Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical (3117 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Testimony Of Heaven And Hell And Rapture To Soon Happen By Pastor Rodolfo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

[img]http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1313178415025.jpg[/img]

no need to be,its inbuilt we are bound to make mistakes,(typos)
but you cant fault God.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by onetrack(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

but you cant fault God.

It is true that you cannot fault something for which there is no proof (god).
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

but you cant fault God.

You have problem
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

You have problem

heheheheheheheheheheheheee
what?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ironically, thank god for christians like you who resort to trolling. People like you get other christians to become atheists when they see that you can not defend your position on souls/hell and can only resort to annoying tactics.

Are you sure you are not talking to the wrong guy?

Short memory i guess.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

heheheheheheheheheheheheee
what?

smiley
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley

whats funny? my jeans is tighter than you think.besides i have got no flesh just bones on my ass.you are not gonna like it.
hehehehehehehehehe.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

whats funny? my jeans is tighter than you think.besides i have got no flesh just bones on my ass.you are not gonna like it.
hehehehehehehehehe.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you some gay pervert? Gaddem......mtchew
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you some gay pervert? Gaddem......mtchew

lol.rotflmao
you sure presented yourself as one.was only warning you
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

lol.rotflmao
you sure presented yourself as one.was only warning you
grin grin grin grin grin

Typical religious nutjob logic;

Supporting gay rights = being gay.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif[/img]
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Typical religious nutjob logic;

Supporting gay rights = being gay.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif[/img]

hehehehehehehehehehehehe.
you still smoking that shit?
cant believe you didn't see the humor. gush
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

hehehehehehehehehehehehe.
you still smoking that shit?
cant believe you didn't see the humor. gush

No one sees the humor being at the butt of a joke smiley
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

No one sees the humor being at the butt of a joke smiley

huh...... mehn
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif[/img][/quote]

i can say samething about your accusing me wrongly.

Smh.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
truthislight:

Smh.

Mtchew.....why not addrss the thread since you believe in souls?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
truthislight:

Smh.

who?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mtchew.....why not addrss the thread since you believe in souls?

the bible says that the man is the soul, the complete parkeage and not that there is something inside the man called soul.

It is you that had allowed the platonic lie to deceive you all this while.

Be it animal, a three(3) head man, fishes of all kinds, "they are all souls" .

Or, anything that have life with blood = soul.

As long it has life = soul.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:

who?

logic boy.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
truthislight:

the bible says that the man is the soul, the complete parkeage and not that there is something inside the man called soul.

It is you that had allowed the platonic lie to deceive you all this while.

Be it animal, a three(3) head man, fishes of all kinds, "they are all souls" .

Or, anything that have life with blood = soul.

As long it has life = soul.

So, do the siamese twins share one soul?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

So, do the siamese twins share one soul?

Wheather they shear four head as an entity they are soul.

The person(with blood) is the soul.

Irrespective of the shape.

If they are two person(with blood) they are two soul.

If siamese twins are resurected, they will not remain conjoined but will have seperate bodies.

If they make different decission they are accountable for the decission they make individually.

The action is first carried out in the mind befor the physical output, so, the action they decide upon is an individual thing.

Jesus says that:
"if someone continues to look at a woman as to developed passion for that person in his heart, he has already commited furnication with that person in hos heart".

To say "a person, there must be a mind",
The person = the mind/intelligence.
what that determinds what is a person, is the mind, intelligence.

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
truthislight:

Wheather they shear four head as an entity they are soul.

The person(with blood) is the soul.

Irrespective of the shape.

If siamese twins are resurected, they will not remain conjoined but will have seperate bodies.

If they make different decission they are accountable for the decission they make individually.

The action is first carried out in the mind befor the physical output, so, the action they decide upon is an individual thing.

Jesus says that:
"if someone continues to look at a woman as to developed passion for that person in his heart, he has already commited furnication with that person in hos heart".

To say "a person, there must be a mind",
The person = the mind/intelligence.
what that determinds what is a person, is the mind, intelligence.

Here are the problems with what you just said;

a) You are admitting that God put 2 souls in one body. Your God is erroneous since he is in charge of souls.
b) You have just added to the bible. Nowhere in the bible does it say that siamese twins will be separated in the afterlife.
c) Every individual action affects both of them, if one is an atheist, the other is unequally yoked with an unbeliever.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

a) You are admitting that God put 2 souls in one body. Your God is erroneous since he is in charge of souls.
b) You have just added to the bible. Nowhere in the bible does it say that siamese twins will be separated in the afterlife.
c) Every individual action affects both of them, if one is an atheist, the other is unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

1. They were supposed to be twins, no?

2. You seem to have forgetten that Yahweh did hands off in the garden of eden when he drove Adam and eve away.

That satan does not have the power to keep things going perfectly is the proplem here, and the reason Yahweh says he will intervene and remove all evil.

"And we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19).

Satan started what he could not control
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by UyiIredia(m): 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Actually, the idea of hell contradicts the idea of God as all-benevolent.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by AtheistD(m): 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
I am subscribing.

It is an interesting question and one that hasnt really been raised before.

In the old days they would have declared at birth that the conjoined twins were the spawn of satan and destroyed them....religious eugenics in action sad

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by honeychild(f): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

You did not get it. There are Christians who do not believe in the traditional soul ( I.e the immortal, immaterial part of a man which goes out when he dies.)

The Jehovah's Witnesses have been telling you for ages that the Bible does not teach an immortal soul. Soul is just a synonym for 'creature'. All living things: animals fish birds....are souls. The catholic definition of soul is a pagan invention (as are most things the Catholic church teaches.)

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
truthislight:

1. They were supposed to be twins, no?

2. You seem to have forgetten that Yahweh did hands off in the garden of eden when he drove Adam and eve away.

That satan does not have the power to keep things going perfectly is the proplem here, and the reason Yahweh says he will intervene and remove all evil.

"And we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19).

Satan started what he could not control

Satan is in charge of your souls?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
honeychild:

You did not get it. There are Christians who do not believe in the traditional soul ( I.e the immortal, immaterial part of a man which goes out when he dies.)

The Jehovah's Witnesses have been telling you for ages that the Bible does not teach an immortal soul. Soul is just a synonym for 'creature'. All living things: animals fish birds....are souls. The catholic definition of soul is a pagan invention (as are most things the Catholic church teaches.)

Without the catholic church, there wouldnt be jehovah's witness in the first place.

Does the Jehovah witness teach about heaven? If heaven is eternal, what part of man goes to heaven? Your soul theory aint complete bro
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Without the catholic church, there wouldnt be jehovah's witness in the first place.

Does the Jehovah witness teach about heaven? If heaven is eternal, what part of man goes to heaven? Your soul theory aint complete bro

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Corinthians 15:40-44).
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Satan is in charge of your souls?

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince(ruler) of this world be cast out. " (John 12:31).

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince(ruler) of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. " (John 14:30).

"Of judgment, because the prince(ruler) of this world is judged. " (John 16:11).

"we know that we that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked noe." (1 John 5:19).

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for it has been delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be yours." (Luke 4:5-7).

The bible is not written to meet your fancy.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 07, 2013
truthislight:

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince(ruler) of this world be cast out. " (John 12:31).

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince(ruler) of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. " (John 14:30).

"Of judgment, because the prince(ruler) of this world is judged. " (John 16:11).

"we know that we that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked noe." (1 John 5:19).

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for it has been delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be yours." (Luke 4:5-7).

The bible is not written to meet your fancy.

What is your point? God is not the originator and Satan is the one that puts souls in humans?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2013
you really need to learn to show understanding and not always thinking that every thing is about "debating".

I had shown you this:

"we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19).

So, why make this statement?:

Logicboy03:

What is your point? God is not the originator

Logicboy03:
and Satan is the one that puts souls in humans?

you dont impressed me one bit.
You keep going in circles.

I have shown you that the man is the soul.
the physical person is the soul.
Fishes and Animals.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).
............:...........

^^^

the man "came to be" a living soul.

"Came to be" a soul and not "put soul" into the man.

Stop the dancing and know that the bible is not responsible for the lies you had belief all this while.
Peace.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 07, 2013
truthislight: you really need to learn to show understanding and not always thinking that every thing is about "debating".

I had shown you this:

"we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19).

So, why make this statement?:

you dont impressed me one bit.
You keep going in circles.

I have shown you that the man is the soul.
the physical person is the soul.
Fishes and Animals.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).
............:...........

^^^

the man "came to be" a living soul.

"Came to be" a soul and not "put soul" into the man.

Stop the dancing and know that the bible is not responsible for the lies you had belief all this while.
Peace.

What is wrong with you? You are playing a very silly game.

Quoting random and ambigious bible passages that have no relations to the argument at hand and then claiming it supports your very unchristian views of souls is quite silly.

Not only that, your claim that the soul is the man or the animal makes your soul theory even more silly because you are inherently saying souls do not exist, especially as a partof man, it is just a synonym for man.

If God is the originator, he has to explain how he made the mistake of joining two souls in the case of the siamese twins. You can obfuscate all you want. You have to still answer this question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Btw A Sinner And An Unbeliever? / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (phd) / Predestination: Christians Kindly Contribute On This Subject 4 My Understanding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.