Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos (12419 Views)

Learn Chinese In 5 Minutes / Can I Learn Esan? / Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by blacnewton(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2013
Hi, I don't know if you guys could help me. It is very important but I don't know where to learn chinese. If you have any info, I would be so delighted. I even heard the language has different kinds. but don't know hw sure. I am interested in learning how to speak their official language. Thanks
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Zi: 7:59am On Feb 06, 2013
There is a Confucius Institute inside UNILAG. Go and find out there. And there are not many kinds of Chinese you'll need to learn. Their official language is Mandarin. What you want to do now is good venture and I sincerely encourage you to smiley

Guess the first thing you'll hear in class is 'Nin hao' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by blacnewton(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2013
Thank You very much
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Phonon: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2013
It is 'Ni hao'.At the Confucius Institute,there are three levels for learning the language which costs 10 000 naira per level.Each stage lasts for about 3 months.The teachers struggle with English themselves so one would have to pardon their delivery but do not just rely on the class alone to learn the language.TRUST ME.
Zi: There is a Confucius Institute inside UNILAG. Go and find out there. And there are not many kinds of Chinese you'll need to learn. Their official language is Mandarin. What you want to do now is good venture and I sincerely encourage you to smiley

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Phonon: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2013
It is 'Ni hao'.At the Confucius Institute,there are three levels for learning the language which costs 10 000 naira per level.Each stage lasts for about 3 months.The teachers struggle with English themselves so one would have to pardon their delivery but do not just rely on the class alone to learn the language.TRUST ME.
You have the simplified Mandarin(as spoken in Mainland China) and the traditional Mandarin(as spoken in Taiwan and Singapore)
Zi: There is a Confucius Institute inside UNILAG. Go and find out there. And there are not many kinds of Chinese you'll need to learn. Their official language is Mandarin. What you want to do now is good venture and I sincerely encourage you to smiley

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by pleep(m): 1:25am On Feb 09, 2013
I smh at a blackman learning chinese.
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
hello blacknewton ,have you enrolled for the course,how do you rate it?
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
how is their session done? When does their session open? I need tese info as we are on strike now and it will be a nice thing for me to do to learn mandarin
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by Alicece: 3:23am On Aug 19, 2015
It depends on the ways you learn. In general, you can learn Chinese yourself from the online resource and learn Chinese with a teacher, and the native teacher is best.

According to your requirements, you need
1. Mastering the tones
2. Remembering the characters
It is a bit difficult but keep working if you choose study yourself, so I suggest you find an Mandarin learning shool to study. You can try Hanbridge Mandarin (Here's their official site http://www.hanbridgemandarin.com ), it provides both online and offline learning, and recommended by most students. Give it a look!
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by nihaoglobal: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello,
Have you heard of the new opportunities that are opened for Nigerians in the Chinese world?
Honestly the Nigeria-China Cooperation has introduced a lot of opportunities for Nigerians in the Chinese World, but most Nigerians are not even aware of these opportunities. There are Job opportunities, Big Business Opportunities, Career Opportunities, Degree and Post graduate-Scholarship Opportunities (to study in the top schools in China), and lots more for open minded Nigerians.
To get the details click http://nihaochinaopportunities..com.ng/2016/09/the-new-skill-employers-will-not-resist.html

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by nedu4ocfon: 4:29am On Oct 20, 2016
Phonon:
You have the simplified Mandarin(as spoken in Mainland China) and the traditional Mandarin(as spoken in Taiwan and Singapore)
Phonon:

Hi,
can you connect me to a translator. We are a Mining company in Ebony State.
I need a Chinese translator at my factory project at Abakaliki.
kindly revert via 08038972784, 08125604269

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by nedu4ocfon: 4:35am On Oct 20, 2016
Alicece:
It depends on the ways you learn. In general, you can learn Chinese yourself from the online resource and learn Chinese with a teacher, and the native teacher is best.

According to your requirements, you need
1. Mastering the tones
2. Remembering the characters
It is a bit difficult but keep working if you choose study yourself, so I suggest you find an Mandarin learning shool to study. You can try Hanbridge Mandarin (Here's their official site http://www.hanbridgemandarin.com ), it provides both online and offline learning, and recommended by most students. Give it a look!
Phonon:
Phonon:

Hi,
can you connect me to a translator.
I need a Chinese translator at my factory project at Abakaliki.
kindly revert via 08038972784, 08125604269
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by jinyutrans: 3:59am On Nov 18, 2019
Hi there are lots of online classes for beginners who want to learn Chinese. Here is one: https://www.jinyutranslation.com/chineselearning

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by OreSho(f): 2:27am On Nov 21, 2019
blacnewton:
Hi, I don't know if you guys could help me. It is very important but I don't know where to learn chinese. If you have any info, I would be so delighted. I even heard the language has different kinds. but don't know hw sure. I am interested in learning how to speak their official language. Thanks

Status report. Have you been able to achieve your goal
?
Re: Where Can I Learn Chinese In Lagos by AquilaTraining: 8:28pm On May 31, 2021
Aquila Training Centre, Ajah, Lagos now offers both Chinese Language courses on addition to French. Check my signature for contact details.

(1) (Reply)

Respect For Elders: Who Does It More/better? / I Am African, My Boyfriend Is IGBO, Can We Make It? Help Me Please. / Should We Promote Nigerian Languages More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.