Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,292 members, 7,839,438 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag (1602 Views)

My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard / How Do I Know If A Used Car Airbag Is Still Intact? / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag by tunaprex: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
I had an accident today and my right side airbag got blown out! No much damage to the body. I don't know what to do now. Can it be fixed or do I have to replace it? Please I'll be traveling back to my base(kaduna) in a few days, I'm in lagos right now. Where in lagos can it be done and please, an idea of the cost implication.
Re: HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
tunaprex: I had an accident today and my right side airbag got blown out! No much damage to the body. I don't know what to do now. Can it be fixed or do I have to replace it? Please I'll be traveling back to my base(kaduna) in a few days, I'm in lagos right now. Where in lagos can it be done and please, an idea of the cost implication.

which one blow out passenger or drivers

there is no fixing in air bags its all replacing
Re: HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
tunaprex: I had an accident today and my right side airbag got blown out! No much damage to the body. I don't know what to do now. Can it be fixed or do I have to replace it? Please I'll be traveling back to my base(kaduna) in a few days, I'm in lagos right now. Where in lagos can it be done and please, an idea of the cost implication.

Bro, are we meant to guess what car you're referring to here?
Re: HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag by tunaprex: 7:04am On Feb 07, 2013
Siena:

Bro, are we meant to guess what car you're referring to here?
2005 toyota matrix xr 4wd. It was the passenger's side airbag that blew out.
Re: HELP: How To Fix Blownout Airbag by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2013
tunaprex: 2005 toyota matrix xr 4wd. It was the passenger's side airbag that blew out.

There's no "fix" for a deployed airbag. It MUST be replaced. And depending on the location behind the dash (if the dash covers it) you'll need a new dash, as it would have burst open.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Camry 2005 Le / Amazing Toyota Hilux Hilly Limited Edition Unveiled (photos) / Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla Sport 2010 Black. 94,000 Mileage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.