Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? (664 Views)

Challenges Of A Single Mother / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? by Vicjustice: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2013
Compare to names like Jake; John; Dave; Sam; Ben and Ted, etc, that you hear with Westerners especially the Americans and the British, we have names like Igbinoghoduwa; Chukwumerije; Oluwaseun; Ilegbinosa; Chidiebere; Oladimeji and Majekudunmi etc. I'm not suggesting that we should imitate the Westerners, in fact, it's a proud thing that we still make use of our native names. But i'm just wondering if there are vernacular names with a single syllable in Nigeria, if you know any, please say.
By the way, how long (how many syllables) are your own names without abbreviation?
Re: Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? by smakati(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2013
its common in jos, jang comes to mind, others re tam, bem, dim etc
Re: Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? by Geomac: 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
Chir: a Tiv name

Mine has 5 syllables
Re: Do You Know Any Nigerian Name With A Single Syllable? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
smakati: its common in jos, jang comes to mind, others re tam, bem, dim etc
huh!

(1) (Reply)

Us-based Couple Fail DNA Test For Twins At Embassy / Why Dating A Loser??? / Can A Wife Stop Her Husband From Beign A Drunkard When She Is The Cause?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.