Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,542 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (648 Views)

Parents: If You Discover Your Child Is A Gay Or Lesbian. / Closed now / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by niyoni: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
Re: . by Jellitah: 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
As children. . . MANY of us felt that way. . .because we were nor allowed to do as we wished.

TORY TORY. . .TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!! E badu belle and e jolosi. . . NOR QUENCH O! tongue

I remember one time when one of my sibling decided we should all run away and abandon my dad because he was "too strict". We voted 3-1 not to. The only one that succeeded in getting past the house was HOUNDED DOWN by my darling mom. . . AND BUNDLED BACK IN SEVERALL PIECES! grin No. . .I was not the one o! Arggggggggggggggh. . . I did not have such GUTS! And I ain't telling which one did. WE STILL LAUGH TO PISSES till this day. MY DAD did NOT find it funny. . . !

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

PAPA CAME BACK FROM WORK AND YOURS TRULY DISAPPEARED FROM THE HOUSE WITH BAG AND BAGGAGE! He asked us? WHERE IS 'ASSSHIEDUN'?. . . his nick-name for the culprit. . . We looked at him with tears in our eyes and said. . .'RAN AWAY'!
He shouted! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT? TO WHERE?. . . .luckily. . .she-he was just down the street with my mom! cool She-He? was not gone for more than 6 hours!

Both housmaid o. . .children o. . . suffered the consequences of his WRATH! Serious dress down. No koboko this time. THE TENSE DRAMATIC SITUATION WAS ENOUGH TRAUMA! cry

The good old days I tellya. . . so much fun and laffs!

Well as an adult. . . THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT WOULD HAVE MADE ME CHANGE MY PARENTS. . . .NOT THEN, NOT NOW. Especially, when I compare my life then and now to other children I grew up with. . .with CHEQUERED domestic situations.

NEVER!!!! EVEN IF I HAD THE CHOICE THE WILL AND THE POWER!!! cool
I LOVE YOU MOMMY!
I LOVE YOU DADDY!

WE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY KAMPKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ALL COMPLETE!!! cool

ALL GRADUATES AND SETTLED!
No teif. . .no ritualist. . . no disease. . . .AMEN!!!!

Re: . by SamMilla1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Quit asking silly questions.
People disown their parents etc.
They just gave birth to you which is a kind of repayment for someone giving birth to them.
Whatever you think they did for you was as a result of faulty govt that refused to recognize the rights of its citizens. Because govt take care of people in western world, children call police on their parents and that in itself shows that they are not really perfect.

Forget that sentimental '9 months in the belly' crap. They also lived their first 9 months somewhere too. Respect them, heed slme of their advices and move on. Yea, i could change mine if i have to.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
..NO!...I wont change my parents, but I'll gladly substitute my eldest brother for Mikel Obi or 2face Idibia.

1 Like

Re: . by sholay2011(m): 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Never!!!

Orisiirisii thread sha.
Re: . by saintvc(m): 4:10am On Feb 04, 2013
Never
Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 5:14am On Feb 04, 2013
Well, i love my mum to bits, i cant.......but my dad, (now late), i can if it was possible......but d irony of it all is dt, its not possible for anyne to do, one can change d caretaker, but no one can change any of d biological parent.
Re: . by aadetoyin(f): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2013
I would never ever try to change them.
My mum is so selfless n caring. She was very strict while we were growing up but now am older n I see her in a different light. I love her so much. She is always concerned about her children. Mama ni yen.
I wouldnt change my Dad too, he pampered us silly but died too early. If I can change anything it would be for him to still be alive.
My people, cherish ur folks wen you still have them
Re: . by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2013
Change is the unchangeable law of progress. People change.so,i can change my parents attitude towards life by communicating my convictions & reasoning with them.
Any other form of change is unrealistic and unworthy of consideration.
Re: . by laidol(f): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
I will gladly change my father if i had the opportunity. All my life he has been an headache and we are always settling one issue or the other. Just 2months ago, he sold d family house wout my mums consent even though all capital and operating expenses were almost equally shared in over 40yrs of their marriage. My mum worked for thirty years in an old generation bank but built no personal house of her own. All she has now are her 3 surviving children. If i could change my dad, i would gladly do that
Re: . by Emmyk(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nope
Re: . by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sam Milla: Quit asking silly questions.
People disown their parents etc.
They just gave birth to you which is a kind of repayment for someone giving birth to them.
Whatever you think they did for you was as a result of faulty govt that refused to recognize the rights of its citizens. Because govt take care of people in western world, children call poloce on their parents and that in itself shows that they are not really perfect.

Forget that sentimental '9 months in the belly' crap. They also lived their first 9 months somewhere too. Respect them, heed spme of their advices and move on. Yea, i could change mine if i have to.
you just said my mind
Re: . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
aadetoyin: I would never ever try to change them.
My mum is so selfless n caring. She was very strict while we were growing up but now am older n I see her in a different light. I love her so much. She is always concerned about her children. Mama ni yen.
I wouldnt change my Dad too, he pampered us silly but died too early. If I can change anything it would be for him to still be alive.
My people, cherish ur folks wen you still have them
u re so lucky

(1) (Reply)

When Do You Think Is The Right Time To Stop Carring Family Burden. / What's the Most Amazing April Fool’s Day Prank You Have Heard Or Done? / Nigerian Baby Buried Alive And Still Breathing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.