Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Childhood Pranks And Adventure: Your Story. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childhood Pranks And Adventure: Your Story. (940 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Pranks And Adventure: Your Story. by Totfulguy: 1:14am On Sep 22, 2013
Well I just think it will be fun to recollect what your childhood pranks, daring moves and adventures were. I am sure a lot of us will have some very interesting stuff to put across. Let me start this way, I remember growing up, I had grown cousins who lived with us. My cousin was a chronic pot-picker (like she used to pick meat from the port of soup/stew). I was five years old and the last of six children. My elder ones would go to school and that left me and my cousin at home together. On several occasions my cousin would go to the kitchen and pick meat from the pot, I knew the trend at a point so I often was on her trail and I would often appear unexpected behind her and give her fixed I-will-tell-if-you-don't-give me stare. She often, gave me a piece of meat from the pot as bribe which I usually gladly accepted and made me promise not to snitch on her. Normally, the first thing I would do when my parents or elder sister came back was tell them my cousin picked the pot of soup. She often got the beating of her life (which I used to giggle and chuckle about with my sister) but she never stopped-call it kleptomania.

I also recall being fascinated with the small sized camphor which I used to sniff out of curiosity. On this particular day, I stretched the limits of the adventure/curiosity to trying to see if the camphor would fit into my nostril. I pushed on into the left nostril and kept pushing and blowing it out. It did come out until I pushed it into the deep end and it stuck inside my nostril. Well you can imagine the pandemonium this caused. The whole neighbourhood became agog as news of my camphor adventure which was leaked by my immediate elder sister became viral. Anyway, my dad put me on his bike and took me straight to a clinic. I had a phobia for injections as a child so I did everything humanly possible on my way to the hospital to remove the camphor that was stuck in my nostril. I kept trying as we rode the over 12 miles to the hospital. The camphor stayed in there until my Dad rode into the hospital premises and I made a last ditch effort to remove the camphor from my nostril and it came out to my relief. I quickly told my Dad that the camphor had come out and showed it to him as evidence. I thought that was going to be the end of it all and we would go home-I was wrong. My Dad worked me straight to the nurse on duty and explained what happened. The "heartless" nurse pulled her syringe and needle and gave me the "horror" I thought would not happen. She injected me with God-knows what and you can guess what happened next. I will hold my breath here and look forward to what your adventure was. I hope this makes a hilarious and informative thread. grin

(1) (Reply)

Can You Be A Stay-at-home Dad? / What Is Wrong With Our Women? / The Leader's Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.