb 03, 2013
Did some of you read "she had donors"??
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by casestudy: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2013
haters keep hating, beafers keep beafing, people with passion for community service are still doing a great job! even if na their papa money dem take do am, you sef go move ur papa politics money take am sow seeds of lovingkindness for those villages and communities. keep it up!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by Ibangap(m): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2013
brownlord: Nonsence, let them bring out the donors of this project if u find any female among them, mk she talk wetin she do for those men before them sponsor this project, am a servin call member and i knw what am talking about, am presently servin in one of the local govt. In osun, in the whole of this LGA no good place to eat, except some useless buka where u be served, one nonsence soup with 2 cups of stew, u cant find anywhere to eat jollof/fried rice or other varieties thereby making it difficult for non yourubas to cope even the place is close to their state capital, i told a girl of my intention to try a little restaurant or fast food joint and she told me not to bother, that she a batch B, tried a laundering service, after several warnings from one person doin same bizness, shes been battling wit health issue since she commenced, another girl told me of one ibo woman who opened a restaurant and a while some restaurant owner gang up and they told her is she love her life she shld flee from the community so make them park well, all the big project for nysc scheme na only girls dey always execute am, shebi na dem dedicate to the programme pass abi?
No wonder u said u r a CALL member. Smh. Try nd be appreciative 4 ones pls......... Nd work on ur grammer too.

6 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by strangest(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2013

You be call girl?? grin

4 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by ocelot2006(m): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2013
Impressive. Kudos to the corper.
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by caesaraba(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2013
Ibanga p:
No wonder u said u r a CALL member. Smh. Try nd be appreciative 4 ones pls......... Nd work on ur grammer too.

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!! You beat me to it.
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by Mavrick2012: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2013
midetinz: Hoping it won't be bombed soon
no,chikun LG is on d xtian portn of d state
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by Mavrick2012: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2013
after readin tru ur irratnal n illogical xplanatn am tempted 2 ask again:ARE U SURE U ARE A CORP MEMBER/GRADUATE or...

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by dino2006(m): 11:57am On Feb 03, 2013
Kudos to d lady. M surprised som peeps here are almost slittin their throats over ds matter. Gratitude is a great attitude and marks d begining of greatness.
Wats with d grammatical arrows y'all b shoootin. Evn u wey dey correct person, ur grammar no holy pass grin grin.
Happy sunday Nlders
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by RoyalRoy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
I doubt if truly you are a Corper!!
Na food they send you come chop for service year? What stops you from buying your own foodstuffs & cook whatever you want? Abi market too no dey area? Mr Jollof & Fried Rice
You talk of opening a restaurant, is that a community service or business for ur own personal gain?
She sleeps around to get money for the project, why didn't you get a sugar mummy to finance u too?
Did u attempt to teach the students in the area extra moral classes for free? No
and you came here ranting......for this megabyte u wasted on this trash you wrote.....you are hereby sentenced to another one full year of service and you better make an impact this time.

11 Likes

Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by redcliff: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
gramci:

Mr logic if you had gone through the thread you should have noticed this part of the thread.

My question indeed. Why did they not interview the donors. afterall arent they part of the project? and besides what went down before all these was done? cos i know its hard to find a goodwill donor these days especially for a project as such as this.
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by redcliff: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
strangest:
You probably missed this part of the write up

" One thing that stood out to the crowd was her willingness to bravely knock on doors to solicit funds, get contractors for the project and actually complete the project."

What has "my daddy is rich" got to do with this sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

YOu are a moumou. if you know English well you would know that phrase is a figure of speech called METAPHOR. It was a metaphoric statement.
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by redcliff: 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
gramci:

and trust me, for a corper in an alien element, it would take more than just her as a "corper" to pull this through
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by freebreezeyz(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mavrick2012: after readin tru ur irratnal n illogical xplanatn am tempted 2 ask again:ARE U SURE U ARE A CORP MEMBER/GRADUATE or...

Thanks for asking 'it' bro...Thanks
Re: Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna by anitank(f): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
Am inspired..
What can I do with the remaining 6 months I have?
The only problem is, every part of Lagos State has been developed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Ekiti / Missed Clearance\pv Signing Before? What Are The Implications? / Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.