Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Best Nations Cup Match Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Nations Cup Match Ever (1054 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Ghanaian Player J Ayew's 'junk' On Display During World Cup Match / Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nations Cup Match Ever by blasterman(m): 12:56am On Feb 03, 2013
my best nations cup match was Nig vs Cam (2002) in which JJ scored that great freekick against cameroun. also the second goal scored by john utaka was very sweeting.

ghana vs guinea (titi camara was reigning then)very interesting
nigeria vs morroco (george findi goal)

most upseting

ghana vs nigeria (senegal 92 abedi pele yeye header)
cameroun vs nigeria (2:2 with controvesial victor ikpeba penalty)
Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2013
@Blasterman: Okocha and Utaka's goals against Cameroon were scored in AFCON 2004, not the 2002 AFCON.

My best Nations Cup matches were the Nigeria v Tunisia (2000); Nigeria v Senegal (2000); Nigeria v SA (2000); Nigeria v SA (2004); Nigeria v Cameroon (2004) and Nigeria v Tunisia (2006).
Those games were thoroughly enthralling, with great technical skills displayed by the Super Eagles.
Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by blasterman(m): 1:24am On Feb 03, 2013
CFCfan: @Blasterman: Okocha and Utaka's goals against Cameroon were scored in AFCON 2000, not the 2002 AFCON.

My best Nations Cup matches were the Nigeria v Tunisia (2000); Nigeria v Senegal (2000); Nigeria v SA (2000); Nigeria v SA (2004); Nigeria v Cameroon (2004) and Nigeria v Tunisia (2006).
Those games were thoroughly enthralling, with great technical skills displayed by the Super Eagles.

true talk i concur ESP nig vs senegal (enter julius aghahovA) a very tense match

1 Like

Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 03, 2013
blasterman:

true talk i concur ESP nig vs senegal (enter julius aghahovA) a very tense match

Yeah, Aghahowa rescued the game for Nigeria with his 2 goals. I remember Oliseh starting d game from the bench because of malaria.
Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 03, 2013
I will also add Cote D' Ivoire v Cameroon (2006 quarter final). That game was goalless at the end of 90 minutes, but Cote D' Ivoire scored first in extra time before Cameroon equalized.
Eventually, the Ivoriens prevailed in a marathon penalty shootout, winning by 21-20. shocked I think that shootout holds d record as the longest ever in a FIFA- sanctioned international tourney.

1 Like

Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by splashbaby(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2013
Most of u guys just started watching footbal...all memories were from 2000. Nothing in modern football is comparable to Ghana Vs CIV at senegal 1992 final and Nigeria Vs CIV Tunisia 1994. Algiers 90 final match beteen Nigeria and Algeria was a classic. Though Nigeria Vs Cameroun at the 2000 edidtion was beyond the ordinary. While Tunsia vs CIv when Drogba lost that penalty to hand over the cup to Tunisia was emphatic.

1 Like

Re: Best Nations Cup Match Ever by splashbaby(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2013
Most of u guys just started watching footbal...all memories were from 2000. Nothing in modern football is comparable to Ghana Vs CIV at senegal 1992 final and Nigeria Vs CIV Tunisia 1994. Algiers 90 final match beteen Nigeria and Algeria was a classic. Though Nigeria Vs Cameroun at the 2000 edidtion was beyond the ordinary. While Tunsia vs CIv when Drogba lost that penalty to hand over the cup to Tunisia was emphatic. coolMost of u guys just started watching footbal...all memories were from 2000. Nothing in modern football is comparable to Ghana Vs CIV at senegal 1992 final and Nigeria Vs CIV Tunisia 1994. Algiers 90 final match beteen Nigeria and Algeria was a classic. Though Nigeria Vs Cameroun at the 2000 edidtion was beyond the ordinary. While Tunsia vs CIv when Drogba lost that penalty to hand over the cup to Tunisia was emphatic.

(1) (Reply)

Photos And Fury At Suarez ‘bite’ Billboard / Some Of Jose Mourinho Lovely Quotes, So Lovely And Interesting Enjoy It. / Manchester United Players Embroiled.in Sextape Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.