Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. (751 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Uloma Nwogu, The Female Referee That Officiated (Kano Vs Nasarawa) / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. by Fatdon(m): 5:16am On Feb 08, 2013
Confederation of African Football (CAF) has
banned Tunisian referee, Slim Jdidi after his
controversial performance in Wednesday’s
semi-final between Burkina Faso and Ghana. Secretary General of CAF, Hicham el-Amrani,
said the continental body is not happy with
the standard of refereeing in the match and
Jdidi has been asked to step aside. Among the
contentious issues during Wednesday’s match
was the red card given to Burkina Faso forward Jonathan Pitroipa that could mean
he will miss Sunday’s final against Nigeria. The referee also awarded a soft spot kick to
Ghana in a display which threatened to
overshadow an exciting encounter. CAF has
however admitted the appeal of the
Burkinabe football federation for suspended
striker Jonathan Pitroipa. Pitroipa was sent off after receiving a
second yellow card by Tunisia referee slim
Jdidi for simulation, even though Ghana’s John
Boye appeared to make contact with him. CAF
Secretary-General said the organising
committee will study the match report sent in by the Tunisian official before taking any
decision.
www.informationng.com/2013/02/caf-sacks-referee-that-officiated-ghava-vs-burkina-faso-match.html

Re: CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. by Dfrenzy(m): 5:54am On Feb 08, 2013
Na wa, no be so they say they banned that referee wen ref Nigeria - Zambia match, say they don send am packing and he don already go home. Later, we see my guy dey work as fourth official for another match. Ah...! I dey laugh, i non go surprise if we see my guy for final dey hussle as linesman.
Re: CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. by Fatdon(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2013

(1) (Reply)

How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji / Business Mogul Jay-z To Sign Neymar To His Roc Nation Sports / Eagles To Wear White Against Tahiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.