Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Talent Is Better Than Education - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talent Is Better Than Education (28514 Views)

Talent Is Misunderstood And Overrated / Your Musical Talent Is NOT Fake, This Is All You Need To Succeed. / A Single Talent Is Not A Ticket To Success In Life. It Must Be Nurtured On A Dai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2013
My Dear Nl's. Today In Our Society People Are Blind. Everybody Wants To Be A Doctor,lawyer,banker Etc,they Forget Dat God Has Deposited Something In Them That Would Make Them Great...pls Tell Me One Banker That Is Popular And Richer dan 2face or davido...
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2013
You Spend At Least 5yrs in school plus nysc, and yet when u get a job they pay u peanuts, you are worth more than that.you sit in a office for like 8hours, like spendin ur whole life in a office? think pls,you have a talent that will make u great.......

13 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2013
Talent Is From GOD, God Told Jeremiah That He Knew Him Before He Was Formed In His Mothers Womb. Brethen Discover Urself...those At The Top Knew That They Are Worth More Than A bank job. you hav one talent the world needs to see,,but how will the world...

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2013
See It When U Choose To Settle For Less.. Who Told U dat U Wont Make It If You Dont Go To Skool? Dangote Dint Go To Skool Yet He Is The Richest Man In Africa, Ur Talent Will Take U Places.. Dnt Follow The Crowd. U Gota Stand Out, Ask GOD of that special..
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by OmoEziokwu: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by tanimola22: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
Kennedyiheme: My Dear Nl's. Today In Our Society People Are Blind. Everybody Wants To Be A Doctor,lawyer,banker Etc,they Forget Dat God Has Deposited Something In Them That Would Make Them Great...pls Tell Me One Banker That Is Popular And Richer dan 2face or davido...

Well, you said one banker, so I will give you just one. Jamie Dimon is one banker who is popular and richer than 2face and Davido combined..My respect to Tubaba.

T22

7 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by tanimola22: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
Kennedyiheme: See It When U Choose To Settle For Less.. Who Told U dat U Wont Make It If You Dont Go To Skool? Dangote Dint Go To Skool Yet He Is The Richest Man In Africa, Ur Talent Will Take U Places.. Dnt Follow The Crowd. U Gota Stand Out, Ask GOD of that special..

Stop peddling street rumors. Dangote attended Al Azhar University in Cairo and graduated in the 70's.

Perhaps your definition of going to school implies amassing Master's and PhD degrees smiley

T22.

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by 2sexy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
tanimola22:

Well, you said one banker, so I will give you just one. Jamie Dimon is one banker who is popular and richer than 2face and Davido combined..My respect to Tubaba.

T22
Leave this people to their own devise!

How can I email you?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
Tani But Ion Know Dis Yr Banker.u Probably Jst Searched On Google.. Tani If U Dnt Do Wht U Loe U Wil End Up Frustrated, Education Is NOt Meant To Be Used As A Source Of Generating Income..if U Wona Live A Managable Life Den Go For A White Colar Job
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
Dis Guy Talkin About Dat University In Egypt..dangote Studied There After Making It Big..get Yr Facts Right Bfor U Talk To Me...

3 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sholay2011(m): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
Op, calm down first. Seems you were high when you typed this nonsensical jargon. grin

On a serious note, how can you say talent is better than education? Don't you know education even helps to sharpen talent and brings about the side of professionalism, that's why we have courses like theatre arts, music etc?

Op, pls tell me, what serious economy is sustained by revenue generated from entertainment or talent MAJORLY? You cannot even survive to type this if some ppl such as farmers who put food on ur table and doctors fail to do their job who ensure we survive a diseased world and you're here ranting about talent. Don't you know no matter how much talent is, its survival is based on other things?

To make a standard movie, it's nt really based on 'so much' talent but rather good camera work and special effects which are products of technology. Technology is learnt thru education (though not like the one in Naija sha).

And as much as ppl wiv talent who have 'made' it are respected, they would always be less respected than ppl that deal with more serious issues that affect human survival. You don't expect ppl to respect genevieve than Ngozi-Okonjo Iweala or Tuface than Obasanjo (God forbid!) Or even dbanj than fashola!

Talent is good but not a thing that is sustainable for everyone...and education is never overrated...it is just misapplied in the nigerian case.

51 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by coputa(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
The comparison you made here are faulty..what has okonjo iwealla contributed to the development of this country,fuel subsidy removal,that brought more hardship to nigerians. Genieveve the star actress has genuine wealth and fame,she has affected the youth positively,not these educated illitrates who cannot survive outside government.,i want to ask with all honesty that is there anything that obasanjo at his age has achieved that tu face hasnt suppased at his tender age...talent is the key.

4 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
@op I tink its better 2 wake up and stop all dis social media tantrums....ignorant bliss and intellectual arrogance is somtin dat stems out of unfulfilled dreams and aspirations....so I tink its gonna b cool if u kip workin hard (jus like u'v been doin) and kip doin wateva makes u happy.
D world is d way it is ,if u can't get wat u want den u must'nt try 2 change d world wit unrealistic and untenable ideologies

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
@op I avnt achieved wat I wuld av loved 2 achieve bt am still workin and trying hard(while trustin in God) in my pursuit of happiness.....like u knw d pursuit of happiness is an individual tin which can only b attained thru evry individual's lifepath/journey....T4 attemptin 2 compare and contrast talent and education is a misplacement of priorities eventhough they are 2 seperate entities dat intertwine @ some point in life.........God be with U in all u do

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Coputa U Are Indeed A Wise Person, Dat Guy Is Talkin About Okonjo Iweala, Im Sure He Was One Of Pple Who Complain When She Did Nonsense. Guy Politicians Dnt Makew Any Impact, They Jst Bring Pain Nd Misery To Nigerians. Besides Can You Become A Farmer?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR TALENT? when u choose to use education as a source of generatin income? education is good, but its not meant to be used to make money common wake up

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sholay2011(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
Kennedyiheme: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR TALENT? when u choose to use education as a source of generatin income? education is good, but its not meant to be used to make money common wake up

Op, I don't have time for a lousy argument that would lead to nowhere. Seems your mind is already made up; so I wonder y u created the thread in the first instance since you are nt ready to listen to any view contrary to yours.

Talent is better than education? *Scoffs*

No wonder, with ppl like you at the helm of our media...all our youths would be involved in are programmes like 'big brother africa', 'project fame', 'nigerian idol', 'next movie star' and bla bla bla while programmes to encourage science and discovery are relegated to oblivion.

PS: I am an aspiring and quite talented actor and screenplayer but I don't overrate my craft.

5 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by tanimola22: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Dis Guy Talkin About Dat University In Egypt..dangote Studied There After Making It Big..get Yr Facts Right Bfor U Talk To Me...

Okay, I hear you. But, at least, you probably should agree that your claim that Dangote did not go to school is not completely correct. The discussion is to choose between 'Dangote went to school and Dangote did not go to school'. We all know that he at least went to a university and read business studies. He therefore does not qualify as a college dropout or a did-not-go-to-school billionaire, even if it was yesterday he graduated from the university.

Jamie Dimon is a known banker at JP Morgan and a co-founder of the Citi Bank you hear of today. He is not an unknown name in the world...Maybe your point would have been sharper if you had said 'tell me one banker in Nigeria with riches and popularity dominating those of Tubaba and davido.

T22
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by tanimola22: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2013
2sexy: Leave this people to their own devise!

How can I email you?

Hey,

My username at yahoo dot com.

T22
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Sholay From What I Knw In The Bible, I Conclude That U Are A Du'm'my, The Bible Says A MAN'S TALENT WILL MAKE HIM SIT AMONG KINGS AND NOT MEAN MEN... mr oga eplore yr talent, u might be the solution to someones problem..dont chase the wind dat u cant see

2 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
U Are A Good Actor. Why Dont U Go For It? Nd Change Dis Shit NollyWood Is Making...sholay Na Naija U Dey Oo..i Hve Heard On Several Occasion Where Some People In Banks Quit Their Job Or Get Sacked, My Broda who Won Sack Tuface Naaa Answer Me
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by coputa(m): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2013
We swallowed western education hook line and sinker,their educational currcullum made provisions for technical and vocational education,wherein graduates can discover and sharpen their God given talents. If mike tyson were to be a nigerian he would have ended up as a political thug..but in America where he came from they have a place for him where he can develope his God given talents. This explains why the unemployment rate is on the high side in nigeria..The few that are talented here are those that took the bold step themselves..

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2013
Tani Wht Do U Do For A Livin?jst Pray U Dont Get Sacked Oneday Cos Ur Faith Is Nt In Yr Hands*laughin* Guy Na Naija U Dey, Americans Wey Upgrade Pass Us They Cherish Talent, Fare Well To A Journey Of No Where
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by styca(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
@op when you talk of talent what do you really mean,because all i could see is the performing art sought of talent.did it ever cross your mind that some are talented in other ways like;juggling numbers,doing analytical work and thinking and many other inherent talents?
Now someone with those afore mentioned talents needs a form of education to sharpen those talents. Even tuface and them davido you mentioned needed a form of education to be where they are today.
Again when you even talk of education what type do you even have in mind?
Bro i could go on and on but let me leave you with this word:
talent may bring you fame and wealth but it is knowledge gotten through education that secures it.

6 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tani.. You even went international in mentioning one name. lets just talk about Nigeria. The OP.. Access bank AIG, or some ex bnakers-- Jim ovia, Tony elumelu. In fact, their financial muscle would put those u mentioned to seizure
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
tanimola22:

Okay, I hear you. But, at least, you probably should agree that your claim that Dangote did not go to school is not completely correct. The discussion is to choose between 'Dangote went to school and Dangote did not go to school'. We all know that he at least went to a university and read business studies. He therefore does not qualify as a college dropout or a did-not-go-to-school billionaire, even if it was yesterday he graduated from the university.

Jamie Dimon is a known banker at JP Morgan and a co-founder of the Citi Bank you hear of today. He is not an unknown name in the world...Maybe your point would have been sharper if you had said 'tell me one banker in Nigeria with riches and popularity dominating those of Tubaba and davido.

T22
Atedo Peterside of Stanbic IBTC bank, Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank, etc
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
x-fire:

Atedo Peterside of Stanbic IBTC bank, Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank, etc
Sorry I Dont Even Knw Who Jim Ovia Is.. But Everybdy Knws Messi,ronaldo, Rihanna. Case Sealed A Mans Talent Wil Make Him Sit Among Kings, Thus Says Da Bible

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Sorry I Dont Even Knw Who Jim Ovia Is.. But Everybdy Knws Messi,ronaldo, Rihanna. Case Sealed A Mans Talent Wil Make Him Sit Among Kings, Thus Says Da Bible
I'm not ready to debate your flawed argument. It will be a sheer waste of energy. I just wanna tell you to stop writing all words in sentence case as it makes it more stressful to read.

8 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sholay2011(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2013
x-fire:

I'm not ready to debate your flawed argument. It will be a sheer waste of energy. I just wanna tell you to stop writing all words in sentence case as it makes it more stressful to read.

Lol. You wicked oo

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by coputa(m): 10:06am On Feb 13, 2013
Talent is something God has deposited in us,this talent can either be discovered or sharpen by you..Education is learning or acquiring knowledge in different field of endeavours,we have formal and informal education.Talents can be discovered or sharpen through informal education which is skill acquisition. If Tu face didnt go to school i am sure he would nt be able to write songs Ditto Davido..
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
I Use Nokia Express Music, And The Punctuation Key Isnt Working Well, IM NOT A DULLARD
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by arinze345(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
Can 2face buy a yatch? That's not even the point, point is these musicians and footballers don't even reign for long. Where is Azadus, Tetuila, Idris etc 2day...certainly not reigning as they were not too long ago. Be wise. Education is key, it makes Talent come out better. Even wise entertainers advice youths to go to school before considering showbiz. Just saying....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? / Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.