Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Comparism Between Car& House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Comparism Between Car& House (953 Views)

Suitors Search For Lady Offering Car, House For Husband / Wife,car,house, Which Should A Young Man Acquire First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparism Between Car& House by Rolahun(f): 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Good Afternoon Floor Members,
Myself n my husband bought our first land last year, we were now debating on whether to start the building project or to buy a car! cos we face alot of stress jumping taxi, while going to our various working place, and d money at hand can't be sufficient 4 d two projects,what are ur views? matured minded people only please.
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Jellitah: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
A CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OF COURSE!!!!

You will save more money and LESS STRESS.

Building the house will take some time. . . . you can take your time!!!! kiss
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Achiles: 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
I think you guys should start the building project. I had to sacrifice my car late last year when I took the painful decision to start my building project. It has been stressful but each time I visit the project site, I feel so happy. Getting a car has advantages in the short term, but building your own house especially when you don't have all the money is the wisest thing you guys can do. I sold off my car of N1.250 for 720 after two year but the land I bought N200k two years ago now go for N900. I trust you guys will decide the best.
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Rolahun(f): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oh thank u for d advice
Jellitah: A CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OF COURSE!!!!

You will save more money and LESS STRESS.

Building the house will take some time. . . . you can take your time!!!! kiss
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Rolahun(f): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Really that is what my mind is telling me, but u know now, i just wanted to know peoples opinion, since they say a problem shared is half solved, thank u very much n God will perfect both d 2project(AMEN)
Achiles: I think you guys should start the building project. I had to sacrifice my car late last year when I took the painful decision to start my building project. It has been stressful but each time I visit the project site, I feel so happy. Getting a car has advantages in the short term, but building your own house especially when you don't have all the money is the wisest thing you guys can do. I sold off my car of N1.250 for 720 after two year but the land I bought N200k two years ago now go for N900. I trust you guys will decide the best.
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by RollingFella(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Both of them are good,though there is this general belief that a car is not an investment. However, before i give any advise, i will like you to answer these questions:

1. can you give an estimate of how much you intend to budget for the car and the building project?

2. Do you have kids?

3. How long have you been married?
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Rolahun(f): 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
well we are planning to get Toyota Picnic,as we all knew dat no one can estimate d amount to be spent on house building project,ofcourse our union is fruitful n our marriage is still fresh less than 5years Thanks for ur concern.
RollingFella: Both of them are good,though there is this general belief that a car is not an investment. However, before i give any advise, i will like you to answer these questions:

1. can you give an estimate of how much you intend to budget for the car and the building project?

2. Do you have kids?

3. How long have you been married?
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by RollingFella(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Rolahun: well we are planning to get Toyota Picnic,as we all knew dat no one can estimate d amount to be spent on house building project,ofcourse our union is fruitful n our marriage is still fresh less than 5years Thanks for ur concern.

Based on the current price of a toyota picnic in the market,i will assume that the bulk of the money at your disposal is in a six figure range.i also want to assume that you and your hubby have regular monthly income.However,the family needs a car, especially in case of emergencies.From my personal experience, building projects can be financially draining if the finance at hand is not properly managed.it can also tie down a lot of cash too,but still its very important and good wise investment decision to build.i will suggest that since the land has been bought,you and your hubby should get a simple and good house design. From the design,you will be able to have a very good estimate to be spent on the house (from foundation level to roofing and finally to completion).Once you have gotten the house design and estimate ready,begin the foundation of the house,and after completing the foundation,you can pause for a little while.As for the car,you can go for a cheaper toyota car so as to save money.Then gradually,you budget 2, 3 or 4 bags of cement,as the case may be, every month or quarterly for the house project,depending on how your family monthly income flow is.with discipline,commitment and dedication,you will finish your building and at the same time have a car for your family.
Re: Comparism Between Car& House by Rolahun(f): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2013
i appreciate the time u devoted for our case, i think i've gained something from ur kindly advice, thank u God will see us both through.
RollingFella:

Based on the current price of a toyota picnic in the market,i will assume that the bulk of the money at your disposal is in a six figure range.i also want to assume that you and your hubby have regular monthly income.However,the family needs a car, especially in case of emergencies.From my personal experience, building projects can be financially draining if the finance at hand is not properly managed.it can also tie down a lot of cash too,but still its very important and good wise investment decision to build.i will suggest that since the land has been bought,you and your hubby should get a simple and good house design. From the design,you will be able to have a very good estimate to be spent on the house (from foundation level to roofing and finally to completion).Once you have gotten the house design and estimate ready,begin the foundation of the house,and after completing the foundation,you can pause for a little while.As for the car,you can go for a cheaper toyota car so as to save money.Then gradually,you budget 2, 3 or 4 bags of cement,as the case may be, every month or quarterly for the house project,depending on how your family monthly income flow is.with discipline,commitment and dedication,you will finish your building and at the same time have a car for your family.

(1) (Reply)

Family Issues / 43 Security And Safety Tips For You And Your Family All Year Round / Why Do Parents Hide Their Age From Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.