Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard (1689 Views)

How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun / Carprog Reset Airbag On Renault Megane / My Toyota Camry Car Displaying ABS On Its Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by nickxtra(m): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Please, help me to resolve the issue of ABS showing on my Nissan Primera's dashboard, after the mech changed the broken shaft. His explanation that the shaft he bought is not ABS does not go down well with me. 2. Also, there is an Airbag symbol flashing on the dashboard. It is really irritating seeing it flshing. How do rectify this. 3. Pls, what is the oil type and Transmission oil type I can use for the Nissan Primera P11 1999/2000 car?
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by JUO(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2015

His explanation that the
shaft he bought is not ABS
does not go down well with
me.
and you allowed him fix it?
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by DECOtech(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
nickxtra:
His explanation that the shaft he bought is not ABS
He is right. Tell him to return that wrong shaft he bought and get the right one (ABS compatible) for your car.

nickxtra:
2. Also, there is an Airbag symbol flashing on the dashboard. It is really irritating seeing it flshing. How do rectify this.
Have your car's airbag system scanned.

nickxtra:
3. Pls, what is the oil type and Transmission oil type I can use for the Nissan Primera P11 1999/2000 car?
For your transmission, you can use NISSAN ATF or DEXTRON III. Engine oil should be a 10w30
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
nickxtra:
Please, help me to resolve the issue of ABD showing on my Nissan Primera's dashboard, after the mech changed the broken shaft. His explanation that the shaft he bought is not ABS does not go down well with me. 2. Also, there is an Airbag symbol flashing on the dashboard. It is really irritating seeing it flshing. How do rectify this. 3. Pls, what is the oil type and Transmission oil type I can use for the Nissan Primera P11 1999/2000 car?

Simple

mostly likely is that he damaged the ABS ring or the ABS sensor when putting back the new shaft but to be sure the car needs to be scanned to pin point the exact wheel

the same for air bag, scan and reset the air bag

mind you not all scanners can scan air bag and abs
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by nickxtra(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

Simple

mostly likely is that he damaged the ABS ring or the ABS sensor when putting back the new shaft but to be sure the car needs to be scanned to pin point the exact wheel

the same for air bag, scan and reset the air bag

mind you not all scanners can scan air bag and abs
Thanks, but how do I get the right scan for them?
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by nickxtra(m): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
JUO:
and you allowed him fix it?
Yes, it was after he had fixed that I noticed it. And he explained, but there was nothing I could do. It happend in my village and it was already dark on saturday night before he could even get the shaft. I needed to go back to Abuja the following day, feeling that if the car got to back to Abuja, I will get a better solution to it. Am in Abuja now and need to put it in order, because I don't like seeing ABS stuff and thenoise from the fronts legs of the car.
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by nickxtra(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=DECOtech post=31235313]
He is right. Tell him to return that wrong shaft he bought and get the right one (ABS compatible) for your car.

Have your car's airbag system scanned.

For your transmission, you can use NISSAN ATF or DEXTRON III. Engine oil should be a 10w30[/quote ] pls, can I find them easily to buy and what is the cost?
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by DECOtech(m): 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=nickxtra post=31238905][/quote]
Bugdet 15k for the engine oil. 6k would get you 4ltrs of quality dextron III ATF. I'm not sure about cost of NISSAN ATF.

and, YES. They are readily in the market.

You can call any of the numbers in my signature if you need further assistance from me.
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
nickxtra:
Please, help me to resolve the issue of ABS showing on my Nissan Primera's dashboard, after the mech changed the broken shaft. His explanation that the shaft he bought is not ABS does not go down well with me. 2. Also, there is an Airbag symbol flashing on the dashboard. It is really irritating seeing it flshing. How do rectify this. 3. Pls, what is the oil type and Transmission oil type I can use for the Nissan Primera P11 1999/2000 car?

Was your car converted from RHD to LHD?
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by nickxtra(m): 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
lomomike:

No, it was not
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by Roserbert(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
lomomike:

Good afternoon bro, am having just the same issue as OP highlighted in this post, just as if he's reading what am experiencing with my Nissan Primera, just that mine was converted from RHD to LHD. Any thing I should know?

Thanks
Re: My Car Displaying ABS and flashing Airbag On Its Dashboard by Roserbert(m): 2:41pm On May 06, 2015
The type of the ATF to use is stated on the gear box deep stick, check and by all means stick to what is stated. Dont use Dexron III where you need NS-1 it will damage your transmission. Dexron III is 1,000 per litre while a 4-litre NS-1 will cost like 11-14k

(1) (Reply)

Mazda Cx-7 Sport Edition / Can VIO Arrest My Vehicle If.. / Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.