Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? (1268 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers / Mid-night Prayers / Prayers Before Marriage;helpful Or Catastrophic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by leonshom(m): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
How many of us still remember to say our Night Prayers before bed?
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
leonshom: How many of us still remember to say our Night Prayers before bed?

Are you afraid of the boogeyman or monsters under your bed?

smiley
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by OmoAlata(f): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
leonshom: How many of us still remember to say our Night Prayers before bed?

Without fail - no matter how tired I am
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Omo Alata:

Without fail - no matter how tired I am

What happens when you dont?

Cant you see that prayer is useless?
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by OmoAlata(f): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Cant you see that prayer is useless?

To you maybe wink
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Heathen(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
Used to pray, and i slept like a baby, stopped praying about 3 years ago, still, i sleep like a baby. Made no difference.
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by italo: 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
We must realize that prayer is communication with God.

Not communicating regularly witH God will affect our relationship in a similar way as not communicating with our spouse/child/friend will affect our relationships with them.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
italo: We must realize that prayer is communication with God.

Not communicating regularly witH God will affect our relationship in a similar way as not communicating with our spouse/child/friend will affect our relationships with them.

Here is a simple problem with your philosophy

If God knows our every thought and every need what is the need for praying to him? To beg like a slave?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Here is a simple problem with your philosophy

If God knows our every thought and every need what is the need for praying to him? To beg like a slave?

As simple as A,B,C
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness:

As simple as A,B,C

Do re mi
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Bella3(f): 11:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
embarassed
Logicboy03:

Do re mi
ifeness:

As simple as A,B,C
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by italo: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2013
You all miss it.

God knows a our needs and grants us many of them without our asking. He does still, like it when we show our trust in him and humility by coming to him in prayer.

A parent knows most of the needs of the Child and grants many of them without the Child asking...but if the child and parent never communicate, the relationship suffers...and who would like that.

Prayer isn't just asking favours from God. It is communication with God...and it could even be you telling God: "Dad, I want to do what pleases you," simple as it may sound.

Don't let our pentecostal brothers deceive you into thinking that Christian prayer is all about "gimme this"..."Gimme that!"
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2013
italo: You all miss it.

God knows a our needs and grants us many of them without our asking. He does still, like it when we show our trust in him and humility by coming to him in prayer.

A parent knows most of the needs of the Child and grants many of them without the Child asking...but if the child and parent never communicate, the relationship suffers...and who would like that.

Prayer isn't just asking favours from God. It is communication with God...and it could even be you telling God: "Dad, I want to do what pleases you," simple as it may sound.

Don't let our pentecostal brothers deceive you into thinking that Christian prayer is all about "gimme this"..."Gimme that!"

Nonsense. You people claim that god is in our mind and is that little voice we hear. That is already communication

Prayer becomes excessive when you note the above
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by OmoAlata(f): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."

Did Jesus NOT know what Bartimeus wanted? Of course He did but Bartimeus still had to ask. "The LORD our God has secrets known to no one" wink
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by ARareGem(f): 6:04am On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nonsense. You people claim that god is in our mind and is that little voice we hear. That is already communication

Prayer becomes excessive when you note the above

Is there such a thing as excessive communication?? Communication is a two-way thing. As the Spirit speaks to you (perhaps through the 'little voice' you hear), you also repond and vice versa.
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 04, 2013
ARareGem:

Is there such a thing as excessive communication?? Communication is a two-way thing. As the Spirit speaks to you (perhaps through the 'little voice' you hear), you also repond and vice versa.

What is the use of talking to god when he knows what you want? To beg?

No wonder. He loves being begged. Only a psychopath would have angels singing to him everyday. Your god is an attention LovePeddler
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by ijawkid(m): 7:40am On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is the use of talking to god when he knows what you want? To beg?

No wonder. He loves being begged. Only a psychopath would have angels singing to him everyday. Your god is an attention LovePeddler

While you are a freaking gay.......
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
ijawkid:

While you are a freaking gay.......

Na so e pain you?

Why would you just call me gay out of the blue?
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Heathen(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na so e pain you?

he is a closet ghey. I don't think this is the first time he has called you ghey. You know, keep attention on someone else so no one suspects you..............,.........lol, i'm just chatting bollocks tbf.
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
Heathen: he is a closet ghey. I don't think this is the first time he has called you ghey. You know, keep attention on someone else so no one suspects you..............,.........lol, i'm just chatting bollocks tbf.

lmao grin grin
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by plaetton: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
italo: You all miss it.

Since we on the issue of prayers, what volume of prayers does god require in,lets say, a typical month?. we pray when we wake up, pray when we eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and again before wee go to sleep. we pray about five times in a typical church session. This repetition, is it not a clear sign of doubts about god and his ability to not only hear, but also to deliver?

And I have always asked, but yet to receive answers:
What is the difference between prayer and special prayer?
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by italo: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
plaetton:
Since we on the issue of prayers, what volume of prayers does god require in,lets say, a typical month?. we pray when we wake up, pray when we eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and again before wee go to sleep. we pray about five times in a typical church session. This repetition, is it not a clear sign of doubts about god and his ability to not only hear, but also to deliver?

What is the difference between prayer and special prayer?

What volume of communication do you require from your loved ones in, lets say, a typical month?. You communicate when you wake up, communicate when you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and again before you go to sleep. You communicate many times during a typical date. This repetition, is it a clear sign of doubts about you and your ability to not only hear, but also to deliver?

What is the difference between communication and special communication?
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by ijawkid(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na so e pain you?

Why would you call Yahweh an attention love peddler out of the blues??....you need to check your head......
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
ijawkid:

Why would you call Yahweh an attention love peddler out of the blues??....you need to check your head......

Yaweh loves the attention

Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by ijawkid(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yaweh loves the attention

The same way your parents craved or maybe still crave(that's If you've not been ostracized ..lol) for your attention......
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
ijawkid:

The same way your parents craved or maybe still crave(that's If you've not been ostracized ..lol) for your attention......

Foolish reply
Re: How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 05, 2013
I do oo even if just a line. Stopped for a while but nobody told me before I realised I was playing with fire. Now I do it any chance I get even if am not going to bed immediately.

(1) (Reply)

SCOAN Building Collapse: What Nigerians Would Have Been Saying If MOG Died In It / Prophets (seers) Are "Intercessors" / See Who Mocked God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.