Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism (16900 Views)

Two Absu Students Beheaded (graphic Images) / 14 JSS Students Arrested For Cultism In Edo(photo) / The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by adexsimply(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
was said to have died after undergoing rigorous ritual exercise, following his intention to join a cult in the school
did you read that part DUDE?

Asis: Chai sad indeed,dis dude was murdered in cold blood,and they still think,this the best way to live up to expectations?dwelling in poky swaggs?and what exactly is their gain?killing people?thus enjoying this as a game?mehnn many have become foolish to wisdom,de will never learn,their brain is in their hands,they will never learn..all izz well
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 09, 2013
Is absu the only university in nigeria this school is bad news
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by plantation(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2013
Both Chiemele and Obinna (the deceased) were all my boys during my last days in Abia State University and I remember always warning them against 'playing any game' (cultism). Look at work it has led them into. Anyway, my heart goes to Obinna's parents. Let Justice Prevail.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Ogegod87: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2013
Dis is sad.
say no 2 cultism.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
the guy is a fool. after surviving 3 good without joining any cult. it is when he is a couple of years to finish that he thinks he needs cult 'power'.
i only feel sorry for the parents.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Clerverly: 9:48am On Feb 09, 2013
strangest: There are more out there... Maybe they should ask Wole Soyinka how to stop this...
You are a f00l for dragging Wole Soyinka into this. Ewu Congo!
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by phapi(m): 9:53am On Feb 09, 2013
WHAt a sad lost tooo d family
What oda piple r striving hard to get,he got it and flaunt it to d Dog........God grant d family fortitude to accept dis grieve
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Asis(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2013
adexsimply:
did you read that part DUDE?

of course,and how did you know,it was his intent?the deceased confirmed this to the police himself from the beyond?or those who eventually led the police through this investigation?you don't have to accept every story,the way it is,for some are polished..
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by amunekeuto: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2013
the school cults recruit members now by force and intimidation.we should aim at completely eradicating cultism from our schools and society.it is the wrong attitude to say "serves him right". even if d victim consented to join, he did not consent to be killed.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by lacasa: 10:27am On Feb 09, 2013
​ so​ what's new sad

More cultists than 'students' graduate yearly from schools in that corner of Nigeria
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Goldenskin: 10:28am On Feb 09, 2013
Reminds me of my friend while I was still in school. He occasionally had terrible migraines that made his eyes red and renders him useless for hours. He later told us that some years ago in another school he got to the final stage of being initiated into a cult which involved hitting him on the head several times with planks. He passed out before the end of the process and was unable to conclude the initiation process. That was the genesis of the migraines.

Don't know why their initiation processes have to be this wicked and inhumane.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by olempe(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2013
valicious1: U no get mind u wan go play game.

He wan form big boy, he died in the process and became a big boi in the grave... Smh.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by etalker: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2013
Mumu, na ordinary "bush" u enter u no survive. Which kind "system guy" u dey plan to be self? Na common beating u no fit endure. Good for u. In ur next world stay off cultism!
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Artistree: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2013
Asis: you are right though,what if he was coerced to joining them?the fella later complained of weakness and he was left unattended to..
There's no level of coercion dat woulda made him succumb. It was voluntary & I presume d reason he wasn't taken 2d hspital is cos dey sure won't be a tangible explanation of wat happened 2him. Yle still in sch 10yrs ago, a wannabe cultist died in like manner & was buried close 2my hostel.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Asis(m): 10:55am On Feb 09, 2013
Artistree:
There's no level of coercion dat woulda made him succumb. It was voluntary & I presume d reason he wasn't taken 2d hspital is cos dey sure won't be a tangible explanation of wat happened 2him. Yle still in sch 10yrs ago, a wannabe cultist died in like manner & was buried close 2my hostel.
yea,sure no doubt,bt have u been coerced 2 doing sometn against ur will bfor?den u will knw, its very possible,many cultist bcame one,nt bcuz de wanted 2,bt bcuz they wher left with no other choice, after much frustration,from pressure and coercion,one can nevr know though..
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by freecocoa(f): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2013
There was no innocent life lost as far as I'm concerned. Its not as if the dead guy was a first year student, he wouldn't say he knew not what he walked into, mumu wey don almost graduate na now him wan join cult, mscheew.

Good riddance to the nuisance.angry
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by jayiyke007(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2013
Hmmm, joining a cult group @ 400 level. I assume he joined under duress.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by phreakabit(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2013
Ejiné: Na waa oh. Never knew some idiiots were still practicing cultism.

Your mates are doing Yahoo Plus and you're here carrying machetes.

SMH.

Guy you deserve a bottle of champagne!!
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by atikubaba(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2013
Initiation at 400L?I doubt it nd if it is true then this is sound more like sucide than murder.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by brownlord: 11:38am On Feb 09, 2013
victorD3: Cultism is like dying to visit America or United Kingdom, no matter how people that has been there tries to convince you that there is nothing in it you still want to go and see for yourself.

They say "who no come no go know"

hahahahaha, who no go nor know how far my broder, the boy be idiot when small small children dey pass initiation, nai that obonte go give up, anyways, i always tell people nothing in cultism, but they would never listen, it doesnt make u a hard man, cultism wont dont even give you moral to stand up to ur mate except when they are in group or together, they are the most fearful, suspicious and never free to associate

To all those aspiring / intending members( CULTISM IS EVIL ) they say is a brotherhood, where is the brotherliness in a brotherhood, if your brother knowing fully well you have not paid your SCHOOL FEES but still have the moral to seize your phone or school file becos u hv not paid your confraternity due? where is the love if your brother can because of emergency due drill or even seize your properties or order for your beating when you have exam to write the following day, have seen cases of people missing exam and having extra year as a result of cult activities.

Say no to Violence and No to cultism in our school of learning

EX NATIONAL SEC. GEN ANTI CULT CRUSADE ORGANIZATION OF NIGERIA
AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY EKPOMA

4 Likes

Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by practitioner(m): 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
ayswags: Is absu the only university in nigeria this school is bad news
Oh plsss.. These things happen in most universities in Nigeria.This is jst one of d few we hear abt. Imagine what would ve bn d case if d corpse was not found.Jst another story of someone missing.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
I was never a cultist during ma uni days, I enjoyed being free, tho I was driving cars n flexing with ma babes, none of d cult boys came near me instead they beg me for money or beer......... I disassociate frm any frnd that joins dem immediately, I no dey waste time. Cultism doesn't pay at all n it kills. But ehh, these boys dey get morals ooo, to carry guns arnd jes to kill your fellow student. Oo, dem no dey even send if ur d only son..... May d dead rest in peace shaa, but no innocent soul was lost because had it been he scaled through d initiation process He could have joined his fellow killers n murderers.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by EagleNest(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
Cultism is evil... whether the one practiced in university or the one outside university.It is a 'game' of death.
It nearly destroyed my junior brother but thanks be to God he survived, after spending almost 7years for a course of 4years.
Whoever introduced the idea of cultism in Nigeria university simply brought youth destruction. Ever imagined what our universities would have been without cultism.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
11th commandment- Thou Shalt Not Be Found Out!!!
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by slap1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Last year, some cultists were arrested for killing a guy in ABSU. The police made so much noise, but the guys later got out after paying some money. One of the killers is a guy called Romeo and I know where he lives now in Okigwe town, adjacent Oceanic Bank. This said, I don't think much should be expected from the police. In ABSU, even the soldiers rock with the rich cultists, and I'm so sure of what I write.
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by tpbehappy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
Asis: you are right though,what if he was coerced to joining them?the fella later complained of weakness and he was left unattended to..
Did i hear u say coerced? nobody can be coerced into anything unless you re prepared for it.........I was threaten so many times but with the help of God, prayers from the my mother most especially and her advice and also MY STRONG WILL TO SAY NO......
Ways to say no....
U can threaten to report without reporting but inform your parent and involve your father most especially.
Tell it to God
and always say no..
They wont kill you for not joining but u can be killed for betrayal

SAY NO TO CULTISM......SAY YES TO GOOD THINKING
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by ozodimgba(m): 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
cool cool
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
[quote
author=urch999]I was never a cultist during ma uni days, I enjoyed
being free, tho I was driving cars n flexing with ma babes, none of d
cult boys came near me instead they beg me for money or beer.........
[/quote]HMM, BROS U SURE. HOP NO BE ANODAwink
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by ozodimgba(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
valicious1: U no get mind u wan go play game.

So you are one of them? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by valicious1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
ozo-dimgba:

So you are one of them? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Did u hear me say I am?
Re: 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism by dnawah(m): 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
dvdon: These students must be the most retarded folks in Abia isn't this foolish? How can some1 delibrately submit himself to be lynched in the name of initiation, its not that u r enrolling into Millitary,Police etc but Cultism a cheap one 4 dat matter. I support his dad to press charge those kids could stand life imprisomnment each or death penalty.
did d dad trained him d way he should go,will it happened?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Battery Thief Beaten In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Arraigns Directors Of Origin Oil And Gas Over N735m Subsidy Scam (pics) / Five Men Jailed For Bank Fraud, To Sweep NIS Premises For Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.