Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,144 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. (4804 Views)

Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / Onazi Ogenyi Praying At TB Joshua's Prayer Mountain / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Maximus85(m): 8:29am On Feb 05, 2013
Our God is a God of true JUSTICE, he's never one sided. If we are all his sons and daughters why will he favour one and ditch the other.

Top football clubs and countries gather round with their captain at the center to motivate themselves. But in my own super eagles, Eyinama will be in the middle praying and sweating. After Ivory Coast victory, He said he never doubted God. So is he saying GOD is not a GOD of Justice and Equality?

This act should be stopped. We might be calling God what he is not and sinning without knowing it.

Your opinion please.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Jluvu: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
how can
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
IT IS NO GAME BUT COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR MAKER.........first to comment

1 Like

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by yuzedo: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
This hit front page before it even had 10 views.... OP are you nyashing a MOD?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
How can I become a MOD on nairaland
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by dulphines: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
I agree with you totally. In my own opinion, God is neutral!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by papil: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
If not 4 anything u ask him 4 protection,so it's proper
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by 2bosun: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
No genuine prayer is a waste of time.. God always love when we talk to him like a father and son.

Does God care about a football match? That's another matter completely.

2 Likes

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by stacomaster(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
.. U wan tel me say all the pray wey ah pray aqainst iv0ry'c0ast na Waste of Tym..
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Born2beRich1(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
yuzedo: This hit front page before it even had 10 views.... OP are you nyashing a MOD?? undecided

I thought i was the only one that noticed oh..

These moderators sef

When you post something meaniful, it doesnt get to front page but when someone is asking an unreasonable question it enters front page...

Nothing spoil...
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by BarryX(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Depends on the degree of faith applied to the prayer, it would definitely be a waste of time if the "prayee" has a weak faith system ,prayers move mountains I dare say ..tested applied and proven
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by simongonner: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
if na prayer na hm we neva win world cup?

2 Likes

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Canisma(m): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
I do not understand how praying to win a game could be a sin.
Are you sick, bro ?
Every team of human endeavour needs a spiritual leader and Enyeama seems to be one for the super eagles. In case you never know, we prayed our way in this same way to the Olympic Gold.
So take a chill pill.
Let me add here that prayers can also be a psychological boost to players cos they ll feel confident of being backed by a super-natural force, thereby bringing out the determination in them.
Let's stop behaving as if our own ways of doing things are inferior to others.
Let's brand our style of doing things and watch the whole world copy us.
NAIJA For Life !!!

2 Likes

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Clemzy16(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sometimes, God does things in mysterious ways. I'm not trying to be superstitious here but i'm one of those who believe God can favour a person or Group of people against another (fellow human beings) for Reasons best known to him only. Even in the holy book God favoured the children of isrealite, Neneveh etc. . . So, yes i'm saying prayers does work sometimes, but i also want us to know that prayers without preparation is like going to the forest to hunt a wild animal without a Gun. Like the saying goes "Striving to succeed without hardwork is like trying to harvest when you have not planted.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Canisma(m): 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
I love you T.B Joshua - Onazi
I love you T.B Joshua - Canisma

We all love him !!!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by uzeba(m): 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
No and yes!! No, Cos am a witness i nigeria match!! Cos some of their way of life can make them lose the match oo!!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Owaabeo: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
During the time of John the Baptist the Kingdom of God suffered violence.
We are praying against opposing forces, that says the plan of God towards any team winning the game will not come to past.
one minute of God's favor in foot ball is far better than one year of football training.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Asis(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Ebestsmscom: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Not waste of time but you have to be fit before God help.

Just like praying for Arsenal to win a match when Wenger is there gambling. Build a good team like Barca then prayers follow. The God that answers Barca match will answer others.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by jmoore(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
It is only a game. It is ridiculous for me to pray if I want to play computer game with someone, same applies to all games.

let's say Team A is made up of Christians and Team B is made up of Christians too. Team A prays and Team B prays, who will God answer? God is neutral when it comes to games.

@ op, it is not a sin to pray to win games!!!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Nasri100(m): 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Kayusfity: How can I become a MOD on nairaland

you got a sister for seun?
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Its a total waste of time.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by slimlizzy: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
NO, IT'S NOT A WASTE OF TIME. AFTER-ALL WE ALL PRAY WHEN WE WANT GOOD FORTUNE
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Revolva(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
To me its just a waste of time...why not use that time to train and strategize your team
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Fredospunky: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
The truth is, God's favor depend on individual relationship with him and not on neutral basis, Where as, the favor of our earthly parents also depend on our relationship with them. Bottomline: it's one's level of faith that incur God's level of grace, and not otherwise...
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by coogar: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
it's a waste of time - nigerians should stop praying for what they cannot control.
the only people required to pray to win a match are the football players themselves - not the fans who have no direct influence on the game. besides, majority of the players you pray and fast for are in their hotel rooms womanising/drinking/sometimes drugs or even juju before the football match - how then do you expect your prayers to help unserious souls like those. it's a sheer waste of time!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by 5much(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
prayer is ok nd its a moral booster but cant solely determine d outcome of a match. imagine 'praying' for Nigeria to win Spain in a world cup match.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by JNdupu: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
Fredospunky: The truth is, God's favor depend on individual relationship with him and not on neutral basis, Where as, the favor of our earthly parents also depend on our relationship with them. Bottomline: it's one's level of faith that incur God's level of grace, and not otherwise...

This may be correct in a general life sense but we need to be careful in sportsmanship because this is what we are discussing.

What are they praying for? If it is "let me play to my best Oh God, and bless our opponents too so they play to their best", I guess that is fine and very Christian.

We never hear that though. All our people ever pray is "deliver this victory to us, let us defeat those other people, Oh mighty God, Oh Jehovah ... raba shara camra {speaking in tongues)".

That is wrong IMO. Asking God for balant favoritism, especially in sports.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Anvaller: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
well.. its a psychological thing.. If they have been mentally conditioned as players to believe that they may not win a match if they didnt pray, u better leave them to keep praying because if u stopped them.. it might affect their psychological stance to that effect and in turn affecting their performance. If they lost the game as a result, then it would be concluded that they lost cos they failed to pray as usual b4 the match.

Having said that.. I personally would prefer to advise these players to limit their prayers to the prayer session in the dressing room.. At least they traditionally pray also in the dressing room. The amount of time committed to prayers might be put to better use if they spent same on consolidating and reminding themselves of the planned tactics for the match... After all, many of the european players dont believe in God in the 1st place talk less of pray but they go to the pitch with their strategies, they stick to it with discipline and well.. we all know their winning records compared to us.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Orikinla(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
NO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sharing 1.5 - 3 Odds. / A Picture Of Venus And Serena Williams As Little Girls / Gareth Southgate To Remain England Manager Until After Euro 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.