Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> - Literature (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> (735503 Views)

Adventure Of The Rings / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . / The Adventure Of Corper John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MayorSchwags(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Br3nd4: u dont knw d tin?shocked chei u aff dull..

Maaaaazzziiiiiii wer u @?
iv learnt noto JUMP 2 conclusns anymo,e don break ma back b4grin. U wey na jus dance u de wey ya pant tear so,na my spinal cord u go brk
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by temi4fash(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Came back hopin to read a beautiful story but .........

@maishot y so many hidden post, and wen did our dearly love association begin to av so many hidden post...

Pls let all join hands and make dis association graet again....

Well done Mazi n hiss sec u guys are doin a great job. Am sowi av bin observing from d background,
na Exams cause m...
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Therock5555(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mazi is still flagerbasted by wat hapened 2day. His fingers are still shakin;-)
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
MayorSchwags:
iv learnt noto JUMP 2 conclusns anymo,e don break ma back b4grin. U wey na jus dance u de wey ya pant tear so,na my spinal cord u go brk
lol... Since u dont knw d tin, jst forgerabourit!! tongue
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by majour(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
maishot:

You know say my oga na Wise 'G'

Em gass' know how to keep us for the thread.

Come to think of it..,
You could serve as our SS on this thread.

Submit ur C.V and I'll forward it to my oga.

And..,
na MAJOR u be.., nice! grin
lol, my c.v dy with my gal, i dy majour barrack her behind. Dat kind tin
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by sexiestchic(f): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Chaii!!!!!!!!! Mazi pls come bk na biko nu! cry my tears are all dried up! I need U̶̲̥̅̊ rite ƞφω! ¶ need ds stowy! Boredom wan finish m̶̲̥̅ƹ and U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ story doz tђε̲̣̣̣̥ magic *cries louder*
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Melancholy(m): 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nice one chifawu, cos u must balance everything in life.Mazi more pls.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by komek(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mazi, my guy. I just came back from work thinking I was going to spice up my night with the remaining story. Wetin dey happen na, come continue wetin u don start na. Is it becos of the little misunderstanding here? Abeg let's go there jare.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by princesa(f): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
mrhansome12:
U contributed to bashing, cursing and abusive words
use on this thread by ur support and encouragment of Adabeke12

do i look sorry? cool

in btw, i was not banned because i did nothing, so talk to my fingers cool

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pls everyone.

Oga Mazi specifically told me 2day that there will be no More uploads today.

Its not ment to hurt us, but to avoid cancerous digest on his story.
Pls, be patient with us.

We have ur interest @ heart.

Have a swell nigh-rest. smiley

Signed;
Maishot for Mazi

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by deji47: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
@maishot keep up d good work. Till 2marow.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by sessydoo(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
whats going on here Mazi? why all these hidden posts? why are you not uploading? some people don dey mis-jive abi? all these immature people on NL will not allow others to enjoy this piece. thats what happens when some people talk too much....is it a must for people comment? cant they just read and flow with the story? and anyone dat is not interested shld back-out. At least the last time i checked, it was still a free world. I tire for some people oo. Abeg Mazi no vex, im sure a lot of people are still enjoying your story, pls keep it rolling bruv
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
temi4fash: Came back hopin to read a beautiful story but .........

@maishot y so many hidden post, and wen did our dearly love association begin to av so many hidden post...

Pls let all join hands and make dis association graet again....

Well done Mazi n hiss sec u guys are doin a great job. Am sowi av bin observing from d background,
na Exams cause m...

Temi4flash, welcome dear.

Sorry for the mess u met.
Only God can tell u what happened (and Itbomb, cos he was a catalyst cheesy)

Sha, we had one notorious monster.., no, Terrorist that seriously kept insulting whoever posted.
It got so bad that she actually insulted everyone.

What broke the dog's.., sorry, camel's back was when she temptiously insulted oga Mazi to the face.
(Ghan-ghan!)
So after much complain, oga Cuddlemi came and restored sanity in the house.

Never seen its kind.

Sha, oga Mazi talk say na 2mrw em go upload next.

#Shey I try?#

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by ITbomb(m): 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
maishot:

#Shey I try?#
Reminds me of the man who tried [with minimal success] to teach us chemistry way back.
We beat him up for not giving us a conducive exam environment and WAEC withheld our result as a result
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Ice4jez(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
princesa:

do i look sorry? cool

in btw, i was not banned because i did nothing, so talk to my fingers cool
upon all ur talk say the thread raw we don find out say u no dey front alone but high table.rev sister to bad

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by temi4fash(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
maishot:

Temi4flash, welcome dear.

Sorry for the mess u met.

Sha, we had one notorious monster.., no, Terrorist that seriously kept insulting whoever posted.
It got so bad that she actually insulted everyone.

What broke the dog's.., sorry, camel's back was when she temptiously insulted oga Mazi to the face.
(Ghan-ghan!)
So after much complain, oga Cuddlemi came and restored sanity in the house.

Never seen its kind.

Sha, oga Mazi talk say na 2mrw em go upload next.

#Shey I try?#

u try.....

thumbs up to u"
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
Jisawz!..plz stp d derailment guys.dn't kil d fun.Perhaps we shld b mindful of d slap in verbs,the lafter in an adjective,the name in a noun.PERHAPS,perhap nt.perhaps words need nt to b said somtimes,dy may b better laid unsaid,to liv all matters to mathiaz!...OH MY GAWD..I LV DIS THREAD..
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
Phinity318: Jisawz!..plz stp d derailment guys.dn't kil d fun.Perhaps we shld b mindful of d slap in verbs,the lafter in an adjective,the name in a noun.PERHAPS,perhap nt.perhaps words need nt to b said somtimes,dy may b better laid unsaid,to liv all matters to mathiaz!...OH MY GAWD..I LV DIS THREAD..

Hey brov,

This arn't no derail.

We're just keeping it real on the thread.
Since there's not gonna be no upload..,
Shoooot!

I can't even believe I'm saying this. undecided
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
The sharp smell of cigarette and drink woke me up that morning. The smell was coming from the window close to the bed I was lying.
It was already bright outside. I woke up and looked around, I had slept at the military quarters, beside me was wangu, who was still asleep.

Day 21 - Last day of camp

I moved outside, towards the direction of the smell and found the ugly one with his military friend. They were smoking, while the military man was combining his smoke with drink.
We greeted and I joined them. The ugly one looked better once more. You can hardly tell he was the same guy that lay almost lifeless on the floor last night.
The events of last night crossed through my mind once more, but I waved it aside, I didn't want to dwell on it, especially the chifawu part.
If last night was to happen over again, I will definitely chose the same decisions I made. I never regretted any of them. My only concern was that I may not have that kind of opportunity with her again.

Wangu joined us later in the front. She told us she was going as she had to return the burrowed buffet, cooking pots and coolers that was used for the night.

I saw her off.

We walked across the obs as I was seeing her off and chifawu was entering the studio. She stopped abruptly as she saw us, took a long look at us and entered the obs studio.

Wangu proceeded towards her hostel and I picked my phone and called chifawu. When she didn't pick at the third ring, I walked away from the front of the obs studio I was standing and headed to the hostel.

The hostel was a beehive of activities as I got there that morning. Everyone was packing their things, ready for the final close of camp parade. Some had started returning their foam to collect a tag which they will present before they will be giving their primary assignment letter. Those whose items were seized during their first day at camp moved to the unit to recover it.

I took my bath, packed my things and waited patiently as my hall mates exchanged numbers and made final gestures to each other.

Some of them will I not see again until the last day of service year, the passing out parade.
The ugly one came in later, I waited until he freshened up and packed his things. I was surprised at the amount of clothes and shoes he came to camp with. He had a heavy luggage, which I helped him carry while he carried the two foams.

We signed the foam over to the porters unit and got our tag. We proceeded to the parade ground where other corpers were, with their 7 over 7, waiting for his excellency to declare the first phase of the Nysc over.

Some of my platoon members who saw me rushed forward to ask why I was not with them last night. I just told them I felt sick and had to go. The ugly one was still with me.

I wondered how many of my friends I was going to be seeing during the service year. The ugly one was going back to imo state. I did not fill the form for nysc football team, so I wasn't going to serve at ministry of sports, lokoja. The final destination is Federal poly, Idah.
It was obvious I was going to meet new faces, its a new challenge, a new environment, with new prospects.

Something was worrying me deep inside:

chifawu.

I called her again and she didn't pick, so I sent a text message.

Few minutes later, she called back. I informed her that I needed just five minutes of her time to explain things through. She told me where to meet her.

The ugly one came with me when I stood to leave. I asked him to wait for me, but he insisted he wanted to come along.

I sat with Chifawu at the chess centre and narrated the events of last night to her; from the urgent call I received to trying to revive my friend and then considering leaving my friend to meet up with her.

She listened intently as I narrated all the events to her.

She looked at the ugly one, then to me, and back to the ugly one.

"How do you feel now?" She asked him.

"Better." He answered. "And, sorry for ruining your night." He added. I was surprised he was applying such courtesy. The ugly one I knew was very proud and arrogant. He sounded refined and calm; I guess he was trying to soften chifawu's heart.
He left and informed me he'll be at the spot where we kept our bags.

"I'm really sorry for leaving like that, but I had no choice." I tried to apologise further but she told me she was not feeling bad anymore.
She asked where I was coming from with the assistant platoon leader and I told her we went to return the items burrowed for cooking.

I felt bad for lying to her. I didn't know why, but something deep inside me hated the idea of lying to her.

Well, if I was going to tell her the truth, it shouldn't be right now.

"I felt really bad that you disappeared, just like the social night. But I'm ok now." She said, and could even afford a laughter.

"I'm still desperate to hear what you wanted to tell me last night." I informed her.
She smiled and shook her head.

"Do you believe in fate?" She asked me and I nodded, wondering what that has to do with anything.

"I also believe in fate. But I don't believe in coincidence."

I waited patiently for her to continue.

"Its no coincidence that the two nights I wanted to share something special with you, you were no where to be found. So I will let it pass, and let faith decide what is next."

I wanted to push further, I wanted to tease her, to argue that she got it wrong, to argue that we are the ones to forge our fate and that our destiny is in our hands.

But I didn't.

Or I couldn't.

I told myself to let it pass. You can't win them all. You got to lose some! Just let this one slide.

We've got barely few hours left to stay at camp. Let's leave it to her so called 'faith' to decide.

The whirling of the siren indicated the arrival of whoever was going to declare the camp closed.

Once more, it happened to be the deputy governor.
Chifawu and I left to the parade ground to observe proceedings.

It was almost the same with the opening of camp; the deputy governor, after receiving the national salute, proceeded to inspect the parade led by the colour party.

The national and nysc anthems were taken and he made his speech.

The state director of nysc mounted the stage and made a brief speech, then proceeded to some announcements.
After this, he proceeded to platoon awards.

Best committed platoon: He explained that this was the platoon with the highest number of nominees for OBS, Red cross and other involuntary organisations at camp.

Platoon 9 won it and we all clapped for them.

Most disciplined platoon: Being the platoon reported to have engaged effectively in camp activities such as man'o'war special activity, marching, kitchen duties and sanitation duties as compiled by head of man'o'war, kitchen and sanitation.

Platoon 1 and we clapped again.

Overall best platoon: Being the platoon that participated and won most trophies. The trophies were rated accordingly, with the activities involving group performance (volleyball, football, dance, drama and cooking) having the highest ratings and those of individual performance (macho, big and bold, ms nysc, etc) having the least rating.

"With second position in volleyball, 3rd position in football, 1st position in cooking. . ." The crowd was already clapping as she kept mentioning them. . .

"1st position in ms nysc, 1st position in dance, 3rd position in big and bold!"

"Put your hands together for platooon thoooooo!!!"

I sighted Ms Enoh dancing and jumping up and down inside the canopy where the officials were seated behind the deputy governor.

The crowd clapped, screamed and yelled our notorious nickname. . .

"Fainters! Fainters!! Fainters!!!"

20 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
Okpeeeee ohhhhhhhh! grin

Don Mazi don do am again!
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
At last! Mazi is here welcum back
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by mabebe1(f): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
dat is d spirit, tanx Mazi 4 d upload
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by domido(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mazi wattagwan,we've relaxed afta d holiday ystadai...abeg update.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by ITbomb(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Faith and Fate
Mazi pls mind those words , almost got me confused

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Where's Aunty Efe when u need her, huh? undecided
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
What!! Am I on the right thread? Train entered this thread? Hidden posts. in Literature and writing!!! Ok Ok... some disgruntled entitiies ko?
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Biyi1471: What!! Am I on the right thread? Train entered this thread? Hidden posts. in Literature and writing!!! Ok Ok... some disgruntled entitiies ko?

Whether Post dey hidden oh, or hidden dey Post oh..,

All we know be say POST dey and HIDDEN dey!

So deal with it brov. wink
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dedicated to mazi"poem"
in acrimmony of loss,I dived into the river,nd bcame a shark,i searchd d river wit d fury of d storm bt whch fish i cldn't decipher(chifawu)?
Up d river was a floating silhouette of a stooping bird
in her throat was a eulogy of hope,if i b som god of power,i did bring bak the hand of time*
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by opeoluwa2(f): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mazi ,I miss this thread ooh. I was so busy . Thank God you updated before I came.

Ppls ignore the distractors and derailers.pls focus on ur thread.
Thanks for making us smile.
#dont forget to forgive#
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Therock5555(m): 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Oga mazi u just make my apetite hungry 4 more abeg update soon
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Sijo01(f): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mazi darlllllllly, I wanna take you to mama, please don't say no. kiss

#teamasaya#

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Sijo01(f): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
maishot:
Where's Aunty Efe when u need her, huh? undecided

Seke seke, wah happend hia? Why all the hidden post? abi na 3rd world war

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (131) (Reply)

Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups / Black Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.