Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Eagles: Federal Character Vs Best Players? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles: Federal Character Vs Best Players? (520 Views)

8 Of The Best Players Never To Have Won A Top-flight League Title / Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eagles: Federal Character Vs Best Players? by Pizzanatty(m): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2013
The superlative performance of d SE yesterday against there Ivorian Counterpart in Quarterfinals of AFCON 13' was no doubt a huge success to the team which has brought smiles to the face of many Nigerians and unity,because most people had already written them off,but the Keshi led SE took on to the pitch with determination and courage and came out victorious...

But to my amazement,i stumble on a thread linked to one NUJ member discrediting the Team on the grounds that 'FEDERAL CHARACTER' principle was not use as criteria during player selection prior to the tournament,he went as far as arguing that even Obafemi(Yoruba) was listed etc and that the team was made up of Igbo...

My question is Should federal character be a yardstick or criteria for player selection in the national team OR the best players be selected to represent this nation,but as long as they are the best ?

Your candid opinion ....personally my take on this is...the best leg should be selected as against federal character....even if the entire team is from a LGA as long as they are the best and will justify there inclusion...

Congrats once again to the Eagles!

(1) (Reply)

The Morning After Defeat- Ivory Coast (picture) / Wetin Our Senate President Been Even Wear Yesterday Sef? / Super Eagles Are Cashing In Big Time After Their Very Successful AFCON Tournamen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.