Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Thierry Henry From Madagascar! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Thierry Henry From Madagascar! (7726 Views)

Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by Mosetra(f): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2008
Yes! yes!! yes!!!

This is no joke, neither is it a lie. I was in DR Congo last for a continental conference and I met two delegates from Madagascar. One of them happens to share the same first name as the renowned footballer and I jokingly commented about that and surprise, surprise!!. Now here is the story: The tribe to which Thierry is supposed to belong somehow still still lives in the dark ages when twins are a taboo. The only difference however is that purification rites do not require the killing of either both or even one of the twins. The only requirement to appease the "gods" is for the parents of the twins to pick one and give the other away.

Now Henry's parents decided to give Thierry away to a French Couple living in the area at that time. When they left, naturally they went with their adopted son.

Now the validity of this fable: One of the delegates from Madagascar is a Roman Catholic Priest involved in development work and it was to him that the biological parents of Thierry went to seek help on how to get their son back. Can you imagine? Well, after three years, Fr. Thierry was able to track the new father of Henry who said that the footballer has only known them as his parents and they were not ready to destabilise his life by bringing up a new story. Infact, there was a vehement warning to the "son seekers" never to try that again.

After recovering from my initiail shock, i told the Priest that I actually agree to that. After all, the boy was given away - free of charge, unwanted. So all of a sudden because he's become a "somebody" they want him back.

However, someone else disagreed. She felt the biological parents should atleast be allowed access to him and if the foster parents actually love him, they should tell him his background.

Now Nairalanders, what do you think?
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by Akolawole(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2008
I think its a lie

Henry was born in a surburb of france but his Parents are not French but of French colony
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by Mosetra(f): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2008
That is what wikipedia tells u
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by Akolawole(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
Wiki what!

Henry is from one of those french island in carribean.
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by Chacal: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ Akolawole,

I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!
Henry was born in Paris. . . . . That makes him a ceritified French citizen.
It does not matter if he was born by Nigerian parents or Togolese couple.
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by rikkyjen(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2008
Le Chac, i think Akola is right

Henry's parent are from French guyana. Infact i read somewhere that he was born in the Guyana, which made him an automatic french citizen because the Guiyana belongs to France.

Its like Fat Joe, a Puerto-Rican who is automatically a US citizen cos Puerto-Rico is a United states territory just as Guiyana is France's territory
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by tkb417(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
no idea!!
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by MrCrackles(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
Chacal:

@ Akolawole,

I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!
Henry was born in Paris. . . . . That makes him a ceritified French citizen.
It does not matter if he was born by Nigerian parents or Togolese couple.

Shut up Sharon! grin
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by tayoccu(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2009
@ post
do you have to post such crap just to gain attention? angry

Thierry Henry is from a tiny Caribbean island called Martinique.
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by davidif: 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2009
I thought Thierry Henry was from Guadeloupe??

but man, mr. poster, i was blown away by your fascinating story, grin grin grin i almost swallowed it hook, sink and ladder. if to say i no read the comments for this thread i for don  believe you ha ha ha ha  grin. Nice try sha.
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by chrisical(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2009
madagascar ko,sao tome ni
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by A40(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2009
Naah he's from Sapele grin grin
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by kondo0525: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2009
I dont know what u guys talkin' 'bout, last time I checked, Thierry is from Asoso, Republic of Benin. And that is a fact! Whatever anybody else says is folklore, lol cheesy
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by mukina2: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
Naa he is from Lesotho grin
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by PERVERT9: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
nigbana nko and so what? na wetin concern agbero with overload na wetin concern una with where him come from?una wan make him come from una village? yeye jobless people cool
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by chrisical(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2009
Re: Thierry Henry From Madagascar! by benz190: 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2010
henry is from benin~

i had a direct interview wif him~ angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey? / Westbrom Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 18th August 2012 / Arsenal Vs Vorskla Europa League (4 - 2) On 20th September 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.