Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,144 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

LOVE: The Essence Of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LOVE: The Essence Of Christianity (828 Views)

The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LOVE: The Essence Of Christianity by prairie(f): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is always patient and kind: it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sin but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes; love does not come to an end(timeless). I find this scripture reading timely, because we are in the month of love, some people have a twisted meaning of love, infact the word love is the most misused and abused word by the media. But saint paul takes us back to the meaning of love in his letter to the corinthians, the holy bible says 'I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets I may have all the faith needed to move mountains but if I have no LOVE i am NOTHING' corinthians thirteen. In the christian life love doesnt seem to be everything, love IS everything. Everyone loved Jesus because gracious words filled his lips, he told us to LOVE God with all our heart, LOVE OUR ENEMIES and love our neighbours as ourselves. Our world today
Re: LOVE: The Essence Of Christianity by prairie(f): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
******* Is filled with people who need to be understood, take time to know their stories, do not judge them mattew 7:2 you never know if you are going to be in their shoes someday. Put love into action, i do not mean sexual love but filial love and love for neighbour, the bible says how can you love God when you do not love your neighbour? Jesus also said, whatsoever you do to the least of your brothers, that you do unto me. Jesus is inviting us to see him in that lowly beggar on the street or the little boy who has nothing to eat. Some people are not on talking terms with their parents, Jesus is telling us today to tell them you love them, because you never know when you will lose them. Let that be our assignment this month of love, let us look at people with the eyes of love love not that of judgement , the bible says the three most important gifts is FAITH HOPE and LOVE and the GREATEST of these is LOVE. Let us pray to God to help us live our christian lives in his love and help us love our neighbour as ourselves. May the grace and peace of the Lord be with you all

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's Prophecy & It's Manifestation On The AFCON Glory. / Bible Gets Cosmology Completely Wrong / Professor Makes Students Step On Jesus' Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.