Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,841 members, 7,956,167 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

What Will You Do For Money? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Will You Do For Money? (813 Views)

Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / Craziest Thing You've Done for Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Whenever I go on NL and before reading ten lines down, there’s always at least something negative about Nigerians which is usually motivated by the pursuit of money.

An example is the news this morning about 18 Nigerians facing the hangman’s noose in Indonesia, a country that explicitly states the death penalty for drug trafficking (I do not agree with capital punishment by the way). shocked Oh no, these guys thought it was child’s play and went against the rules to move illegal drugs.

With that said, a lot of people are quick to judge and beat them down and rightly so, however when these things happen, we need to start asking questions and trying to understand what goes on in the minds of these people to make them wanna take such deathly chances

I came to the conclusion that our society plays a huge part in this by placing too much emphasis on material things that you start to think, once you have money, you will be happy.

No, this ain’t true because money does not equate happiness no matter how much of it you have. That 15 year old boy needs to know life isn’t all about money or driving the latest Camaro. If only Nigerian parents will make it a duty to ensure their children understand that while they should work towards being successful, driving a Mercedes does not mean you’ll be happy and what is all that money if you have no happiness in your life?

If you’ve had the opportunity to meet people from different countries, you can tell that a lot of Nigerians believe the only way to be happy is to be rich. This is even reflected online as most responses on threads about deriving satisfactions tend to go towards acquiring material things.

Don’t get me wrong, It’s good to be ambitious and it’s good to want a good life for yourself and your family but there has to be a limit which a lot of my country men don’t seem to have.

After so much rambling, I can safely say that we are a materialistic society and I really just wanna know what it is that you will/will not do for money, how far will you go in your pursuit of money?
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by abiL(f): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
First to comment grin

Hi 2legit! grin

Very educative post you've got here.
I have no comment for now. Can't even be arsed to read your epistle. tongue

I'll be back to read it when I'm bored.
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hey you, how did you even know that was educative if you never read it? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
After 7years, I have come to the conclusion that money does mean happiness. Every being has their issues but people with more money tend to be happier than those with less. If you deny that, that's your own business.

Everyone should strive to be successful, even if it's not to be filthy rich but atleast you're comfortable enough to go through money without having to worry about your account balance.
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by abiL(f): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
2legit2qwt: Hey you, how did you even know that was educative if you never read it? cheesy cheesy

I trust your writing ability wink
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
kandiikane: After 7years, I have come to the conclusion that money does mean happiness. Every being has their issues but people with more money tend to be happier than those with less. If you deny that, that's your own business.

Everyone should strive to be successful, even if it's not to be filthy rich but atleast you're comfortable enough to go through money without having to worry about your account balance.
GBAM...I have nothing else to say.
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by Nobody: 1:17am On Feb 05, 2013
kandiikane: After 7years, I have come to the conclusion that money does mean happiness. Every being has their issues but people with more money tend to be happier than those with less. If you deny that, that's your own business.

ItsModella:
GBAM...I have nothing else to say.

Shatttaaaapppp!!!! angry angry angry You think the daily $2 allowance your bfs dey dash you for chewing gum gives you the right to determine whether money brings happiness or not?

Let me win the $200m lottery first. Maybe when I have all the money to buy all that I can, I'd be in the position to decide if money leads to happiness.

Nothing wrong with wealth acquisition. In fact, where my rich suga daddy sef? tongue tongue
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 1:51am On Feb 05, 2013
^Lol, can someone tell me wha this is.
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 4:10am On Feb 05, 2013
kandiikane: ^Lol, can someone tell me wha this is.
She's high again grin grin

abiL:

I trust your writing ability wink

Of course i know you do tongue

*Ileke-IdI:

Shatttaaaapppp!!!! angry angry angry You think the daily $2 allowance your bfs dey dash you for chewing gum gives you the right to determine whether money brings happiness or not?

Let me win the $200m lottery first. Maybe when I have all the money to buy all that I can, I'd be in the position to decide if money leads to happiness.

Nothing wrong with wealth acquisition. In fact, where my rich suga daddy sef? tongue tongue

grin grin
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 4:10am On Feb 05, 2013

Hey babe, how’re you? smiley

Definitely, everyone should strive to be successful, totally agree with that and also that people with more money are happier than those with less. However, the reason for their varying level of happiness is not always because of money. Obviously, money does bring certain level of satisfaction, the type a poor person is unable to derive.

Having enough money raises our number of choices but making the right choice is what determines our level of happiness.

What I really wanna know is what we as humans can and will do for money, will you kill for money? Will you become a stripper for money? Will you be a slave for money? Just about anything you’ll do for money
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 9:04am On Feb 05, 2013
grin
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 2:42am On Feb 06, 2013
See this girl o lol cheesy We're partly saying the same thing about money. Having money definitely affords you the opportunity for more choices hence, the opportunity to choose what's likely to make you happy.

Being rich comes with certain level of comfort, the type of comfort the poor can't afford to gain. A rich person isn't necessarily happier than a poor person, he's however more comfortable and in a position to create the things that can bring him happiness.

I agree with the hurdles women face in certain fields, not just in Africa but the whole world generally. That's a story for another day.

Meanwhile I'm not gonna judge you but if i understand you correctly, you'll give up your body if it means getting to your goals correct?
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 3:47am On Feb 06, 2013
grin
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
You ain't slick candy, modifying your post angry

@post I'll strip tease for money cheesy
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 1:20am On Feb 08, 2013
Lol, I don't want it biting me in the azz someday. grin

You can pay me to watch you tease me. How tight is your azz sef?tongue

Damn! embarassed
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by 2legit2qwt: 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
kandiikane: Lol, I don't want it biting me in the azz someday. grin

[b]You can pay me to watch you tease me. How tight is your azz sef?:[/b]P

Damn! embarassed

Ask Ileke, she has all the info you need lipsrsealed

@post I'll turn a gigolo for money, at the extreme here

www.nairaland.com/attachments/973745_man3_jpgfae0b0ed2a202174b4d1d22cd5aea0b1
Re: What Will You Do For Money? by kandiikane(m): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
Ileke is too stingy.

What can a girl do to find out how tight 2legit's azz is? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland In Urbandictionary / Happy Birthday Nadia_SA / For How Long Are We To Cast Our Vote On Sexkillz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.