Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead (796 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / Russian Sniper Kills World Female Terrorist 'white Wiidow' Samantha / 'most Lethal Sniper In US History': Chris Kyle Shot Dead On Texas Gun Range (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead by tyson55(m): 4:23am On Feb 04, 2013
Iraq veteran and ex-US Navy seal Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in US history, has been shot dead on a Texas shooting range, reports say.

His body was found at Rough Creek Lodge range on Saturday with that of another man. A suspect was arrested.

Mr Kyle, 38, wrote the 2012 bestseller American Sniper, about the psychology of a sniper, in which he said that he had killed more than 250 people.

He served four tours of duty in Iraq and was decorated for bravery.

The gunman opened fire at about 15:30 local time (21:30 GMT) then fled in a pick-up truck belonging to one of the victims, local media reported.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said the motive for the killings was unclear, and was unable to explain how the two men were shot.

But he said a 25-year-old suspect was detained five hours later more than 70 miles (110 km) from the scene.

Scott McEwen, who co-authored the book with Kyle, said: "It just comes as a shock and it's staggering to think that after all Chris has been through, that this is how he meets his end, because there are so many ways he could have been killed."

'The Devil'

Mr Kyle, a former cowboy, is regarded as the most prolific sniper the US has ever seen.

Official Pentagon figures say he killed 160 people, but he estimated the total was 255.

According to army intelligence, he was nicknamed "The Devil" by Iraqi insurgents, who put a $20,000 (£13,000) bounty on his head.

He appeared to show little remorse for his victims.

"Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad," he told the BBC in an interview a year ago.

"When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for but killing any of those people is not one of them."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21313208
Re: Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead by jessybarbie(f): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2013
I guess the Iraqi's finally caught up with him. RIP
Re: Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead by ozodimgba(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2013
Man be careful as there is a thin line between justice and injustice, he who kills by the sword shall die by ............ and he who kills by gun shall also die by it. No be today talk now.

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead by Frazy(f): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hmmm... Good guy with a gun undecided
Re: Deadliest Sniper In US History Shot Dead by White007(m): 5:10am On Feb 05, 2013
Frazy: Hmmm... Good guy with a gun undecided

Lol
Lapeer! Hun?

You can not kill 100's of people and live happily after. He had 2 choices to be killed or to commit suicide . Statistic - 6500 us solders/veterans committed suicide in 2012.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kweku Baako: Ghana Needs Spiritual Healing / Ukraine Seeks To Join NATO / Why Is Oil Price Falling ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.