Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover (1400 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / Ford Nigeria Unveils The First FordRanger To Come Out Of Nigeria Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by etunoman76(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
t first glance, the new car unveiled at a motor show appeared to be an updated model of the Range Rover Evoque.

With its signature body shape, lights and radiator grill and silver logo across the front edge of its bonnet, it was the spitting image of the British bestseller.

But in fact, it was a brazen copy of the hugely popular UK-designed ‘baby’ off-roader – and a fraction of the price.

Little-known Chinese carmaker LandWind launched its £14,000 X7 at the Guangzhou motor show in China last week.

Its uncanny similarity to the £40,000-plus Evoque’s distinctive design provoked an angry response from Jaguar Land Rover, which may take legal action to protect its brand.

The British manufacturer has just opened its first car factory in China in a venture with local firm Chery.

Jaguar Land Rover chief executive Dr Ralf Speth told Autocar magazine: ‘The fact that this kind of copying is ongoing in China is very disappointing. The intellectual property (IP) is owned by Jaguar Land Rover and if you break that IP then you are in breach of international regulations.’

But drivers looking for a fashionable car at a bargain price might want to wait for safety inspection results.

LandWind’s earlier CV9 people-carrier scored just two stars out of five in European crash tests in 2010.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846676/Fury-China-unveils-14-000-copy-Range-Rover-British-company-legal-action-little-known-manufacturer-launches-brazen-copy-roader.html

1 Share

Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
grin Chinko!! I hail unna

2 Likes

Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by lonelydora: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
This Chino people dey try ohhh. Na so I enter one Cross Country bus thinking it was Toyota Hiace bus, not knowing it's one Chinese copy be that.
Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by nonso84(m): 12:25am On Nov 25, 2014
Chinko and copy copy.

1 Like

Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by redcliff: 12:36am On Nov 25, 2014
Damn, I can buy it o... forget grin grin grin. Atleast I dont have to worry about expensive parts. grin grin cheesy

Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by AutosBay(m): 5:54am On Nov 25, 2014
Reliability and longevity will be on a par with a real Range Rover then. Wonder if that one will be able to go off road.
Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by toxiflam: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2014
Choi, I thought copy and paste ended on the computer, this one is an exact replication of technology, intellectual property infringement notwithstanding.

China... Helping the middle class since 19th century

1 Like

Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by kakameks: 8:36am On Nov 25, 2014
In as much as this is a brazen infringement in IP or paten infringement, which is wrong by the way, I have to give kudos to the Chinese.
Yes they burrowed majority of the design concept, but the production manufacture and assembly are from scratch and 100% Chinese.

Jaguar landrover can take them to court just as rolls Royce did when they cloned the phantom, but most likely they will lose just as Rolls Royce did.

The Chinese claims they are not clones, they must have studied the legal implications and probably found a loophole to avoid such lawsuits.
Bottomline they have one hell of an economic growth that is envied, even if it based on coping.

I'll rather have a coping economy that world class and flourishing than one that is original, if there is such a thing, and struggling.

But has anyone noticed that majority of the patens the Chinese copy are from the west. They hardly ever copy Russian concepts. Guess the Chinese-Russian tie is as strong as ever.
Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2014
Nothing gets better with china.. Chiko run
Re: Fury As China Unveils £14,000 Copy Of Range Rover by solid3(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2014
I love this. But I hope they will have the required muscle to withstand the Intellectual Property tussle.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity :water Powered Car (pictures) / Amazing Image Of A Roll Royce Phantom In 1925 / 2005 Lexus GX470 Vs 2007 Lexus RX350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.