Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,011 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

Life As An Engineer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Life As An Engineer (707 Views)

An Engineer Needs An Advice / Advice Needed: Join The Millitary Or Become An Engineer / Female, Wants To Be An Engineer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As An Engineer by Freezle(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
I opened this thread in order for us to share our thoughts and experiences in school and in our various places of work, and those of us currently seeking a place of work, like me, are not exempted...
First and foremost, I graduated from Federal university of technology,Akure. where i studied Metallurgical and Materials Engineering as my first degree, after which i served my Nation(NYSC) in lagos state. After my service year,i decided to put in for my Master's degree in the University of Lagos, Akoka, in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering and majored in Material science(polymers). Since then I have been keeping my options opened by learning some courses that will improve my academic values and also seeking for a job.

So over to you....
Re: Life As An Engineer by gunpoint(m): 12:06am On Feb 03, 2013
B.eng Mechanical/Production Engineering, Enugu State University of science and technology 2004, Banking till date. As you guessd I'm having the time of my life angry(not)
Re: Life As An Engineer by ecolime(m): 4:50am On Feb 03, 2013
I studied Chemical engineering. I'm currently serving and will be passing out of service by June. I'm in a fix as to what to do incase a good job doesn't come up immediately after NYSC. Thinking of either going for a masters degree or securing a pay-free position an as intern in a good engineering/production related company so as to gather experience pending the time a good job comes my way. Guys, what do you think? I need your suggestions.
Re: Life As An Engineer by Freezle(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2013
@ecolime; nice hearing your own side! I guess you trying to keep your option open but you can still try going for your Master's while searching for a job.
Re: Life As An Engineer by Freezle(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2013
gunpoint: B.eng Mechanical/Production Engineering, Enugu State University of science and technology 2004, Banking till date. As you guessd I'm having the time of my life angry(not)

Hey! Is the bank stressful? I always run from banking application.
Re: Life As An Engineer by ecolime(m): 7:45am On Feb 03, 2013
Freezle: @ecolime; nice hearing your own side! I guess you trying to keep your option open but you can still try going for your Master's while searching for a job.
Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience On Your First Day At Work? / Kpmg Recruitment And Selection Process / British Army Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.