Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

What Do You Like About Pidgin English? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Like About Pidgin English? (5222 Views)

Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:10pm On May 04, 2006
eh! my broda, well done o
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Christino(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2006
Ancient of Days - Jehovah Old School
(c) New BoBoys Translation
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Christino(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2006
rhoda, where'z ur ass shaker, was d link distorted?
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:46pm On May 04, 2006
nahhhhh ei be like cuz i dey skuul ei fi no work say dem skuul comp be filtered self lol what are mine saying cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Christino(m): 8:54am On May 06, 2006
Its like i got your pic back. Here it is.

Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Christino(m): 9:01am On May 06, 2006
@ rhoda - i wanna see u get dat ass back on track.

Back to our topic,

story - tori
child - pikin
die - pai
enjoy - flenjo, lagest
eat - chop, lem, wack
poor - paki
rich - boti, aje
crib - corner, base, block, barrack
sex - popo, skoko, hmmn, ple ple (this one get 2 many .,.)
talk - yan, hala
small - benbele
easy - beans
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by eveseh(f): 9:26am On May 06, 2006
i like everything about it
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by trendy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2007
I like am well well o! because say na nigeria na im d langugage for originate
nairaland people, how una dey smiley

@eveseh , why not speak pidgin, lol
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by BlackMamba(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2007
It's an exclusive identity of Nigerians in the midst of other cultures. It empowers me and I love to flaunt it.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Belinice(f): 1:33am On Mar 27, 2007
@ Blackmamba

abeg make you try yan the thing wey people like me go hear, because this frifri wey you dey

yan if me yanam mi go bite ma tongue (oga no vexoo)

i hear say na pidgin una dey caiiam, the grammer still big now, abeg make una try callam

BROKIN. UNA TOO MUCH.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Belinice(f): 1:35am On Mar 27, 2007
@ Blackmamba

abeg make you try yan the thing wey people like me go hear, because this frifri wey you dey

yan if me yanam mi go bite ma tongue (oga no vexoo)

i hear say na pidgin una dey caiiam, the grammer still big now, abeg make una try callam

BROKIN.

If i dey speakam igo be me like say na me sabi book pass
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by BlackMamba(m): 3:51am On Mar 27, 2007
@Belinice
Make u no vex. I never return the dictionary I borrow write am. Me I no know book.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by iice(f): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2007
@Topic, i love everything about it!
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by drrionelli(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2009
So much for me to learn! But, because of of the charmingly chilly iice and the ever-delightful ikamefa (among others), I'm still picking up bits and pieces of the language here and there. Yes, it's a slow process, but I'm still working on it!
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
iice:

@Topic, i love everything about it!
Yes, yes. I am in agreement here.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by jamace(m): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2009
So much for me to learn! But, because of of the charmingly chilly iice and the ever-delightful ikamefa (among others), I'm still picking up bits and pieces of the language here and there. Yes, it's a slow process, but I'm still working on it!

Bros, you for yarn something for brokin small to show say you don de learn the pidgin english. grin
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by drrionelli(m): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2009
jamace:

Bros, you for yarn something for brokin small to show say you don de learn the pidgin english. grin

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, jamace. Could I trouble you to clarify it just a bit for me? Like I say, I'm not good at Pidgin! embarassed
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by comfort3: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2009
wink
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by drrionelli(m): 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2009
Still waiting for jamace (or anybody else) to put his last post into proper English for me! grin
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by drrionelli(m): 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2009
Perhaps I can call on the charmingly-chilly iice? Or, the ever-delightful ikamefa?

Somebody--please?
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by benedictac(f): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2009
my pepo, e dey flow well well
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Stardust(f): 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: jamace on February 21, 2009, 08:31 AM

Bros, you for yarn something for brokin small to show say you don de learn the pidgin english. 

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, jamace.  Could I trouble you to clarify it just a bit for me?  Like I say, I'm not good at Pidgin!   

This simply means that you should have said something (however little) in pidgin to show that you are learning the language.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2009
The flow!
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by azeeza(f): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2009
me i dey yuonda dey represent,abey make we rep wella i no fit saout,cos d way we dey run things 4 naija no follow at all. no look uche face do ur thing e go bata.i love my pple
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Bukittes(f): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
my country people, how una dey? Happy birthday to all of us o! october 1st don nearly land gidigba for our door. Make we try make Naija better o, na me and u get dis work for hand. Obama abi Bush no go come helep for dis issue wey dey ground so na we must to help oursef o! person like IBB, Buhari, Atiku, , all those old generation wey their life don finish wey no even sabi wetin time dey talk again must not come back to rule us o! make we join hands to push dem comot kpatkpata! toh, me I don finish talk wetin i wan talk o! una bye bye oooooooo
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by InkedNerd(f): 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
@poster: I too dey like pidgin English grin
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by drrionelli(m): 5:51am On Sep 29, 2010
@Inked_Nerd:
You'll note that I've mentioned (in a previous posting) some wonderfully helpful people who are assisting me in Pidgin. Would it be too forward of me to ask if you, too, would be willing and able to assist me occasionally in the endeavor?
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 29, 2010
My pple i throw salute o.Pigin de swit mi die 2 yarn.I hail una o.
Re: What Do You Like About Pidgin English? by InkedNerd(f): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2010
drrionelli:

@Inked_Nerd:
You'll note that I've mentioned (in a previous posting) some wonderfully helpful people who are assisting me in Pidgin. Would it be too forward of me to ask if you, too, would be willing and able to assist me occasionally in the endeavor?

Forward? Nonsense!!! Of course I'll help you. I need to warn you though, I just learned to speak pidgin about 6-9 months. Picked it up fairly quickly. I go help you sha. We go speak am pass people who dey for Naija. Abeg, forgive me for my late response.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Memorise The Seniority Of The 16 Odus. / What Language Does The Word "JARE" Belongs To? / Nigerian Names And Meanings. Faves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.