Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? (61616 Views)

Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective / Football: World Muslim 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by daloko(m): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
is it true that India is banned from playing fifa world cup,if so why?

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by chucky234(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thêre wêre banned because no country want to be hammared 20 - 0 by India.
LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Hadeyeancah(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
Have u watch Shaolin Soccer? That is the reason

3 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by AndreUweh(m): 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
India has never at any time been banned from Football. The no 1 sport in India is not football, so they do not pay more attention to football. India actually played in the last Asian football nations cup.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Rossikk(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
The thing about India is that they've maintained their traditions, religion etc to the point that their juju is still very pure and potent. They don't send christianity, islam etc. Their ancient faiths remain very solid. So if they JAZZ YOU, it will work ten times more than say Nigeran jazz or Senegalese that's been diluted by all sorts of foreign infiltration. This is why its best to avoid them in games like soccer, where they can easily make you see 20 balls instead of one on the pitch. Which ball will you chase?

cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Dfrenzy(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2013
Rossikk: The thing about India is that they've maintained their traditions, religion etc to the point that their juju is still very pure and potent. They don't send christianity, islam etc. Their ancient faiths remain very solid. So if they JAZZ YOU, it will work ten times more than say Nigeran jazz or Senegalese that's been diluted by all sorts of foreign infiltration. This is why its best to avoid them in games like soccer, where they can easily make you see 20 balls instead of one on the pitch. Which ball will you chase?

cool cool
Uhm!!! Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Rapture4real(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2014
Maybe it is a lie.I was told when I was small that they played a country and they won 100:0 because of jazz.the ball would turn to animal and the goalkeeper would run or turn to 20 different balls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by cr7lomo: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
The reason y India where banned for FIFA competitions is because the refused to play with football boots during the world cup in the 50s , they where they disqualified and banned , them themselves then lost interest in the game , tho they are pickin up now

2 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Trendy247: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is because they scored Nigeria 100-0, and they also killed samuel okparaji during the match...
Mek una no attack me o, na wetin dem tel me wen i was 10yrs old wey i dey tel una so o
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by kimco(m): 11:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
cr7lomo:
The reason y India where banned for FIFA competitions is because the refused to play with football boots during the world cup in the 50s , they where they disqualified and banned , them themselves then lost interest in the game , tho they are pickin up now

Oh damn u didn't have to ruin the fun. Nairaland come up with the funniest stuff around. Hahahah

2 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by kimco(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Rossikk:
The thing about India is that they've maintained their traditions, religion etc to the point that their juju is still very pure and potent. They don't send christianity, islam etc. Their ancient faiths remain very solid. So if they JAZZ YOU, it will work ten times more than say Nigeran jazz or Senegalese that's been diluted by all sorts of foreign infiltration. This is why its best to avoid them in games like soccer, where they can easily make you see 20 balls instead of one on the pitch. Which ball will you chase?

cool cool

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha. My ribs hahahhaha
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by wiringdpt(m): 1:32am On Nov 14, 2014
They refused to wear boots not over some magic bullshit we were told.
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by mistabiola: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
The AIFF withdrew then because of the running cost of travelling and the like but i think it's because they don't fancy the game of soccer compare to other games.
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by hakunajay(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
India has never been to any World Cup because FIFA won't allow them sing and dance for 15 minutes after every goal.

16 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by seankay(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2014
hakunajay:
India has never been to any World Cup because FIFA won't allow them sing and dance for 15 minutes after every goal.
This has got to be the funniest grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by romzyxy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
cr7lomo:

Yea I think dix one is among d reason
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hadeyeancah:
Ooo God! Y una dey reason like dis na?grin lolz

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by ChildofChukwu(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2015
Hadeyeancah:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by adexsimply(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2015
hakunajay:
oh my fvcking god! grin dude!!! Lmao

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Greatihex(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2015
They were disqualified along with Scotland and one other country like that during the 1958 world cup or thereabout, because they wanted to play with bare foot. Since then, they have not been involved in international football until recently.

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by jjamani(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2015
grin
hakunajay:

hahahaa guy where u from?
Mods help us put dis one for FTP
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by hakunajay(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2015
jjamani:
grin
hahahaa guy where u from? Mods help us put dis one for FTP

If I tell you, you won't believe me...
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by tpiadotcom: 12:06am On May 23, 2015
how many times will we hear stories about india and football?

just say what you're trying to say and quit speaking in parables.
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Makapounse(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2015
Greatihex:
They were disqualified along with Scotland and one other country like that during the 1958 world cup or thereabout, because they wanted to play with bare foot. Since then, they have not been involved in international football until recently.
it seems u're on point , but how sure are u?

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Greatihex(m): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2015
Makapounse:
it seems u're on point , but how sure are u?
i read it frm the back of an exercise book, so i did my research. U cn do urs.
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by tpiadotcom: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
this topic again?
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by philipobiz: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
The link below will be usefull on the truth about India football
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_India_national_football_team

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by kehnton(m): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Trendy247:
It is because they scored Nigeria 100-0, and they also killed samuel okparaji during the match...
Mek una no attack me o, na wetin dem tel me wen i was 10yrs old wey i dey tel una so o

samuel okwaraji died in 1989 in a match with Angola,
everything about India's juju is all urban legend.
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by jmanity: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2018
They qualified for the 1950 world cup but didn't participate because they wanted to play barefooted, since then they have not been able to qualify but they play in the AFC championship.

1 Like

Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
hakunajay:
grin grin sad
Re: Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? by favourchuks(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2019
me too wanna know o

(1) (Reply)

Equatorial Guinea Vs Nigeria: AWCON 2018 (0 - 6) On 24th November 2018 / Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates / Harry Kane Weds Katie Goodland (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.