Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Web Review Needed On This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Review Needed On This Website (485 Views)

Web Review / Web Review Needed On This Website / Very Colorfully Mixed And Simple (web Review Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Web Review Needed On This Website by greenmouse(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
http://www.lamodele-collectionz.com/

Is this interface good or should there be a redesign.

Pls state your reason, the client seem to like it but I want to redesign it,
whats your take on this ?
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
Color
The dark-green color makes the interface too dull.

Hover
1. The hover image is not perfectly aligning with the link background.
2. You need to remove the hover image from the shopping cart icon. When you hover on the cart, the hover image appears awkwardly at the background.

Typography
The font you used on the merry Christmas slide image is not professional and it's not properly aligned, and you need to reduce the line-height a bit.

Cursor
When you open the pages that display bags or shoes, if you hover on a shoe, the hover effect is quite good, but why not make the cursor pointer instead of default. This will tell the user that the particular shoe or bag can be clicked.

The website is quite dynamic. Thank you.
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by yawatide(f): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
My understanding of this post is that the site already existed and OP is trying to earn some business by recommending a redesign.

Regardless, if the site is a busy one and hasn't been touched for at least 2 years, I would say a redesign is in order. When going about it, consider:
1) Audience: Include mobile in the audience. I don't see anything on the site that caters to mobile
2) Performance: The product images are being forced to a certain size. Why not use the size you are forcing it to fit? This would reduce bandwidth significantly
3) Search: Doesn't seem to work
4) Accessibility and Usability: Title tags, alt tags, etc should be in use
5) Code refactoring: A lot of the code isn't semantic
6) SEO: The source code doesn't look SEO-friendly

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Website Guru Around Akowonjo With Ability To Teach Wanted / Freelance Joomla Template Developer Wanted! / Sky Rocket In One Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.