Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Movie: The Heart Of Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Movie: The Heart Of Man (726 Views)

The Heart Of A True Believer~ A New Romantic Story / From The Heart Of A Sapiosexual... / The Heart Of A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie: The Heart Of Man by ChikaSunday(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2013
THE HEART OF MAN

SYPNOSIS
There is a wilderness in marriage: many families went through it unscathed; some scathed; others vanquished. Would Nasa and Zack survive? The heart of ma--n.

FELIX CHIKA-SUNDAY

Of

WISEHEADS GALAXY
Ablase with Ideas & Run with Technology
wiseheadsgalaxy@yahoo.com, bloodofjesusinme@yahoo.com

SCENE1: DAY

EXTERIOR: IN FRONT OF A HOUSE
An action theme starts underground as camera shows a woman, Nasa, 25 Year old, average height with T-shirt and jean knickers burst open a door, running out and slamming it back while she bolts shouting “yea! Yea!” jumping over the balcony in a premonition as the door opens again to reveal her 32 year old tall Husband, Zack tagging a wrapper on his shoulders. holding out a bag containing two condoms while on her pursuit.

NASA
Yea! Yea!
[She runs towards the gate]

ZACK
Why are you running? Eh? Why are you running? Don’t ever come back to this house again: don’t eve--r!
[He is holding out a bag containing two condoms while on her pursuit but grabs and aims a bottle at her]

NASA
[Turns in time to see the weapon flying towards her]
Yea! God!
[She dodges and closes the gate behind her quickly]
God! Hnm, hnm.

ZACK
Just 6 months after our wedding, just 6 months! You’re keeping condoms for other women, keeper! Keeper! You’re deceiving yourself! You’re deceiving yourself. Basta--rd ashawo: Bad daughter of a good mother. Don’t ever come back to this house again: don’t eve--r! I--gbaraja! (LovePeddler-Ika dialect in Delta state)
[He walks away closing the door behind him]

SCENE2: DAY 4 HOURS 30 MINUTES LATER

EXTERIOR: ON A BROKEN DOWN TRUCK IN FRONT OF A SHOP
A sorrowful theme begins to play underground as camera gives a shot to a little girl sweeping at the front of a shop and Nasa sitting beside a pack of smoozy yoghurt on a broken down truck in a street; her tears roll down her cheeks.

NASA
God; you know that I’ve told him the truth: that the condoms belong to Jessica who doesn’t want another pregnancy: since they have 2 sets of twins already. No; I will go back. It’s my matrimonial home.
[She stands up. She walks away in a camera long shot]

SCENE3: DAY

EXTERIOR: NASA WORKING ON THE GENERATOR
The sorrowful theme continues as camera views Nasa squatting beside the generator, looses the plug and the foam filter covering, shedding tears. She works on the head of the plug still shedding tears.

INTERIOR: ZACK SLEEPS IN THE DARK

ZACK
[He wakes up suddenly as the light comes up.
Wao! Light?
[He scrolls his eyes in awe and he rushes out of bed]
Then Zicky must be is around!
Zicky! Zicky boy! Are you back? Zicky! Zicky where are you? Zicky
[He gets to dining table, sees the smoozy yoghurt]
Hnmm, smoozy: this is my favorite yoghurt.
[He grabs 1 quickly, sucks excitedly while moving to the front door]

EXTERIOR:
Camera views the working generator, tools lying beside it; the oil stains on the floor and the piece of dirty rag, no Zicky.
ZACK
O boy! Where are you? Zicky!
[Zack arrives to a halt seeing Nasa on a ladder repairing the outside light while sobbing.]

ZACK
What are you doing there? Eh? Didn’t I ask you never to return to this compound again?
[The half consumed yoghurt still in his hands as he advances slowly]

ZACK
I said what are you doing here?
[He barks advancing more menacingly]
Sorrowful theme starts playing underground

NASA
[Looks at him once, stifles some tears and climbs down slowly. She reaches the ground and subsequently kneels down crying the more, opening her two hands wide in exhaustion, counting her speech.]
I have told you the truth: the condoms are not mine; they belong to Jessica who doesn’t want another pregnancy, since they have 2 sets of twins already. I have never cheated on you; and I’d never. I thought it was a simple idea when I agreed to buy the condoms out for her. I’m sorry.
ZACK
You’re sorry? No Idea is simple, when you need to plant it in somebody else’s mind.
[His face is confused, with stuttering lips]

NASA
I’m sorry; please forgive me. I repaired the generator; I’ve repaired this outside light.
[She motions at the glowing bulb with her tears filled eyes]
I bought the smoozy yoghurt.
Blessed is the good husband who would forgive such a sorrowful and sincere wife for all her mistakes.
[More of her tears burst forth]
The sorrowful theme increases its tempo underground.

...To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Being Poor, Secured And Happy Or Being Rich, Insecured And Unhappy. / A Typical Nairaland Thread / As A Writer What Android App Has Increased Your Productivity And Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.