Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way (1354 Views)

Midnight Accident On Lagos Ibadan Express Way (photos) / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Another Fuel Tanker Tumbles On Lekki Epe Express Way [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way by sexyglow(f): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2013
Four persons were killed on Tuesday, along Ibadan/Ife highway, in an accident left three others seriously injured.
Reports say the crash occurred when a Toyota Hiace bus hit a stone left on the road and lost control.
The bus was said to have left Lagos and was heading towards Abuja when it had the accident. It reportedly burst into flames when it hit the stone around Asejire area of Ibadan.

An official of the Oyo State Emergency Management Authority, SEMA, said the accident was so fatal that axes and cutlasses were used to remove the trapped passengers.
Out of the seven passengers in the car, four of them were reportedly burnt to death while three others were rescued and rushed to the hospital.
The Unit Commander of the FRSC in Egbeda, Abiodun Akinlade, did not confirm the casualties, but lamented that the crash could have been prevented if the driver had driven with caution.
Re: Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way by 9icetoo(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2013
The FRSC is so cluless. they never hesitate to blame drivers. For safety sake, they should place caution signs along the roads at points known to cause accidents. Points such as large pot holes and bends. These signs will alert motorists. It seems they believe their job description is just to check fire extinguishers, drivers license and vehicle particulars. they don't have the slightest idea of what it means to make the road safe for road users.
Re: Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way by Adurangba(f): 9:11am On Feb 06, 2013
9icetoo: The FRSC is so cluless. they never hesitate to blame drivers. For safety sake, they should place caution signs along the roads at points known to cause accidents. Points such as large pot holes and bends. These signs will alert motorists. It seems they believe their job description is just to check fire extinguishers, drivers license and vehicle particulars. they don't have the slightest idea of what it means to make the road safe for road users.

I wonder why the FRSC left the stone on the road. Seriously.
Re: Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way by JW214: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
I saw a similar accident at Jobele exit of the Ojoo(Ibadan)/Oyo express at about half 6 this morning, the 2 buses involved were still burning as at the I time I got there, about 3 burnt corpse was sighted, I cant just post the pix here. May their Souls RIP
Re: Auto Crash Along Ibadan /ife Express Way by sultaan(m): 4:21am On Feb 07, 2013
The real question here is those buses would have been investigated in the west if they are that deadly and bust into flame like that regularly.

Here is the news for the Grand Cherokee because 48 people have died in crashed for models from 1993 and millions sold, if you compere that to Hiace, you will understand why they can't be sold in US.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/money/auto_news/more-than-5-million-jeep-vehicles-grand-cherokee-and-liberty--under-investigation-for-deadly-fires

If you have to travel I suggest you take one of those Chevy or Ford passenger vans.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Honda 2002 Gear? / Kia Optima Vs Toyota Camry / Abs Sienna 1999 Model Malfunctioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.