Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical (3107 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Testimony Of Heaven And Hell And Rapture To Soon Happen By Pastor Rodolfo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2013
I go this idea from looking at a picture on reddit;

Note that there are conjoined twins.

For those who believe in souls from God (which there is no evidence of), you would have to believe that God made a mistake of putting two souls into one body or that the conjoined twins share a soul.

Also then think about hell. If they share a soul or body, how would justice be done if one rejected god and the other accepted god? There is only one soul and so, where would it be put?

If there are two souls, you would then have to accept that god makse mistakes because souls are not a product of eveolution but by god. You would have to accept that god makes mistakes. Now if there are two souls in one body, which soul takes the blame for the body having premarital sex? Or having an abortion?
Do both souls get punished or does one always take the fall? Does it alternate?

Furthermore, you would have to revise your soul theory (for 2 souls) to reduce the soul to be a function of the brain/mind because that is what separates the twins in this case. Furthermore, you would also admit that the soul can leave the body while the body is still alive because one twin might dies still leaving the other alive.

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
Lol...i think they do die together,but hell fire theory is some real crappy crap.

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Bella3(f): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
Does conjoined body=conjoined soul?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bélla3: Does conjoined body=conjoined soul?

Good question. I am waiting for the soul believers to answer that one!

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
Beretta92: Lol...i think they do die together,but hell fire theory is some real crappy crap.

not always. Some conjoined twins have one twin dying as a baby so the other survives
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Bella3(f): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good question. I am waiting for the soul believers to answer that one!
Bt you made that conclusion in your op!
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Bella3(f): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

not always. Some conjoined twins have one twin dying as a baby so the other survives
Superstition?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bélla3: Bt you made that conclusion in your op!

Conclusion? Do I believe in souls? Did I not put two scenarios if there are 1 or 2 souls?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bélla3: Superstition?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Bella3(f): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Logicboy03:

Conclusion? Do I believe in souls? Did I not put two scenarios if there are 1 or 2 souls?
okay....
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
I would love to see Frosbels intake on this thread
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logic lacks premise to emperically arrive at accurate conclusion on any consciousness above third dimension. OP Siamese twins are a biological mistake. Co-joined physical body doesnt mean co-soul body, although souls get infused on the soul plane, its not so on the third dimension. Am on phone and may not be able to expound on this but logic is limited field of knowledge, when i studied logic i was atheist now i know beyond the realms of religion. What god is, is different from what religions teach
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Logic lacks premise to emperically arrive at accurate conclusion on any consciousness above third dimension. OP Siamese twins are a biological mistake. Co-joined physical body doesnt mean co-soul body, although souls get infused on the soul plane, its not so on the third dimension. Am on phone and may not be able to expound on this but logic is limited field of knowledge, when i studied logic i was atheist now i know beyond the realms of religion. What god is, is different from what religions teach

This is interesting! Please explain more! smiley
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Dipwater(m): 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
@bill
How far nau , I have missed ur lectures.pls keep it coming ,u are the beStest.
@topic and logic
Abeg leave this sheeps alone ,let them sheepishly follow their shepherd
Back to billy

I think u are an agnostic .we kinda have. Almost the same idea on the god topic
I biliv that a god is just an energy that sparked or caused things to happen
I biliv in spirituality but not in the same way the religious people biliv.and I don't call it spiritual cus that is their language .I call mine advance physics .which can be studied in schools so its not a big deal.let's not forget that water was in existence b4 the christian god decided to create the world .the xtian god claimed to separate water from land. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
Dipwater: @bill
How far nau , I have missed ur lectures.pls keep it coming ,u are the beStest.
@topic and logic
Abeg leave this sheeps alone ,let them sheepishly follow their shepherd
Back to billy

I think u are an agnostic .we kinda have. Almost the same idea on the god topic
I biliv that a god is just an energy that sparked or caused things to happen
I biliv in spirituality but not in the same way the religious people biliv.and I don't call it spiritual cus that is their language .I call mine advance physics .which can be studied in schools so its not a big deal.let's not forget that water was in existence b4 the christian god decided to create the world .the xtian god claimed to separate water from land. Thank u

Good good!

Well, I am not into spirituality but I prefer people to be spiritual more than religious. Spiritual people think deeply
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by onetrack(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good good!

Well, I am not into spirituality but I prefer people to be spiritual more than religious. Spiritual people think deeply

I also agree. I am also not spiritual, but if someone says that they believe in some vague kind of prime mover (i.e. Spinoza's god or panantheism), I never argue with them. It's when god is portrayed as anthropomorphic (i.e. the Abrahamic god) that I become grouchy.

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Dipwater(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good good!

Life is a mystery ,nobody knows it all.we learn everyday ,when u grasp some thing new u'll upgrade.
One big problem I have with the xtians is that they claim to be the only true religion and the only way to their god and if u fail to accept him as ur god u will be thrown into a lake of fire . Imagine!!

There is no such thing as a soul or spirit .all those things are fantastic lies.with all the spirits the xtians claim to posses and naija is still backward .most of the cars we drive here come from japan , a cuntry made up of 60 percent atheist. Very funny indeed.

We live once and die once ,no coming back and to going to imaginary heaven or hell .the bible is just an interesting story book. People shuldnt take the stories too serious .the stories are like cartoons ,we watch for fun chikena!

The only way we can break the shackles of poverty,excessive greed and illiteracy is by dumping organised religion bcuz it has made us lazy and stupid ,even if we decide to be foolish ,why can't we adopt our own traditional religion instead of importing a foreign god into our lifes .

Every gaddam thing in this cuntry is imported. That is why we cannot stop looking up to them like our superiors. I was caught up in an argument today with one yung man ,an engineer that came out of FUTO with 2.1, very intelligent yungman I must say, but messed up logically .when we approached a construction site that sprawled into a major road and caused heavy traffic .on spotting the white men on the site he said and I quote "kai na oyibo people even dey work here sef ,I been think say na naija contractors because oyibo people no dey do any how work " check it out

2 Likes

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
Dipwater:

Life is a mystery ,nobody knows it all.we learn everyday ,when u grasp some thing new u'll upgrade.
One big problem I have with the xtians is that they claim to be the only true religion and the only way to their god and if u fail to accept him as ur god u will be thrown into a lake of fire . Imagine!!

There is no such thing as a soul or spirit .all those things are fantastic lies.with all the spirits the xtians claim to posses and naija is still backward .most of the cars we drive here come from japan , a cuntry made up of 60 percent atheist. Very funny indeed.

We live once and die once ,no coming back and to going to imaginary heaven or hell .the bible is just an interesting story book. People shuldnt take the stories too serious .the stories are like cartoons ,we watch for fun chikena!

The only way we can break the shackles of poverty,excessive greed and illiteracy is by dumping organised religion bcuz it has made us lazy and stupid ,even if we decide to be foolish ,why can't we adopt our own traditional religion instead of importing a foreign god into our lifes .

Every gaddam thing in this cuntry is imported. That is why we cannot stop looking up to them like our superiors. I was caught up in an argument today with one yung man ,an engineer that came out of FUTO with 2.1, very intelligent yungman I must say, but messed up logically .when we approached a construction site that sprawled into a major road and caused heavy traffic .on spotting the white men on the site he said and I quote "kai na oyibo people even dey work here sef ,I been think say na naija contractors because oyibo people no dey do any how work " check it out

Well said. You're too much
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by onetrack(m): 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
Dipwater:

Oh it's just God testing his faithful believers, didn't you know that? Africans should accept being at the bottom of the Human Development Index and actually be happy with the current situation! Let's all praise Jesus/Allah/Olodumare!!!
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
onetrack:

Oh it's just God testing his faithful believers, didn't you know that? Africans should accept being at the bottom of the Human Development Index and actually be happy with the current situation! Let's all praise Jesus/Allah/Olodumare!!!

nice one but where are the soul apologists?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by onetrack(m): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

nice one but where are the soul apologists?

Oh all those beliefs are the same pig just with different lipstick
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03, I will advise you desist from being too outlandish in your atheist belief system and give respect to others who so believe in existences of deity, Deity, gods and God. Should you find reason to believe in existences beyond the third dimension, what will you say to those threads of yours chastizing and insulting the theists. Lets keep it civil here but lets always fight when its the Politics Section. I am a fighter in Political Opinions but spirituality, like science is proveable, but religion may not be. So Logic03, you need to advance beyond Logic and research into dimensions beyond the third using any tool possible cos Logic lack premise for any accurate conclusions on fields beyond 3rd dimension and thats where spirituality begins. See you around on this great Section of the porous Nairaland.b

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by onetrack(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Logicboy03, I will advise you desist from being too outlandish in your atheist belief system

Obvious irony aside, what is outlandish about an atheist belief system that is not surpassed by beliefs in Jewish zombies, flying horses and other such absurdities found in religion that are a part of many people's lives?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Logicboy03, I will advise you desist from being too outlandish in your atheist belief system and give respect to others who so believe in existences of deity, Deity, gods and God. Should you find reason to believe in existences beyond the third dimension, what will you say to those threads of yours chastizing and insulting the theists. Lets keep it civil here but lets always fight when its the Politics Section. I am a fighter in Political Opinions but spirituality, like science is proveable, but religion may not be. So Logic03, you need to advance beyond Logic and research into dimensions beyond the third using any tool possible cos Logic lack premise for any accurate conclusions on fields beyond 3rd dimension and thats where spirituality begins. See you around on this great Section of the porous Nairaland.b

Cool. However, I am afraid of your 3rd dimension.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Cool. However, I am afraid of your 3rd dimension.
You are sincere about that fear, its called fear of unknown, unknown because you have no knowledge of it. 3rd dimension is the physical reality of life oas we see with the eyes. I guess you should have said you have limited knowledge of dimensions beyond the 3rd cos 3 - dimension is our everyday view.
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Billyonaire: You are sincere about that fear, its called fear of unknown, unknown because you have no knowledge of it. 3rd dimension is the physical reality of life oas we see with the eyes. I guess you should have said you have limited knowledge of dimensions beyond the 3rd cos 3 - dimension is our everyday view.

Look. I hope you watched prometheus- did you see what happened to the people who wanted to know beyond what they should know?
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2013
Bélla3: Superstition?
its true.it happen in naija in d 80's and d survivor is still alive
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by justaqad(m): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03: I go this idea from looking at a picture on reddit;

For those who believe in souls from God (which there is no evidence of), you would have to believe that God made a mistake of putting two souls into one body or that the conjoined twins share a soul.

Also then think about hell. If they share a soul or body, how would justice be done if one rejected god and the other accepted god? There is only one soul and so, where would it be put?

If there are two souls, you would then have to accept that god makse mistakes because souls are not a product of eveolution but by god. You would have to accept that god makes mistakes. Now if there are two souls in one body, which soul takes the blame for the body having premarital sex? Or having an abortion?

Furthermore, you would have to revise your soul theory (for 2 souls) to reduce the soul to be a function of the brain/mind because that is what separates the twins in this case. Furthermore, you would also admit that the soul can leave the body while the body is still alive because one twin might dies still leaving the other alive.

@the bolded.
i understand its typo,but still God does not make mistakes humans do.
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
justaqad:
@the bolded.
i understand its typo,but still God does not make mistakes humans do.
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

[img]http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1313178415025.jpg[/img]
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
onetrack:

Oh all those beliefs are the same pig just with different lipstick

Funny how the soul apologists have run away from this thread. smiley

1 Like

Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by truthislight: 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03: I go this idea from looking at a picture on reddit;

cool

cool
Re: Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
truthislight: cool

cool

Ironically, thank god for christians like you who resort to trolling. People like you get other christians to become atheists when they see that you can not defend your position on souls/hell and can only resort to annoying tactics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Prophecy About Isreal And Gaza (from Quran) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / The Secrets Of Tithing (never Waste Your Tithes Again!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.