Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate (6711 Views)

Admin Officer Needed To Work With An Expatriate - [CLOSED] / Vacancy For Senior Quantity Surveyor Nigerian/expatriate / Seeking Nigerian Expatriate Oil Workers Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by waa15(m): 5:17pm On May 02, 2006
Hi everyone,
I need info or help on how to get an NYSC exemption certificate so that I can take up one of the job offers I got. I just returned to Nigeria after studies abroad.
Anybody got some experience in this case?Pls share.I heard that it is possible to choose the state where one wants to serve, but I am not sure about choosing the company.
Any hint will be appreciated.Thanks.
waa
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by Hotstepper(f): 1:36am On May 03, 2006
yea, you can choose the city/state you want to work if you studied abroad but don't know about company, i think they assign u a company within the geographical area , gluck
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by kajad(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2006
What do you mean by exemption certificate? You want to evade service?  shocked shocked shocked Please note that it is a criminal offence which may haunt you at the height of your career!
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by walexg2: 8:48am On May 03, 2006
People who studied abroad can be exempted from NYSc un der certain conditions, which i don't know exactly, but think it has something to do with there age, i gues there should be a ministry responsible for this at the local goverment or state level.

Maybe u can check at your state secretariat to get more information about this.
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by kajad(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2006
No one is exempted from service irrespective of where you studied!!! Exemption could only be as a result of age (if you are above 30 when you got your first degree) or you have previously served in the Nigerian armed forces / police. If none fits you, then go to the NYSC state directorate nearest to you to apply for call up, or you can go to DHQ in Abuja whichever suits you better.

Note that it 'may' be possible to choose a company to work during service if you can get a letter form that company requesting for you, but that will depend on the disposition of the Officials. Good Luck
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by olivera: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2007
Please does anyone know the address and phone numbers of the NYSC Directorate in Lagos?
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by olivera: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2007
Please does anyone know the address and phone numbers of the NYSC Directorate in Lagos?
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by uchetobi(f): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2007
I definitely have no number. but the nysc secreteriat is at babs animashaun in
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by ginaivy: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2007
you can only talk of exemption if you are above 30 other wise its uncalled for, go to Nysc office in Abuja and sort it out.Serving your country wldnt be such a bad idea,is it?all the best
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by waa15(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2007
Hi,
I thank you all for the responce.
1. I have gone to Abuja, registered for the NYSC service, got posted to Lagos.
2. I went to the camp in Lagos in March and, lo and behold, HELL on earth! I saw the worst human decadence in my whole life. This is NOT exaggeration. Can you imagine people (matured married women inclusive) sleeping on the field? No food, no water, no electricity. Women, men answering the call of nature on the on the same field? Many, as I found out later, ended up not getting a bed let alone a room throughout the 3 weeks in the camp! I was there, I saw it, I logged complaint with the camp director. Of course, those minister's daughters got preferential treatment - they were permitted to leave the camp and came back the last day just to collect their letter. There was organization whatsoever. The staffs were using candle to register graduates. I am planning to write a memo on that because this space would not be enough for that.
3. After two days, I was infected and I had to abandon the camp. My life first. They say "he who fights and run away, lives to fight another day"
4. My decision: I am back @ my base in Europe and I WILL NEVER GO BACK FOR THE NYSC. All I wanted was just a chance to serve my BELOVED country.
Right now, I have got another better job and when I become a consultant in my field and have enough money, I will invest heavily in the Process Engineering sector in Nigeria.

Be well Nigeria!
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by oludunamis(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
@waa15
u scared me men, i am about starting mine 2, and likely 2 be posted 2 lagos, wetin man go do, in my case i have 2 do it man as my offer is worth sacrificing the 3 weeks of hell for. but i dey fear oh
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by uchetobi(f): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2007
Heya. Sorry o! LOL. Its cuz you went to camp in Lag. Everyone wants to serve in Lagos so its corper explosive. More people than facilities! If you know how many people that have redeployed to lagos self? That certificate collecting job will be hell. Anyways cheers. I wish you dint run back sha. For your own sake. Cuz you really need the certificate to exist meaningfully in Nigeria (should incase you come back one day)
Re: Nysc Certificate For Returning Nigerian Expatriate by bobbyray(m): 9:07am On May 06, 2011
we can always work something out, contact moi

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Josephus Consulting / I Need Directions To Providence Street, Lekki Phase 1 / Guardian Newspapers Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.