Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Please Help Me With My Faith - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Please Help Me With My Faith (655 Views)

To Him We Belong: My Journey, My Faith / Hadith Explanation – “say I Affirm My Faith In Allah & Then .." / I Am Having Troubles With My Faith In Islam. Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me With My Faith by maclatunji: 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Salam Alaykum, No... this is not about me. grin It is about what you are about to read next sent to me by a sister who would like to remain anonymous.

I av a little problem n i need u to advise me. Alhamdulillah, i discovered the truth about the hijab 2 years ago n i av been wearing it since then. Wen i wanted to start, i assumed that wearing the hijab will help me improve my spiritual life. But it hasnt been so. D last time i prayed tahajjud was during d last ramadaan. I am openin d Qur'an 4 d 1st time in months 2day. Even my daily salawaat has become epileptic. Yet people see me as a 'righteous' person and even ask me questions abt Islam. I'm gettin worried.

Pls, what do u think is happenin n wat do u think i can do?

JazakumLlahu Khairan

So people, what advice do you have for her?
Re: Please Help Me With My Faith by tbaba1234: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
maclatunji: Salam Alaykum, No... this is not about me. grin It is about what you are about to read next sent to me by a sister who would like to remain anonymous.

I av a little problem n i need u to advise me. Alhamdulillah, i discovered the truth about the hijab 2 years ago n i av been wearing it since then. Wen i wanted to start, i assumed that wearing the hijab will help me improve my spiritual life. But it hasnt been so. D last time i prayed tahajjud was during d last ramadaan. I am openin d Qur'an 4 d 1st time in months 2day. Even my daily salawaat has become epileptic. Yet people see me as a 'righteous' person and even ask me questions abt Islam. I'm gettin worried.

Pls, what do u think is happenin n wat do u think i can do?

JazakumLlahu Khairan

So people, what advice do you have for her?

Assalamualaikum sister,

First of all, it is a good thing that you worry about your spiritual life.

We all go through up and downs. I would give you some of the things that have worked for me, personally.

1. Set three Alarms before Fajr The first- 30 mins before to say tahajjud, The Second just before Fajr, The last: 20-30 mins before the end of fajr.

If you wake up after the first Alarm constantly. Saying tahajjud will be routine before fajr.

2. Build a relationship with the Quran at fajr. Recite the Quran after fajr with the translation. Just a page everyday. Also Memorise an ayat everyday.

3. Ramadan is usually easier to do acts of Ibadah because the satan is locked up, even muslims that drink alcohol have the courage to stop drinking during Ramadan. Do not worry about a drop in acts of Ibadah after Ramadan. It happens to everyone. Just work on getting yourself back up by building good habits.

4. The Hijab is not an automatic pass to righteousness, in Islam, you never reach a safe status. We are all striving, all of us.

Keep Striving, sister....

Asaalam Aleikum
Re: Please Help Me With My Faith by Zhulfiqar1: 12:56am On Feb 05, 2013
tbaba1234:

Assalamualaikum sister,

First of all, it is a good thing that you worry about your spiritual life.

We all go through up and downs. I would give you some of the things that have worked for me, personally.

1. Set three Alarms before Fajr The first- 30 mins before to say tahajjud, The Second just before Fajr, The last: 20-30 mins before the end of fajr.

If you wake up after the first Alarm constantly. Saying tahajjud will be routine before fajr.

2. Build a relationship with the Quran at fajr. Recite the Quran after fajr with the translation. Just a page everyday. Also Memorise an ayat everyday.

3. Ramadan is usually easier to do acts of Ibadah because the satan is locked up, even muslims that drink alcohol have the courage to stop drinking during Ramadan. Do not worry about a drop in acts of Ibadah after Ramadan. It happens to everyone. Just work on getting yourself back up by building good habits.

4. The Hijab is not an automatic pass to righteousness, in Islam, you never reach a safe status. We are all striving, all of us.

Keep Striving, sister....

Asaalam Aleikum

in the time of Adam (as) ,when it was announced that one of the angels/near ones to Allah would disobey Allah and fall from favor,the angels were very worried.each one of them was praying and wanting to avoid that.Iblis (satan) appeared to the angel and told them not to worry that he would pray for them. wink grin
Re: Please Help Me With My Faith by zayhal(f): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^ what's your point?
Re: Please Help Me With My Faith by BetaThings: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Angels (not jinns) have started disobeying Allah
There is nothing some people will not say

(1) (Reply)

Have U Notice?? / The Exact Way Of Performing Ghuslul-janaabat ( Spiritual Bath) / Lecture Invite: Dr Sharafdeen Gbadebo Rooji In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.