Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. (4811 Views)

Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / Onazi Ogenyi Praying At TB Joshua's Prayer Mountain / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by GetOvaMe: 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
God doesn't watch sports
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by muscar: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jesus is neutral.
You r asking God to be bias if you tell Him to make one particular team win.
But we r nothing n can do nothing w/o him. Everything happens for a significant reason.
Instead the prayer shud b on asking God 4 divine wisdom (calculating angles and perspectives with knowing when n how to shoot)
Goodluck
...And protection (we need them free kicks though. ‎​​​​lol)

God also surprises boastful/overconfident people who feel they can do anything wit/without his grace.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by JimmyBoy1: 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
Prayer is necessary to achieve anything, but prayer of the hardworking will always be heard ahead of that of a slothful person.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by ooman(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Yes
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Maximus85(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

I thought i was the only one that noticed oh..

These moderators sef

When you post something meaniful, it doesnt get to front page but when someone is asking an unreasonable question it enters front page...

Nothing spoil...

You can use a canal if it hurts you soo much that your trash has never hit front page.

Let me school you. Even if its 3views, so far its a front page material...it goes straight to front page. And mind you, I've been on NL like forever and this is the first time I'm going front page.

You can still use your ropes if you are still hurt.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Maximus85(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
Canisma: I do not understand how praying to win a game could be a sin.
Are you sick, bro ?
Every team of human endeavour needs a spiritual leader and Enyeama seems to be one for the super eagles. In case you never know, we prayed our way in this same way to the Olympic Gold.
So take a chill pill.
Let me add here that prayers can also be a psychological boost to players cos they ll feel confident of being backed by a super-natural force, thereby bringing out the determination in them.
Let's stop behaving as if our own ways of doing things are inferior to others.
Let's brand our style of doing things and watch the whole world copy us.
NAIJA For Life !!!

Let's see who is sick. You are a father of two lovely boys who are in a game. and you have the power to do anything. Who would you help to win the game? Picking one over the other as you have shown means you are a very SICK father. So, God wouldn't even listen to such prayers to win a game. If team-A prays to God to win and Team-B also pray to the same God to win, you think God will go partial?

Now who is SICK?
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Maximus85(m): 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
Clemzy16: Sometimes, God does things in mysterious ways. I'm not trying to be superstitious here but i'm one of those who believe God can favour a person or Group of people against another (fellow human beings) for Reasons best known to him only. Even in the holy book God favoured the children of isrealite, Neneveh etc. . . So, yes i'm saying prayers does work sometimes, but i also want us to know that prayers without preparation is like going to the forest to hunt a wild animal without a Gun. Like the saying goes "Striving to succeed without hardwork is like trying to harvest when you have not planted.

Listen to yourself. Those that God was against in the Bible are either Idol worshipers or are disobedient to God. But in this our case, both teams are God's worshipers.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Phemmmy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
WHAT IF BOTH TEAMS PRAY TO THE SAME GOD.
WHOM WILL GOD ANSWER?
Definitely,the TEAM WHICH WORKED HARDER
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by NessaFresh(f): 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
Kayusfity: How can I become a MOD on nairaland
lwkmd
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Mishydoo(m): 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
Canisma: I do not understand how praying to win a game could be a sin.
Are you sick, bro ?
Every team of human endeavour needs a spiritual leader and Enyeama seems to be one for the super eagles. In case you never know, we prayed our way in this same way to the Olympic Gold.
So take a chill pill.
Let me add here that prayers can also be a psychological boost to players cos they ll feel confident of being backed by a super-natural force, thereby bringing out the determination in them.
Let's stop behaving as if our own ways of doing things are inferior to others.
Let's brand our style of doing things and watch the whole world copy us.
NAIJA For Life !!!

Talk of the psychological aspect and not d crap shit of which u speak!if u were half d christian u profess u'd know that God donsnt take sides in such competitions...u make mockery of the almighty by beseeching him Fø̲̣̣я such frivolities,as financial gains and pride of nation.I dislike ignorant christians!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Mishydoo(m): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Owaabeo: During the time of John the Baptist the Kingdom of God suffered violence.
We are praying against opposing forces, that says the plan of God towards any team winning the game will not come to past.
one minute of God's favor in foot ball is far better than one year of football training.

Ignorance speaks!!!
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by albacete(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2013

Pray as if it all depends on God; work as if it all depends on you.
Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Lobatan.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by efe22(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2013
The question is does God support games? If the answer is yes, then you can pray for God's direction. Now if both sides have the same faith, hardwork and holiness, it is here the power of GRACE comes in (the side with the most grace wins). You see in life, we all have different grace. Have you ever imagined where 20 faithful Christians applied for a job but only 2 are favord. Are others not holy enough? Think about it.
We need GRACE now than before in our life but not in games.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by efe22(m): 8:56am On Feb 06, 2013
albacete:
Pray as if it all depends on God; work as if it all depends on you.
Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Lobatan.

Ignorance is indeed bliss. Where in the Bible does it says 'heaven helps those who help themselves'?. Must you be foolish because others are. Seperate yourself from this ignorance saying today. May God help us.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by albacete(m): 9:20am On Feb 06, 2013
efe22:

Ignorance is indeed bliss. Where in the Bible does it says 'heaven helps those who help themselves'?. Must you be foolish because others are. Seperate yourself from this ignorance saying today. May God help us.

Where in my post did i make reference to the Bible?
Try to understand the first sentence of my last post before resorting to insults. Can't u voice ur opinion on d subject matter without calling people you have never met names?
Or does your Bible support that?

Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by Kezzy24(f): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with it,the Brazilians do pray in their dressing room before stepping out on the field of play.
Re: Praying To Win A Game Is A Waste Of Time. by kennybelle: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2013
Maximus85: Our God is a God of true JUSTICE, he's never one sided. If we are all his sons and daughters why will he favour one and ditch the other.i gbadun ur post! U av hit d nail on d head! God is nt a partial God o,prayers has no effect in a game,so stop wastin ur time either on d pitch,in ur aws or ur church thinkin u're prayin 2 God 2 win a "Game"! E no dey work o! Shikena!!!

Top football clubs and countries gather round with their captain at the center to motivate themselves. But in my own super eagles, Eyinama will be in the middle praying and sweating. After Ivory Coast victory, He said he never doubted God. So is he saying GOD is not a GOD of Justice and Equality?

This act should be stopped. We might be calling God what he is not and sinning without knowing it.

Your opinion please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get On The Train To Wealth. Discipline Selections And Assured Winnings / Breaking News: Tb Joshua Predict Chelsea Need Prayers(rubben bald Hair Heading) / A Picture Of Venus And Serena Williams As Little Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.