Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost (1007 Views)

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? / Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage / Choosing And Registering A Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost by SGRACE1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
I want to build a new blog. I made enquiries and some told me that it is not safe(security -wise) to host my site and register a domain name with the same platform. That is better to purchase a domain seprately, then host on another platform while pointing my domain name to them. Whats you take on this. Please advice me. Thanks!
Re: Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost by rufaai(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
It doesn't make anysense, domain names can be transfered anytime anyday if you are unsatisfied with the serivce.

Even your website can be transfered. Just be sure to pick a good host and not those individual reseller guys who wont be reachable or wont release your domain.

Consider any of these:

Web4Africa, GigaLayer, WhoGoHost, Syskay, SBOHost, QServers or TruDigits.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost by mrperfect(m): 2:06am On Feb 04, 2013
There Shouldn't be any problem, you can always transfer anytime you wish.
In our side as a hosting company we do that.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2013
If it's just one website, it's better and more convenient to get ur domain name and hosting from one company.

But if u hav upto 4 websites, u can use two companies.

The best companies so far are: www.godaddy.com, www.siteground.com and www.domain.com

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Hosting And Registering A Site On Same Platform Eg Bluehost by SGRACE1(m): 6:25am On Feb 12, 2013
Thanks friends.

(1) (Reply)

Memes And You / Teenager Plans 'hacker School' To Help Africa Build Next Google / How Do I Integrate Routesms API Into My Bulksms Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.