Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl (4551 Views)

Cleveland Browns Vs Baltimore Ravens Live Stream Nfl Online / Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens Vs San Francisco 49ers / Congratulations Baltimore Ravens!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Maxymilliano(m): 7:19am On Feb 04, 2013
Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl 34-31 but have to withstand San Francisco 49ers comeback after power outage stops play for 34 minutes.

The lights went down on Ray Lewis's controversial and remarkable NFL career on Sunday night, the Baltimore Ravens linebacker signing off with a victory at Super Bowl XLVII. But on an eventful night at the Louisiana Superdome, the linebacker's story played second fiddle to that of a more literal kind of black-out.

The San Francisco 49ers trailed the Baltimore Ravens 28-6 when a power outage at the Louisiana Superdome provided Super Bowl XLVII with its defining moment. Less than two minutes had been played in the second half when the stadium's main electricity supply was cut, triggering emergency lighting. For the next 34 minutes, confusion reigned – a reduced public address service barely was audible in much of the stadium, though it was delivering little clear information in any case.

San Francisco handled the disruption better than their opponents, scoring 17 unanswered points and shaving Baltimore's lead to two once play resumed. Baltimore, though, clung on for their second Super Bowl victory. In the end it was not Lewis who had been the star so much as the Ravens' quarterback Joe Flacco and receiver Jacoby Jones.

Flacco said: "I don't think it's going to settle in for a while. We don't make anything easy. it was a hard fought game on both sides. I think we gave the country a pretty good game to watch. Not to our liking necessarily, but that's the way it goes sometimes and that's the way we do things."Flacco and Jones were the players responsible for building the Ravens' lead.

Flacco, who would later be named the game's Most Valuable Player, threw three first-half touchdown passes – the last of them to Jones – while the receiver followed that up by returning the opening kickoff of the second-half 108 yards for a score. In doing so he equaled the NFL's all-time record for longest ever return. For a New Orleans native playing in his old hometown, this was a special evening.

It was a remarkable night for John Harbaugh, too. The Ravens head coach was able to celebrate a victory over his own younger brother, Jim, who holds the corresponding position with the 49ers.

The pair shared an embrace on the field before the game, and then another as the confetti fell at the end.

http://m.guardiannews.com/sport/2013/feb/04/baltimore-ravens-win-super-bowl-xlvii

Picture of Ray Lewis lifts the Vince Lombardi Trophy after Baltimore Ravens' victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Maxymilliano(m): 7:23am On Feb 04, 2013
Congrats to the Baltimore Ravens on winning the Super Bowl and big ups to the Nigerian duo of Kelechi Osemele and James Ihedigbo who helped Baltimore Ravens win the Super Bowl...
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Maxymilliano(m): 9:47am On Feb 04, 2013
Synopsis of The Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States, culminating a season that begins in the late summer of the previous calendar year.

The day on which the Super Bowl is played, now considered by some a de facto American national holiday is called " Super Bowl Sunday ". It is the second-largest day for U.S. food consumption, after Thanksgiving Day. In addition, the Super Bowl has frequently been the most watched American television broadcast of the year.

The Super Bowl is also among the most watched sporting events in the world , almost all being North American audiences, and is second to football (soccer)’s UEFA Champions League final as the most watched annual sporting event worldwide.

Because of its high viewership, commercial airtime during the Super Bowl broadcast is the most expensive of the year. Due to the high cost of investing in advertising on the Super Bowl, companies regularly develop their most expensive advertisements for this broadcast.

In addition, many popular singers and musicians have performed during the event's pre-game and halftime ceremonies because of the exposure.

Below is picture of Singer Beyonce and Destiny Child performing during the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on February 3, 2013, in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Whats SuperBowl ?
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by condralbede(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Who is baltimore raven
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Jerrygotswagg(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Power outage in USA, wetin NEPA go find for new orleans# Guess our NEPA IS WORLDWIDE, so dnt blame nigeria alone for power failure, it happens everywhere even in USA....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by aniffy4eva(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
embarassed i was rooting for the 49ers... especially for Colin Kaepernick....
It was an interesting game though.. particularly after the Power Outage...
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by bbulldog(m): 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Passing by !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Fourcade(m): 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Whats SuperBowl ?

The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL).
Now ask me what NFL means undecided

2 Likes

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by dasparrow: 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
@Post

What concerns we Nigerians with super bowl? Do you see the americans bother themselves with AFCON? Inferiority complex at work!

2 Likes

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Ezyp(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
The thing pain me say my man LECRAE no perform again during d superbowl half time show.....Beyonce try sha
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Ganys: 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
So....na football event, I be dey think say na rubby
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Delafruita(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

What concerns we Nigerians with super bowl? Do you see the americans bother themselves with AFCON? Inferiority complex at work!
you didnt need to comment.the fact that you watch nothing more than soccer doesnt mean others are as laid back as you are.besides,hypocrisy is when you watch the english premiership and begrudge those that watch the NFL.i for one cannot endure sitting 90minutes to watch a soccer match,i rather hear the scores after but i can sit through a tennis match for four hours.its all about preferences.i can gladly say i sat through the superbowl and it was a great game of football

@topic......i wasnt really looking forward to this bowl as i was the giants-patriots game of last year.however,twas a great game of football.great fight from the 49ers and no better way for lewis to take his bow.

1 Like

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by theripper2: 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mtscheeeeew, wetin concern agbero with overload? Na dat sport wey dem dey flog themselves stick?
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by ivili(m): 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
condralbede: Who is baltimore raven
super bowl is a type of bowl that americans use in eating eba,fufu,amala,pounded yam and sometimes ewa-agonyi.

1 Like

Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
the_ripper2: Mtscheeeeew, wetin concern agbero with overload? Na dat sport wey dem dey flog themselves stick?

grin grin
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by ivili(m): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Whats SuperBowl ?
super bowl is a type of bowl that americans use in eating food like eba,amala,fufu,pounded yam and sometimes ewa-agonyi.
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Power outage in USA, wetin NEPA go find for new orleans# Guess our NEPA IS WORLDWIDE, so dnt blame nigeria alone for power failure, it happens everywhere even in USA....

Don't even compare the power outage that happened during the game to Nigerian power aoutages. It was small section of the stadium that had power outage due to power surge. It was rectify about thirty minutes later. Didn't you see power in most part of the stadium during the power outage? As a matter of fact, the game could have continued because there was power in more than 90% part of the stadium. Everything was still visible during the outage.
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by dayleke: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
It was a lovely game,
UP RAVENS!!!!!!!
Took me only 20mins to get to work instead of the usual 45mins,
the roads were deserted because the whole of Baltimore was inside watching the game
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww undecided

when is CAF Champions League stating?
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Good game, saw it briefly but couldn't stay on it cos of AFCON.
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by mrkels(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Best Ad of the super bowl..I Was super calm Super Ball Ad

Please Watch
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by begwong: 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
aniffy4eva: embarassed i was rooting for the 49ers... especially for Colin Kaepernick....
Are u by chance related to AFAM4EVA
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by pyyxxaro: 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
BALTIMORE RAVENS IS AN R&B MUSICIAN IN U.S grin tongue .....HE JUST WON AN AWARD CALLED SUPER BOWL tongue
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
I'm really happy because a team from Baltmore won it. It's interesting to note that the coaches of the two teams are brothers and the family vowed to spend more time with whichever of the two brothers that loses the game.
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
I was rooting for the 49ers...sad sad
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Arcard(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
I prefer watchn rugby dan da pause nd play game clld american football. I think dy cll it time out, so dull nd boring
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
aniffy4eva: embarassed i was rooting for the 49ers... especially for Colin Kaepernick....
Same here. Clearly, the 49ers needed that power outage..
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by nduchucks: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
U.S. Nepa take light during dat game. De ting take demand 30 minutes to fictions. At least. Nepa. No dey take light when Eagles dey play match. smiley
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
ItsModella: I was rooting for the 49ers...sad sad
Why? Do you live in San Fransisco?
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by RedLight1: 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
i thought 49ers would win sad... it was nice game anyway
Re: Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl by Symphony007: 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Beyonce was the real winner last night!! She was smoking hot!!! And who would have taught for a second the u.s can experience power outage at such a grand event? At least no matter how bad nigeria is, we've never had a power outage at any international event we hosted!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Golf In Nigeria / Breaking: South African Ex-footballer, Marc Batchelor Shot Dead In Johannesburg / It's Obvious Cristiano Ronaldo Is No Longer Good (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.